2010 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
WOW! What a great car!
By mark_p on 12/24/11 17:12 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my fit in Feb. 2011, in the dead of winter here in VT. I used to drive a Chevy Colorado, and thought that I might be making a huge mistake downsizing to a petite FWD scooter, such as this. Boy, was I wrong! I tried to purchase every other make of similar car, and every time I came back to the Fit. In fact, I had a cashier's check in my pocket to purchase a Volvo C-30, and I've never regretted the decision to buy the Fit. Of course, I have never had a problem with the Fit. Acceleration and handling are good. I didn't expect a Ferrari, & I am happy with the Fit's perky attitude.

Fits everything, parks anywhere, best price
By karen310 on 06/14/11 13:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Fit after my beloved Jeep Wrangler developed Death Wobble and I sunk over $1000 into repairs that did not work. I needed something practical, for a change, but I hated giving up the incredible fun of a Jeep. Ten months later I have no regrets at all. We have a blue model that we call the TARDIS because it really is impossibly larger inside than outside. My 3 children and 6' tall husband all fit comfortably, although I haven't tried to put 3 adults in the back. Mileage with mostly big city driving is consistently 30 MPG, and on a mostly highway trip was 48 MPG.

simple, and wonderful because of it
By eldaino2 on 05/07/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2007 and traded it to buy a 2009 GTi. The Gti was reliable and a very fun car to own . But its achilles heel was ultimately its high cost to maintain, and the GTi was good at emptying my wallet. Premium was all it was ever fed, and with gas the way it is, 60 dollar tanks were regular. i picked this up for a great price (brand new, in 2011) and it has proven to be a far improved car than its predecessor. I was afraid of loosing my Gti's highspeed stability, and overall feeling of solidity, but the fit, given the difference in weight and how tall it is, makes a good case for itself. it may be slower, but its tossability makes it more fun to drive. And now my wallet is more full :)

Great Car, but Tires are a problem
By jodiepup on 03/01/11 18:31 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

All, although I love my 2010 Fit Sport, there is a serious issue with tire selection, particularly for those that live in snowy areas. Because of all the snow and ice in Maine this year, I decided that I should remove the Dunlop OEM tires, put on higher quality all-season radials. Other than the Dunlop, which is backordered in many cases, a Honda Fit Sport owner only has two options in the 185 55R 16 size: Bridgestone Turanzo El 470 ($140 a tire) or a Bridgestone Potenza ($100 a tire). Neither tire is rated well in wintry conditions. I inquire about snow tires in this size; nobody manufactures them. I asked my dealership if I could put on a different size tire, and they did not recommend it. Neither did they recommend a difference size rim. Please call Honda at (800) 999-1009 to voice your concern about tire selection for the Honda Fit Sport!

High value for the price. Perfect for our needs.
By ograywolf on 02/09/11 14:17 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We wanted a roomy, high quality, low cost vehicle, and this is exactly what Honda delivered. I've owned a muscle car, a Vette and the VTEC, and I have to put this little guy up there with them for performance and handling, especially when passing. I did a cross-country trip in it, and actually slept two nights in it at rest stops. It's a small car...likely not as comfortable as our 1996 Explorer...but 14 hour days on the road worked...and the mileage clocked in at 35mpg. Like any Honda, I expect to drive this one for 800,000...and then bequeath it to my heirs in 20 years.

SAFETY IS GOOD
By colette51 on 12/13/10 20:46 PM (PST)

2010 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I had a head-on accident with a large truck doing 35 to 40 MPH in my 2009 Honda Fit. I came out of the accident with only bruising from the seat belts, and a cracked sternum (breastbone). The air bags worked the way they were supposed to. Family members who saw the actual damage and a friend who saw pics of the car damage are amazed I was not killed in the accident. I am now looking for another Honda Fit. I strongly recommend it for safety, as well as all other categories.

It's a blast!
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the Fit for over three months and 3200 miles. Averaged 38.8 mpg by the computer and my records. It is as much fun as a 60's MG or Triumph. Previous car was a BMW X-3 and this is more fun and I've discovered I don't need the automatic air, fancy stuff and most of all, high cost. I love the car because it is fun and frugal and since mine is 5- speed and Milano Red, everyone breaks their neck looking at it.

Love It!
By Rick D. on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car about 2 months ago, and love it! The fuel economy is better than advertised. I've been getting 33 mpg on a regular basis. There is slight handling issue at higher speeds in traffic, but overall a great little car. Surprising amount of cargo capacity for its size.

A Turd!
By enginagogo on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car straight from the boat-with 6 miles. The 6 months were fine but since, it's been a rattling, oil leaking piece of junk. I have had to take it in to have it looked at for rattling once and have to take it back again. At 60 mph, it rattles and whines. The Fit is the cheapest car in the Honda line-up and it shows. It's cheap. I can't wait to be rid of it.

New Honda Fit Sport 2010
By dakotarain on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought a Honda Fit Sport 2010 after months of research. I love my new car, great price, and financing. It is super fun to zip around town in and looks so sporty. Gas mileage on the way home from the purchase was over 35 miles per gallon. I commute a total of 50 miles a day and usually have over 1/4 tank left over at the end of the week. My only complaint is that I have nowhere to rest my elbow while driving. The door arm rest is too low and the little driver side arm rest is too short. It's awkward to find a comfortable driving position. I had to buy my own Honda floor mats as they refused to throw them in on the deal.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda Fit in VA is:

$112 per month*