2009 Honda Fit Consumer Review: My Honda Fits Fine!

2009 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic w/Navigation)

My Honda Fits Fine!
By Hooked on Honda on

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Began my love relationship with Fit in May '09. Many years with VWs, but Fit feels more spacious. Easy driving. Small enough to fit anywhere. Designed sharp enough to be noticed. Never want to be without a GPS again; so much fun to enjoy the scenery rather than having to remember landmarks. Loads of space and places to put drinks, eyeglasses, etc. Wide windshield and extra side windows feels like being in a tour bus. Great visibility. Road ride is fine; no worse than any other cars. GREAT gas mileage! The flexibility of the seats is a HUGE plus. Sadly I was totaled last week. Entire front end gone, but not me or my cat. Air bag worked. Nothing penetrated the cabin! Looking for a new Fit.

Gas mileage between 35-41! GPS is fabulous: easy to use, finds great restaurants, will never be lost again. Love seat flexibility: lifting seats for extra hauling space is so easy; yet laying them flat is great to take animals and gear. Steering wheel controls keep eyes on road if using radio etc.

Headlights are frightful with so many towns turning lights off. They are too short and too low to the ground. Also cannot see when making a turn. Only high beams pick up sign reflectors, etc. Need light around key ignition. Car interior could be spiffed up a bit. Headlights are number 1 concern!