Honda Fit
By Eric Hoover on
2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
I have owned my Fit for approximately 6 months and the auto has proved to be very reliable. Overall the Fit is well constructed, but a little bit on the cheap side for features. One example is the front wiper blades - I cannot remember a recent car or truck that did not have true intermittent wiper blades! The Fit rides sporty, but a "little" on the bouncy side. The noise level inside the cabin can become fairly loud at times, such as during acceleration. The front seats are also on the uncomfortable side - the seats could be better designed and have at least an adequate armrest for the driver and passenger. The gas economy computer is also a joke - even GM can do this right.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage, build quality, "Magic" rear seats, and the ability to configure the interior.
Suggested Improvements
Additional insulation, upgraded stereo speakers, redesigned front seats and improved automatic shift logic. Reprogram the fuel mileage computer. A REAL ARMREST.
By ericooh3
on 06/11/11 06:55 AM (PDT)

At Two Years - I am continually impressed with the overall quality of the Honda Fit. The vehicle still performs well to include acceleration, braking, and maneuvering. When I compare this vehicle?s quality to my much more expensive Chrysler Town and Country --- there is a tremendous gap with the Fit?s quality several tiers above the Chrysler T&C. Although the quality is very good, I still have a few complaints: 1) Carpet (If that is what it should be called!) has already begin to wear out in places. This is totally unacceptable for a vehicle from a major manufacturer; 2) Vehicle Jack - Total joke and unsafe - very poor engineering: 3) Lack of an armrest/center counsel - unacceptable in a fairly ?pricey? small car. In closing, I would not hesitate to recommend the the Fit to anyone, but a Honda product should not have such cheap interior materials such as the carpet. Great car.