2009 Honda Fit Consumer Review: Fun car, with annoyances

2009 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Fun car, with annoyances
By Alexa on

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was spoiled by my Toyota Echo - 40+ mpg. The Fit can't touch it. Its mpg readout claims 34 mpg, but it lies. Very inaccurate, and since Honda does such a good job on everything else, I can't help thinking it is intentional. I get 29 mpg. Other annoyances - no cubbyholes for sunglasses, car reg & ins, phone charger, etc. BLACK upholstery (hate it, but only option for 09 Sport) collects tons of hair from my blond, long-haired dog. On the other hand, I feel safe, with crush-zone front and lots of airbags. Fit is peppy, has great easy-to-read, well-lit gauges, good sound system, cruise control. It hauls lots of stuff easily.

Peppy performance. Can pass easily. Hatchback & hauling ability. Safety features. Easy-to-read gauges. Cruise control. WOULD like the mpg readout feature if it were accurate.

Make mpg readout accurate so we buyers don't think Honda is lying to us. Put some cubbyholes in reach of the driver. Different upholstery color options. Let Sport model buyers opt for the gray that the plain Fit has.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review