I bought my 09 Fit Sport MT new and have put +110k miles on with no repairs beyond preventative maintenance. The car has delivered on all the reasons that I purchased it for: very low cost of ownership, fun to drive, TONS of cargo space (with rear seats flat), and great mileage (38-40mpg). The car has handled west MI winters well, even before I purchased snow tires.
Build quality has been good, although some plastic interior panels are beginning to get loose. I recommend switching from the stock tires as soon as they wear out.
Overall, no complaints. The car has been a champ, and I expect it will continue to well past 200k.
- +100k miles with no repairs
- Fun to drive, great MT, good engine sound
- Very versatile cargo space
- iPod compatibility is great
- better ergonomics. The car is made for people with short legs and long arms. I'm 6'3", so I either have my knees against the wheel (seat forward) or get tight shoulders from reaching for the wheel (seat back).
- road noise is high, but not unusually high for an economy car. I've found putting a blanket under the rear floor helps.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.