Does everything I ask with no problems
By ahull1 on
2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my 09 Fit Sport MT new and have put +110k miles on with no repairs beyond preventative maintenance. The car has delivered on all the reasons that I purchased it for: very low cost of ownership, fun to drive, TONS of cargo space (with rear seats flat), and great mileage (38-40mpg). The car has handled west MI winters well, even before I purchased snow tires. Build quality has been good, although some plastic interior panels are beginning to get loose. I recommend switching from the stock tires as soon as they wear out. Overall, no complaints. The car has been a champ, and I expect it will continue to well past 200k.
Favorite Features
- 38-40mpg - +100k miles with no repairs - Fun to drive, great MT, good engine sound - Very versatile cargo space - iPod compatibility is great
Suggested Improvements
- better ergonomics. The car is made for people with short legs and long arms. I'm 6'3", so I either have my knees against the wheel (seat forward) or get tight shoulders from reaching for the wheel (seat back). - road noise is high, but not unusually high for an economy car. I've found putting a blanket under the rear floor helps.