A good city car
By Douglas Lower on
2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I drove my car to work every day, and drove it on two long trips. My mpg avg for city with the air on was 34 mpg, 38 mpg with the air off. The mpg readout on the dash display was inaccurate it would show 42 mpg. Mpg was worse on the frwy, do to the high rpm of the engine in 5th gear. My other car an 09 Ford Focus w/auto did better on the frwy 42-45 mpg. I enjoyed the design of the interior, but felt cheap materials let it down. I did not feel safe on the hwy, to jittery and crosswinds threw it. The shifter clicked loudly into 2nd and 4th. The roof panel would sink down when I washed the car, metal to thin. Have a 2nd car for hwy use, use this for city. Headlight illumination not efficient. No satelite radio.
Favorite Features
Gas mpg in city,Cargo options.My Focus did not have the cargo flexibility of my Fit,but had a better ride and hwy mpg,and nicer interior materials.I looked at the good qualities of both my vehicles and combined them. I traded them both in on a loaded 2010 Kia Soul Sport in Aug 09.
Suggested Improvements
Use a better quality fabric on doors and seats, and a more upbeat color and pattern. Upgrade carpet and foot pad. Standard armrests, satelite radio. Factory moonroof option. Use a thicker gauge metal on roof. Use a wider tire/wheel combination. Make mpg gauge readout accurate.