2009 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
I love my 2009 fit
By marebear2009 on 08/23/09 11:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I must say, after having my car almost a week that I love my Honda fit. We got it, because the car I had before was a 97 civic. We had a huge accident, which led us to finding a new car for me. I am an 18 year old daughter who is about to graduate out of high school as a senior and we were looking at the new and improved 09 fit. I love the way it handles as far as steering and controlling the car. Its color just screams at people. So I'm sure they will see me this time. It's very peppy as far as the engine. Don't let that little 1.5 liter engine fool you. Not only that, but I am surrounded by airbags. So I feel extremely safe. I am so glad we found this car!

Great car and fun to drive
By MikeL on 08/20/09 14:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

A real fun to drive car. Very surefooted and corners flat, no body roll. The seats are comfortable and the controls are conveniently placed.

Fun little car!
By Heather in Colorado on 08/20/09 10:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I live on the western slope of the Rockies and had to drive to Denver to get this car (inventory very limited at local dealership). Therefore, I had to drive back OVER the Rockies to get home - about 250 miles of hilly driving. While the Fit isn't going to win any drag races with its power, it handled Vail pass and hilly driving just fine. The paddle shifters were nice for downshifting on those long uphills and downhills (people who complain about the Fit shifting too often should practice using their lower gears on hills). The steering is great - nice and tight and smooth at highway speeds and very easy for slow-speed maneuvering. It's just a fun little car with lots of great features.

Not a Fit to drive a Fit
By FredS on 08/18/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the car a little over a month and it is outstanding. The only problems (if you want to call them that) is you can only get interior in black shows dirt. Does not have console. Does not come with cargo cover to keep prying eyes out. Other than that-it is great! A real thrill to drive, corners on a dime. Fuel usage is great, average 36.1 combo city and highway.

New 2009 Fit Sport
By rpw on 08/17/09 23:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my new 2009 Fit Sport. So far so good. Fun to drive, great MPG. Some cheap looking stuff inside car.

2009 Base
By cruiserbruiser on 08/16/09 15:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Perhaps the best engineered mass production SC on the planet, however, it has it's not for everyone. I wanted a small, safe, comfortable, fuel efficient, utility vehicle. The Fit fills the bill, but safety is a relative term and no amount of engineering can overcome the physics of mass X velocity. I won't be using the Fit on long trips w/ my grandchildren in the back until the large SUV is off the roads.

Great Car!!
By Art on 08/14/09 07:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I just own the car for about a week and I love the way it drives and handles. What a great idea to offer navigation on a car for less than 20K. The only problem is the suspension is a little stiff and does not ride as smooth as my daughter's 2007 Corolla. No problems so far. For you do-it- yourselfer's the oil filter is in the front, air filter is accessible but Honda does not tell you where the cabin filter is hiding. In the owner's manual is say take it to the dealer. Not me I will find it eventually.

Really happy with purchase
By austen on 08/11/09 20:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my fit for 2 weeks and it is a really awesome car. I'm getting no less than 34 mpg, it's very peppy, it has bold looks, its very functional with vast cargo space. I researched like crazy before I bought it and i wouldn't have picked any other car. It's resale value should i ever sell it is the highest in its class. The only thing I would have done differently is gotten a different color. Black is cool but there's not enough color in the world so maybe I would have gotten blue instead.

Great little ride
By Steve R. on 08/10/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I used this site repeatedly when deciding on which car to buy, so I feel obliged to give my opinion on a car that I contemplated for 2 years. After 3,500mi I haven't been disappointed. I am a 6'3" caterer. The car provides more usable space than my wife's Toyota Sienna. Great stereo. Turns on a dime. My first tank of gas gave me 38 mpg. Since then it has ranged from 32 to 38. I love the navigation and instrument panel. The only complaint I have is that the front end is a bit low and you need to be careful not to scrape the bottom when backing off a steep incline onto level ground. Otherwise it's been the perfect vehicle for urban/suburban driving.

The Fit Is Fab!! Fun!!
By toscabella on 08/10/09 15:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Fit is a wonderful car. The design is fantastic. I purchased with a stick shift/manual and the drive with the stick shift versus the automatic is like night and day! Test driving with stick is what sold me on buying the Fit ultimately, instead if buying the Toytoa Matrix. My only gripes: 1) the pick -up is a little sluggish, 2) the interior has an incredible dashboard and over-all design, HOWEVER there is no "CARPET" just some strange black felty substance and they put FABRIC on the armrest portion of the doors. I also would like the option of a sunroof. Get all your accessories on EBAY and save a fortune! MY red sporty Fit is l'ulitma!!! Really FUN TO DRIVE IT IS TRUE!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Fit in VA is:

$98 per month*