2009 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Got what I expected
By Fit Fan on 09/11/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I did a good amount of research on the Fit before getting it. I knew going into it that the sport suspension was going to be great for driving, but rough on unforgiving roads. The same goes for the motor. I knew that the Fit did not produce a lot of horsepower. For what it is given, it is fun to drive. It is the right amount of power for a single driver who wants to push it on the local interstate. Storage on the Fit is prefect for the size of the car. As long as you know you can't try to fit a mattress into a Fit. Lastly, I suggest spending a little extra and get the Mugen and Sport add ons. It helps make the little guy stick out among the other Fits on the road.

Efficient, Functional, and Even Fun
By an engineer on 09/06/09 22:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

When my 2002 Taurus had reached the end of its useful life, I wanted a car that would be far more reliable with a superior fuel economy. I ended up looking carefully at the Yaris, Accent, Versa, and Fit, eventually choosing the latter. For the price, you will be hard pressed to find a better designed and built car with as much versatility. It is not a luxury vehicle, but comes with a surprising array of features. Yes, the Fit is a couple thousand more than others in its class. In the end, it comes down to the superior quality of the vehicle when compared against others in its class, particularly the Versa. This is a highly functional, well designed, efficient car that is also fun to drive.

Not Too Shabby
By jklengr on 09/04/09 12:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Not too shabby on the gas mileage. I was expecting around 33 to 35 mpg average. So far after 4 fill ups, averaging 38.5. The car is a little noisy, but to be expected from an economy car. Just turn the volume up on the stereo which is pretty good.

Milage better than advertised...
By Paulzfun on 08/31/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Really enjoying this car... have driven 2 BMW 3 Series and MB SLK350, but decided to go smaller for the mileage. This car has TONS of room and is even fun to drive. Not super fast, but certainly adequate, and handles well. I had the back windows tinted and it looks sharp that way.

Great little car
By hybrid fan on 08/26/09 11:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I'm not an aggressive driver so I haven't used the paddle shifters and they're kind of a nuisance because they get in the way when I'm turning the wheel fully around. The front scoop looks cool but is pretty low and a family member has already caught it on a curb and popped it out so now I tend to be extra careful driving over bumps, dips, etc.

Update after 660 miles trip
By Igor on 08/25/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Addition to my previous review after 600+ trip on mostly flat road. Fuel economy got to 41.2mpg (car gauge)/38mpg (actual) with 3 adults and a kid and a full load of cargo with running a/c and a speed between 70 and 80m/h. As somebody else mentioned already, ride is very harsh over any kind of road irregularities. This little thing can hold its own at 80m/h without much stress and very stable on a road.

40 MPG and a Hoot to Drive
By skshrews on 08/24/09 19:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the base, manual model because I'm cheap, and I love to drive manual transmissions. I had good luck with my 2002 Honda Civic, but wanted the versatility of a 5 door. It's a hoot to drive, light steering, clutch. 40 MPG highway Fantastic seat maneuverability makes space behind driver usable in many different ways. Build quality is excellent. Surprisingly quiet for a small car with high revving engine.

Like McDonalds --- "I'm Lovin' It"
By Denny on 08/24/09 15:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought one week ago. Only the 2nd new car I have purchased in 40 years of driving and I have no regrets. Had it on the PA Turnpike this past weekend, getting almost 38 MPG...not bad for having less than 800 total miles on it. City driving looks like it will average about 30 MPG. Both these are better than EPA, but if you check out Truedelta or Fuelly websites, some people are making wild claims that make it sound like it's a super-hybrid...look at site results and figure to be in the middle of the charts. Lots of debate over MT vs AT. I bought the AT with the paddle shifters, which are kind of a novelty but fun and efficient to use. It's not a race car, but has plenty of zip and fun to drive.

Update of Previous Review
By Warren H. on 08/24/09 08:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We've taken our son 400 miles each way to college this last week. The MPG was 28.5, ride was Okay at best (I'm 6'1") the seats are not designed for the long haul. However, because we were trying to make time on our trip I was driving an average speed of 80 pushing 90 on occasion. THIS car's suspension is that of one much more expensive. Weaving in an out of traffic the handling was beeee U Teee full... It was almost as though the car wanted to be driven hard. On the downside. YOU CANNOT move a kid into a dorm in this car. No room at all for 4 passengers and cargo. 3 passengers maybe if you fold down the rear seat. The engine is buzzy at 80+ but you ignore it after a while. Still in Love. ;0)

2009 Fit Sport W/Nav
By Stacz on 08/23/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This was a replacement for my 99 Blazer (Cash/Clunkers), after 3 weeks I am happy with my Fit. It is much roomier on the inside then it appears from the outside. The ride is very comfortable. It handles well, even in the rain. I am not getting great mileage, but at 24 MPG it is more than double then that of my Blazer. I got the Sport because the base model was a little too bare bones. The added features remote entry, cruise control, etc are worth it. Warning: Do not lose your keys. I wanted an extra key and found it cost over $100 for just a key w/no remote, something do to w/programming the key. I got one for under $10, but it only opens the doors, it will not start the engine.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Fit Hatchback in VA is:

$98 per month*