2009 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Love the Fit
By doglvr on 10/17/09 19:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

VERY happy with car. Stereo is great, much better than I expected. Comfy supportive seat, nice instrumentation (blue is easier on eyes than red that many cars have now IMO), good smaller car for dogs. Smaller car than I'm used to, pep is ok but I'm more cautious driving in a smaller car. I expect a 10 for reliability but obviously haven't had it long enough to gauge, no worries there. Great job Honda! I don't feel bad not having a prius now. : )

My Honda Fits Fine!
By Hooked on Honda on 10/16/09 21:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Began my love relationship with Fit in May '09. Many years with VWs, but Fit feels more spacious. Easy driving. Small enough to fit anywhere. Designed sharp enough to be noticed. Never want to be without a GPS again; so much fun to enjoy the scenery rather than having to remember landmarks. Loads of space and places to put drinks, eyeglasses, etc. Wide windshield and extra side windows feels like being in a tour bus. Great visibility. Road ride is fine; no worse than any other cars. GREAT gas mileage! The flexibility of the seats is a HUGE plus. Sadly I was totaled last week. Entire front end gone, but not me or my cat. Air bag worked. Nothing penetrated the cabin! Looking for a new Fit.

I LOVE This Car!!!
By raisin on 10/15/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car. I just bought a red one two weeks ago and it's soo fun to drive it. It's classy. Thank god I didn't buy the yaris or the versa.

I Love My FIT!
By BigMac on 10/10/09 21:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 5,000 miles on the odometer. It has been a real joy from day one! We get 35 mpg around town with the a/c & auto trans. My sister in law owns the identical car & we fell in love with hers. We are both a young 69 years of age. I gave $15,900 plus sales tax. 1st time Honda owner.

Made for Commuting
By Russell on 10/05/09 06:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I was returning from overseas and needed a second car for commuting to work. After buying the car I received a 10- month assignment at a location 575 miles from my house, and I do that drive 1-2 times per month. If I knew I’d be driving that far so regularly, I would’ve purchased a car more composed at highway speeds. Highway performance is weak. At 80 mph, the engine turns nearly 4000 rpm, which is annoying and doesn’t give much cushion for passing. Short wheelbase equals bouncy ride. Braking is fair and should be improved. Rear drums and lack of VSC have caused instability during high-speed heavy braking.

Surprisingly agile little car
By fitfan on 10/03/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Owned it for 2 mo. & used mostly for in-town driving, with a few 2+ hr trips, and is surprisingly agile and very easy to drive (although as noted elsewhere, not swift). Average mpg (actual, not from gauge, which measures through powertrain) is between 33-36. It's made several trips to Ikea, and can carry home 2 adults and a full size sofabed with no problems. Four tall adults fit very comfortably. Yes, interior is a little cheap looking, but look at the price you've paid -- it's great value for the money. I've rarely used the paddle shifters, but they'll come in handy when the snow starts falling. Wheel size limits me to alloy rims in aftermarket (I prefer steel rims on my snow tires).

Quirks!
By William Marchetti on 09/28/09 04:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I really cannot believe that no one here addressed the Dash Reflection Problem on the Windsheild! I have an Image of the creases of the dash almost permanently glaring at me which I find annoying. When the sun shines the reflection of the dash is worse. It's right there straight ahead while driving. A big distraction. Also the illumination of the headlights are weird. They do not go that far out! Mainly downward to a black line. They also do not shine to the side very well, I have trouble making a turn because the lighting is not there. I think the strange headlight design is the reason.

My mini-SUV
By Goldbug on 09/25/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Very fun to drive and zip around with. I purchased this after missing the space of an SUV but wanted the great mileage as well. Less than a month and I'm getting 38.8 mpg mostly on highway driving going mostly 65 mph. Love the interior space especially the magic seats. Very versatile in that aspect. Acceleration is not as bad as I thought it would be and the fog lights, interior lighting, dash lights and speakers are a plus. The second glove compartment and ipod/aux jacks are cool too. There's really not a whole lot to complain about for the money.

Wow, this is a great car
By Edwin on 09/21/09 15:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had this Fit for a month or so and so far it is a great car. I bought it during the "Cash for Clunkers program" and I can notice the gas mileage improvement. So far my average since I bought it is 37.5 MPG. I love the way the back seats fold down. They fold down flat. The sound system is the best I've ever had. Enough said. So far I love it.

Love it, love it, love it
By LouieLou on 09/18/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Short sweet and to the point, the car is fun fun fun to drive. Handles like a go cart and is roomy enough for the family. The one thing to worry about is the popularity of the Fit Sport Rims. Had the car not even a month when it was attacked. :-( All 4 rims and tires gone. Left on MILK CRATES. Over $4,000 in damages later, car is new again and now have 4 wheel locks on each tire. :-) Love this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Fit Hatchback in VA is:

$98 per month*