2009 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Built like a fine Swiss watch
By Lacy on 12/02/09 14:54 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had "Hissy" for 10 months. Best car I've ever had in 40 years. She's built like a fine Swiss watch. Wanted to buy American, but since I had major problems with Saturn when they came out (sorry Saturn), I promised myself to buy the best car regardless of country. All of the reviewers were correct in their evaluations of the Fit- - a truly superb 5 door sub-compact hatchback. Try as I may, nothing but superlatives can describe our "Hissy." Averaging 40-42 MPG in mostly small town driving (after discounting the onboard 44-47 MPG sensor by 10%). Comfortable, responsive, great stereo, still original engine oil at 4500 miles, just a great little car. Thanks, "Hissy," love ya.

One of My Most Favorite Things
By kookiecat on 11/28/09 00:24 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Before I bought the Fit, I was contemplating getting a Nissan Versa. But things changed when my sister and her husband bought a 2007 Honda Fit Sport--I was so impressed that I decided on getting the 09 model. I am so glad I did! It has a lot of power and is so fun to drive! The stereo, IPOD input are my favorite features since I have to have music whenever I drive. The things I dont like about it are few namely: rough/ grainy paint finish (needs more sanding/ coats of paint maybe), no car mats, no height adjustment for driver's seat, no window tint. Otherwise, I highly recommend this car for those looking for fuel efficiency, functionality and cuteness in their car!

Fits great anywhere
By ragingbull on 11/24/09 11:52 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

My previous car was a 2000 Saturn and that car gave me decent mileage about 30mpg the fit is getting me 37 combined city and highway. The Saturn got me used to small car driving and Honda just makes me want to drive small cars. I dont drive far to work but the nearest mall is an hour away and thats when all features kick in. Love the ipod interface. Love the Navigation. Love the controls at the wheel. Im 6 '1 and I feel that have more than enough space in the front seats. If your looking for the bang for your buck look no futher. If you mind spending an extra 10k look at the Toyota Camary.

Great MPG and Spirit!
By Kurt1217 on 11/18/09 15:58 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am a high-spirited driver and drive 110 miles one-way to work, so needed a fuel efficient car that had zip. 10,000+ miles already since June 2008. Depending on my driving habits, I average 40+ highway/35 mixed (highest was 52 MPG for one trip at 60 MPH!). This car has great acceleration when you punch it for entering traffic and passing, but don't expect a rocket car. Maneuverability is excellent, although real tight cornering causes the back end to sway. The seats are not very comfortable for long distances, but I generally like the interior styling. Visibility is excellent, with nice large side mirrors. Nice rear seat flexibility for transporting my big dog and cargo. Great car overall!

09 Fit was the beth FIT for my family
By Wendy on 11/11/09 11:22 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Previously, I have only driven Dodge products (large farming family with many gas sucking trucks). When my car was on its last leg I looked at several small hatchback cars and compact SUV/crossovers. Ultimately, the FIT won out even though the price was higher. I have been getting between 38 and 42 mpg on both highway and interstate driving. I can easily fit 2 Great Danes in the rear area (my baby has Wobblers so it is hard for him to climb). I will agree it is noisy on rough surfaces and during acceleration and the air conditioner isn't the strongest ever, but everything else is excellent. I actually love the cup holders (keeps my drinks colder in front of air vent).

Fantastic MPG
By jokereddie on 10/23/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Got the 5 speed stick shift Sport model. MPG is displayed at the push of a button. We haven't re-set it since we left the showroom in May. Now with 7000 miles on it we have averaged 44.2MPG!! Fun to drive, rides a little rough, but great little car. Many compliments on the color - we got the Blackberry Pearl.

My cute lil car
By amanda on 10/22/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Since I have gotten the car, it has never dipped below getting 35 mpg! I love that there is a display that tells you how many mpg you are getting. It makes me happy. It's as good as you get without paying for the hybrid.

Fuel Miser with terrific packaging
By Aay Kay on 10/22/09 15:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had an 08 Honda Fit Base MT, that I traded in for my 09 Subaru Tribeca but then sorely regretted having let the Fit go, and purchased an 09 Fit Sport MT as an addition to the Tribeca. The 09 Fit feels much more substantial than the 08 Base Fit and clearly feels stiffer and more sporty. The mileage with both my 08 Fit and the 09 Fit have been significantly better than the EPA estimates - 35-36mpg in mixed driving conditions, which I am very happy with. As a repeat Fit buyer, I don't think I would be letting this little gem go, anytime soon!

So so
By Hondafan on 10/21/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the FIT for fuel economy and thought about long trips. Gas mileage is great, around town driving is wonderful,and turning is amazing to get into some of those parking spaces. Love the Aux input for the iPod/MP3. Freeway driving is loud and acceleration for on ramps is a lesson in patience and a little terrifying. Feel like I should get out and push. Wish we had held out for the manual but they were selling fast. And, what were they thinking about with some of the cupholders? The most convenient ones are in front of the vents. And, that space behind the cupholders on the gear shift stand.

Get the extras
By happy owner on 10/19/09 13:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Compared to and test drove Mini Cooper, Mini Clubman, Scion D etc. to replace a 1986 Toyota 4 wheel drive x'tra cab pick-up used for personal and small real estate business. With back seats down it works well to transport my mutts and for business. Did not like "paddle shifting"; standard is very responsive. Had dealer install moon-roof similar to those on accords and it is fabulous. Get all the rubber floor trays. Navigation system very useful and stability control makes my wife feel safe. Also got Plexiglas strips on doors for shade and rain protection as well as fancy door strips and a black rear bumper protector strip--all the bells and whistles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Fit Hatchback in NJ is:

$169 per month*