2009 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Lovin it
By Carissa on 10/01/08 16:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

So this is my very first Honda (owned Fords before this and will NEVER go back!) I love this vehicle. I am getting great gas mileage (about 38-40 mpg) with about 90% highway driving. Driving home from work I am relaxed and comfortable and the sound system is wonderful. Am able to plug in a USB (jump drive) and play music straight from it and switch between sources with the touch of a button. Also the space is great! The seats are easily adjusted and everything is just perfect! No blind spots at all. There is also an armrest which is a plus. This is also my first manual transmission and its easy as could be. I would recommend this car to anyone! Also love the panoramic view! AC is great too!

Incredible Car
By HarrisonGreeleyIII on 09/26/08 07:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love the Fit. The mileage is amazing. I'm getting 32 mpg in the city and 40+ on the highways. This blows the EPA estimates out of the water (28/33). The gauges at night are beautiful. The MPG gauge really helps maximize fuel economy by showing current and average MPG at the same time. The paddle shifters are very cool and help maximize economy too. You can lock into 5th gear when cruising so the transmission never down shifts when going up hills. I just love this. This car's MPGs are right in line with my Yaris liftback that has nowhere near the room or features. The USB flash drive player is so very nice! Do yourself a favor and drive the '09 Fit Sport. You will LOVE IT!

My favorite car
By Loresa on 09/25/08 21:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my Fit yesterday and the whole family just love it! It is spacious and comfortable. I feel like I'm driving a sports car. It has a great sounding stereo and the air conditioner will just about freeze you out. I've had three new vehicles, but this one is my favorite by far.

Near perfect for the price.
By Sam on 09/25/08 21:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This my first Honda purchase. The Fit is the absolute most fun you can have with 115 HP! No matter what speed you are going, there is always more "get up and go" when you need it. A high quality small car! Without the high price. If you are in the market for a fuel saver but also desire peppy performance with great utility this car is the only way to go. Bravo Honda!

What's not to like?
By Carol on 09/24/08 10:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving my new Fit for over one week and am thrilled with it! I also own a Civic and an Accord and I love my little Fit. It may appear "little" on the outside but the inside is huge. It handles and rides to perfection. It's a high quality vehicle and the gas economy meets and exceeds all expectations. I love the arm rest on the driver side and flexible cargo space in the back. It's got plenty of pick-up and the dashboard gauges and controls are very conveniently located. The 6 speaker Radio has great sound. Honda had a winner with the 2008 model and now they made it even better. What's not to like?

Great Car
By befit on 09/23/08 21:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Have driven 500 miles in my '09 FIT (5A). Love the sport mode and shift paddles, but am settling into the Auto mode for higher MPG. Get 42 MPG on pure highway. 26-3 2MPG in mixed rather hilly driving. Seats and ride are nice & firm. Reasonably quiet on highway. Stereo and the Ipod connection are great. Luggage space and the 'magic' folding rear seats are truly amazing for this size car. Overall, I love the car - can't wait to start it up in the morning.

Honda for life
By fitinvancouver on 09/22/08 15:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

First car was a Honda way back in 1980 and now so is the new one. Traded in my 2002 Civic Coupe. Coupe felt like a car that got me places, Fit is fun. Only have less than 100 km on it, but can see I am going to enjoy this car.

Most Excellent
By Aubrey on 09/21/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a Honda fan and had been looking at the Civic . I had seen the Fit from a distance and thought it was too small. When you really look at it seriously, you will become a believer in the Fit. It has plenty of power. You can drive in the high RPM with paddle shifter, but you will suffer on the MPG. It has all the power features. There are many seat configurations and are easy to adjust. I just got my first real mileage numbers in 75 highway/25city driving: 39 MPG and I wasn't trying to conserve fuel. Everyone in my family is enjoying driving the Fit.

Good Decision
By Jeff on 09/21/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

My 09 Fit arrived over a week early. I've been driving it now for just over a week and I really like it. If you're looking for a really flexible vehicle that looks great (if you like its look), gets great mileage (better than it EPA rating) has sufficient power and is a very high- quality build, then, you'd better try to grab one. In the Portland area, you have to move fast to get one, though!

A Keeper
By Dave on 09/21/08 06:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Honda just keeps setting the bar on fun to drive, quality, intelligently designed automobiles. During these times of high gas prices, this car is truly the best alternative out there. I have driven the car for 600 miles in almost all city driving and have gotten 30 mpg. I have owned other cars that had the same or better EPA estimates that did not come close to this mileage (usually 25 mpg). With 2009 all models get telescopic a telescopic steering wheel that allows anyone a comfortable driving position. In the sport version you get a lot of nice extras. The ride is excellent in this vehicle. The balance between handling and comfort is perfect. The navi system is also excellent.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Fit Hatchback in VA is:

$98 per month*