Used 2009 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 246 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Fell in love with the Fit
By FES

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my Honda Fit Sport-it was love at first sight. Great car, Honda has at least a 9+, in this one. Interstate driving is a breeze, When I started looking I was gong to check out the Toyota Yaris, but stopped by the Honda dealer first, and that is as far as I got. It rides great, is sporty looking, and has great fuel mileage and it's not even broke in yet.

Style, inside and out. MPG.

Center console or at least a passenger arm rest.

Fuel economy is exceptional
By Helen P.

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Have purchased 09 Fit Sport (auto). Never feel any regrets to have it. With 500 miles on it and the fuel economy is exceptional: 39/44.5/42.5 - Hope (and believe) to get new MPG of 40/48/45 pretty soon. Would recommend this new (2009) Fit to anyone who really like the big saves.

Outstanding handling/performance- Pretty fun to drive- Spaciousness- Looks cute and beauty both in/out- The most important thing: Superior Fuel Economy (Exceeded EPA Rating).

Missing center console and passenger armrest. No Auto A/C. Sun Visors would not really cover/helpful (too short/small).

Update
By Warren

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our base fit in February and at first the mpg were okay (about 30 mpg). As we became familiar with the car and became diligent in watching the mileage bar and adjusting our style of driving we steadily over time increased our mpg. Last fill-up we got 36.5 mpg comb. city/highway. This car is like a hybrid without batteries. It is unbelievable. The only problem I see is that the mpg bar should be used only as a guide. When we got 36.5 the mpg bar said we were getting 40 mpg. On this tankful it is registering 42 mpg on the mpg bar. So we're probably getting 38-39 mpg comb. This car really should get a tax credit like hybrids it is that good. We have put on 2,300 mi.

This car mpg. feature is very helpful in showing people how they can adjust their ways of driving and help your wallet and environment at the same time. This car was rated 1 out of 37 in one of the testing groups and deserves it. I wished the carpeting was a better quality though.

If Honda made a hybrid Fit as I read about in one of the publications I was reviewing I think they would corner the market. I would think a hybrid Fit would get in the 50 mpg range, since we are getting in the upper 30's. I would think it would outdo the Insight and Prius.

Poor Fuel Economy
By Paul Mc

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I researched this car for over a year and waited for 2009 Fit Sport. Purchased it mainly for fuel economy, fun to drive and low cost of ownership. After 3300 miles the car has gotten progressively worse mileage as it's broken in, not better. I can't see how people achieve such high mileage figures. Great little car in every way but greatly disappointed in fuel mileage.

Good interior. Superb visibility. Great steering and handling. Spacious inside for such a small car. Paddle shifters.

No center console. Better mileage. Better air conditioning system.

Fit's just right...
By motogenius46

2009 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had an 89 and a 97 Honda Accord before this so I'm a bit of a die-hard Honda automobile fan. I've been eying the Fit even before the new model change and I am glad I decided to get it. It's no hybrid, but I still enjoy the mpg I get from it - and it's cheaper. It's fun to drive, the Magic Seats are functional/practical, not only is the car bigger than it looks, all the windows make it feel even more spacious. It's got a great engine and the car runs great. Anyone complaining about comfort or performance needs to be reminded that this is not a sports/luxury car... it's a compact car that is great on fuel economy, looks good, fun to drive, and reliable - it's a Honda. Drive it and see...

Blue illuminated gauges are very stylish, the USB plug, Magic Seats, the design, the average MPG gauge (it's addicting to try to beat it), according to the gauge, I'm averaging 42.1 mpg (I'm at 400 miles right now), there are so many different things that are great, you just have to find your own!

Sun visors are not very functional aside from straight down, one less cup holder for a loose change slot instead, panoramic roof would be crazy cool, two trip meters, arm rest for passenger or a bin in between the driver and passenger seat would be great... black headlight housing for a JDM look.