2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews 22

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Fits like a glove
By Jon W on 10/17/08 07:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for a couple days and I already love it. The interior space, high mpg, overall design, and driving experience are great. Although, I don't really need the nav system, I do enjoy it and love the voice activation feature. It's just a great all around car that looks pretty cool in black. And for a little car with 117 hp/107 ft.lbs. torque it's a fun little car to drive and the 5 spd manual is spot on. This car deserves some awards from the automotive press for sure "Of the Year" or "10 best" you know who you guys are! Way to go Honda!

Awesome Downgrade
By MOATES on 10/15/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have been in an Acura TL-Type S for 3 years and debated downsizing to something less expensive and fuel efficient. I saw the 08 Fit and was waiting for honda to make improvements like VSA and Nav. I decided to order the 09 Fit Sport and have NEVER regretted this decision! I have researched hybrids & know that the environmental impact of the battery system is massive--so will wait for some new tech. BUT I was shocked when taking a road trip in the Fit and saw that I was getting 46 mpg going 65 mph on hilly, curvy highways!

What a Car!
By Ken on 10/13/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is our first Honda. We also have a 2007 Nissan Altima which we love, but wanted a true economy car for short hops as well as commuting. We fell in love with the 2008 Fit we drove but decided to wait for the 2009 since we were intrigued with the new body style and what sounded like some new features. We're thrilled with the car after the first week. The quality and comfort are first rate. The mileage is running at 42 mpg for the first few hundred miles. It's smooth, quiet, and just fun to drive!

Perfect for my lifestyle
By MNM17 on 10/13/08 07:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have a very long commute driving an hour and 1/2 each way from work to home so comfort and MPG were very important. I was looking to get the 2008, but when I went on the Honda website I was sold on the 2009. I ordered my 2009 White Sport Fit with the additional center storage armrest. I have been driving my fit for a month now and couldn't be happier!! With 1,000 miles on it already it drives so smooth the turn radius is awesome. The interior/exterior are well made and love the "dive down" back seats that fold completely flat (comfort for our dog)My 6'2" husband fits well with room to spare! I'm getting 38 MPG hwy/city. Great get up and go for northern Virginians crazy no mercy driving. =)

Great little car
By James on 10/10/08 12:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just got my new Fit after an accident took my old beloved Corolla. The car is attractive and adaptable. I got 35 MPG on the first break-in tank and it was hauling 5 people for most of that mileage. Really enjoy the sound system. It's a nicely put together car with all the key safety features standard.

Great small family car
By redruM on 10/09/08 23:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I drive two small children, their car seats and a double stroller around San Diego on a daily basis, and I am glad I chose this car. The cargo space behind the rear seats is cavernous for a car this size. The legroom in the backseat is awesome, but I haven't been seeing the stellar gas mileage everyone else is getting. With 60/40 driving its average is 30 mpg with 200 miles on it so far. I'm sure that will improve. I'm not too impressed with the a/c. It was barely cranking out any cold air and the past few days were over 100. This car could also use darker tint on the rear windows. And I'm having a few issues with the power door locks. The red with chrome wheels turns a lot of heads.

Fit
By Pixie on 10/07/08 21:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

So I have not had the car for very long. I just got one. It was a tough decision between the Fit sport and the Scion xD. However I am very happy with my choice. I love the fit. being an art student I have so much stuff I need for classes it fits it all nicely. I highly recommend it. Smooth ride I'm getting about 31 mpg with mixed city and highway. I got the black Berry Pearl.

Bang for Buck!
By monty on 10/04/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I don't get where some reviewers feel this car can get pricey. This car has excellent quality, is fun to drive, and is super practical, without ever feeling like an entry level car (unlike a Yaris or Versa). I traded in a 2006 MINI for my Fit Sport, accepting a loss in the "fun to drive factor" Was I wrong! The car is a hoot to drive. It's composed, sporty, but doesn't tire you out. No, it's not a MINI, but its more practical, cheaper, and surprisingly, gets a lot of looks by people on the street. Given the poor service history I received with my MINI compared to the reputation of Honda service, I look forward to a long relationship with this "Big" little car!

Great mini-car!
By LSLHF4L on 10/04/08 14:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the Fit 1 month ago today. Have since traveled 1500 fun loving miles. It has taken awhile to get used to some quirks (rear suspension, higher center of gravity), but am glad went with decision to buy. It's hard to believe the Fit is Honda's new "entry level" - there are many items standard which were upgrades, or not available, on prior car (2000 Civic LX). Looking forward to many years of ownership.

only 500 miles so far
By wolfbuddy on 10/03/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned multiple Hondas. Never met one I didn't like. Easier to get in and out than my (wife's) 2006 civic coupe.