Used 2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 246 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Second Fit
By judi

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2007 fit and I loved the fast pickup, but the ride was not that great and the car started to shake at about 65 or 70 mph. I bought the 2009 and the ride is much better, but unfortunately, there is no pickup and a lack of passing power. I always was a Honda girl, but now looking to change. Spent all that extra money for navigation with no traffic.

Steady ride and good gas mileage.

No pickup or passing power. Navigation expensive with no traffic. Another overpriced Honda vehicle.

Wow! Thank You Honda
By RRL

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Honda had the guts to build an almost radical design, and make it fun to drive. Bravo! It is almost as exciting to drive as my old 87 CRX SI. Quite an accomplishment. Gear ratios make good use of engine power. Hauling space is impressive. AC is plenty cool. Seats are more comfortable after broken in for a couple of months. We've had our Fit for six months, our actual mileage is 30-32 city and 36-38 highway (not what the dash shows) ours didn't get more mpg after break in, but it always exceeds EPA ratings. Overall this is a very impressive car for the price with typical great attention to detail by Honda.

Firm suspension, quick steering, slick shifter, overall design, dash lighting & knobs, big outside mirrors, wheels, fold up & down rear seats, and mileage.

Stronger door armrests - they crush if you put any weight on them, carpets seem too cheap, needs wilder taillights to go with great headlight design and different upholstery material as hair sticks to it like glue, front brake rotors seem to rust too easily.

Outstanding Value
By FitSport

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned many cars in my lifetime and this is the first time I'm compelled to write a review. First, I bought a used 2009 with 7200 miles on it saving almost $4k. I chose the Sport model because it has cruise control and paddle shifting-really fun. My last 500mile trip averaged 48.5 mpg @70 mph and that's with 3 adults and weekend luggage. Around town I'm getting between 40-43 mpg. Wish a sunroof is available but I can get by w/o it. Highway driving is very stable. The fit and finish is a definite 10. The 2009 model is far better than previous model years. I love this car - won't win any races but at 40+ mpg you can't go wrong.

No blind spots. 160-Watt am/fm/cd 6 spkrs MP3/Windows Media Playback capability, paddle shifters.

Larger wider low profile tires 205/45R 16 would be better and throw in the cargo area cover with the car. Sunroof option in the Sport model.

Love my Fit!!!
By locarbgal

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had my Fit for one week and I love it so far! I drive 21 miles one way to work and also do some marketing which requires extra driving so I needed to get rid of the old Taurus and get something with good gas mileage. The Fit so far with only 350 miles has gotten an average of 34.4 mpg which I am thrilled about! I am going on vacation next week and can't wait to see what kind of mileage I get!

Love the sporty steering wheel, love the i-pod usb port in the hidden upper glove box, love the panoramic view out all the windows, love the roomy interior! Love the sporty exterior!

Need a small center console! Or give the front passenger an arm rest! Visors are small! No other complaints!

An Excellent Kid Hauler
By Jpsandiego

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am coming up on one full year of driving, and I have changed my mind on this vehicle several times. Its lack of power, height and weak a/c (for me) are my only complaints. On the flip side I get great highway miles (44mpg coming back from LA) 32-35mpg combined, smooth conservative performance (tight and quick when I need it to be), tons of space inside, more than enough room for two car seats a double stroller and a trip to COSTCO, I love the way the steering wheel feels (even more than our 135i conv.), paddle shifters are fun, and the 10 cup holders are 100% used and appreciated.

Steering Wheel, ride, visibility, utility, mpgs, interior size, small exterior size, seats, chromed factory wheels, only one service visit in a year!

Better a/c unit, more power (maybe a 175hp Fit turbo Si?), overall height a bit short (bending over to put kids in is a back killer).