2009 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
lean mean micromachine
By mr. sandman on 11/07/08 12:13 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, comfortable and roomy on long trips. 38 mpg at 70 mph.

Best Honda Ever
By MissFit on 11/03/08 17:31 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my new Fit Sport 4 days ago and already have 500 miles on it! It is a blast to drive. I drove from LA to Palm Springs and all around town and my mileage was... 44 mpg! I was shocked it was so good. I have owned 2 Honda Accords and 1 Honda Civic and this Fit is far better in quality than any of them. If you are considering a small car with good gas mileage this is the one!

It's a hit
By mort on 11/01/08 04:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great value. Traded in my BMW because I was tired of the repair bills. While the Fit does not have the "substantial" feel of the Bimmer, in some ways, I like it better. Handles very well in everyday driving, shifts beautifully, and has amazing room for a car its size. Quieter than I thought it would be. Getting around 38 mpg in mixed driving (about 4 mpg less than what computer says). My wife is pleasantly surprised with this car. I would highly recommend it.

09 Honda Fit
By Jeff on 10/30/08 10:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Great little car, fun to drive and great gas mileage. Just hit 900 miles average 38 mpg. Honda has another winner. Miss some of the toys in our other Hondas.

I LOVE it!
By FitLvr on 10/27/08 20:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have been looking at the Fit's since 2007 and this year I finally decided to commit. Initially I was going to get an '08 but they couldn't find the "tidewater blue metallic" I wanted so they offered to order me an '09. I was unsure of the body style if I would like the subtle changes but when seeing it in person, I was in love. I love how it drives, love how it handles, love all the space. It is a great car, the best car I've had so far and do not have any regrets. The biggest plus is the outstanding gas mileage when driving all highway, I average almost 39/40 miles.

Junk!
By Steve domanski on 10/24/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had it in the shop six time already for problems with transmission, squeaks, and rattles. Nav wont work when it rains. Water leaks. Terrible build quality.

A lot of space in a little car
By L. N. on 10/23/08 20:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

After owning a used '95 Nissan Altima for many years (and it now costing more to fix than it is worth each year), I decided to purchase a new car. I am very glad I waited for the 2009 Fit. It sounds much better than the 2008 when driving. It is very comfortable to sit in, the stereo sounds great, and the display lights are easy on the eyes. It provides a lot of storage space for a small car. I have to cart my recycle garbage can to a central dump site and occasionally buy large things to cart home (e.g., today, four 4'x 3.75' sheets of plywood). I love that the seats fold up or down to provide the extra space. I purchased the sport only because the base did not have cruise control.

07 to 09 Fit
By judi on 10/21/08 03:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I had an '07 Fit and was very happy, but there were some design flaws - front window and seating. I recently purchased 09 sport with navi and am IN LOVE. The difference is like comparing a real car to a toy, not that the 07 was bad, it's just the way of all cars, 2nd gen is better than the first. Also, the car talks - how cool is that?

Couldn't be Happier
By thrilled on 10/18/08 05:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Thank God I read all of the owner reviews. I would not have looked at this car, because I'm not crazy about the front end (looks like a snarling cat). But all of the good reviews were right on target. It is VERY comfortable (leg room, head room, cargo space), and drives like a dream. I am missing the remote key entry and cruise control, but if I had chosen the Sport model they were included. My only complaint is that the base model really could use some front arm rests. And yes, I am getting 42 miles per gallon!

One Incredible Value
By psuambassador on 10/17/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is one incredible value! In fact, I declared it the best value on the market after I shopped around for months. I wanted a practical car in which I could fit my big dog and bikes upright, a fuel efficient car, something sporty, and a car that had aesthetic appeal all at a reasonable price. My short list included only the Fit when I was done. I thought about the Prius, but this car offers an entirely different level of value. It is surprisingly roomy when you get in and has decent pick up for the engine size. I also like the ipod capability and shifters. On the way home from the dealership, I averaged 39 mpg, including mountains with the a/c on and I passed a Lexus up the hill.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Fit Hatchback in VA is:

$98 per month*