Used 2009 Honda Fit Sport Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Does everything I ask with no problems
By ahull1

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 09 Fit Sport MT new and have put +110k miles on with no repairs beyond preventative maintenance. The car has delivered on all the reasons that I purchased it for: very low cost of ownership, fun to drive, TONS of cargo space (with rear seats flat), and great mileage (38-40mpg). The car has handled west MI winters well, even before I purchased snow tires. Build quality has been good, although some plastic interior panels are beginning to get loose. I recommend switching from the stock tires as soon as they wear out. Overall, no complaints. The car has been a champ, and I expect it will continue to well past 200k.

- 38-40mpg - +100k miles with no repairs - Fun to drive, great MT, good engine sound - Very versatile cargo space - iPod compatibility is great

- better ergonomics. The car is made for people with short legs and long arms. I'm 6'3", so I either have my knees against the wheel (seat forward) or get tight shoulders from reaching for the wheel (seat back). - road noise is high, but not unusually high for an economy car. I've found putting a blanket under the rear floor helps.

Gutless Wonder
By diehard080

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have to be honest . Its a car that I give 5 stars to from the standpoint of reliability ,which is the only similarity to my Honda motorcycles . Other than that its so slow it can get out of its own way . I am not being mean I just think that on my numerous trips to Japan thats where this cars belongs . It dosent handle in any inspiring way and have had the front assembly pop out on small curbs that I thought I barley creased? But I hung this pup into a turn that I was following others through and it felt like it was about to roll over . And it looks like a Mini-van lacking steriods . I sold it because I need to redline it thru every gear when going 2 work getting on the fwy. too embarrasi

easy to sell

add a car engine and remove the motorcyle engine.

Great Commuter
By rb

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove a Fiesta and ended up with the Fit. The main factor in favor of the Fit was that it feels like a much bigger car on the inside. The Fiesta hatchback is claustrophobic and is tough to see out the back window. The Fiesta is quieter and has more bells and whistles (Sync). But the Fit has a much more flexible interior. I drive 50/50 highway/city and so far am averaging about 36 mpg. Mostly use to commute but can also fit my (2) kids and all their soccer gear. With one rear seat folded down I fit 4, 6ft soccer goals inside. Manual Shifter is great, and IPod/USB integration is nice. Also I was able to buy it used at a great price while the Fiesta is still new.

High mileage. Great site lines and flexible interior. Ipod/USB integration. Great shifter.

Better sound deadening. Bluetooth, Stability control at all levels. Better storage between front seats. Like many have said, upholstery does pick up a lot of hair/dirt.

Fun & Efficient
By zach

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace an aging Chevy Tracker, knowing I was going to put a lot of miles on the next year. The Fit has more cargo room than the SUV had, and the thing is so incredibly fun to drive on curved roads. Thing is, I don't think I've gotten less than 35 mpg yet, with 31,000 miles on it! I have gotten 40-42 mpg (calculated, not based off the computer) on many occasions. Of course, I try to be smart with the manual so as to save gas, but I'm definitely no hyper-miler. This car is fun to drive, very fuel efficient, and has incredible storage capacity.

Manual transmission, fold-flat seats, handling, storage capacity, USB stereo connection

Remove all the unnecessary safety stuff (motors in the front seats to push the headrests forward in a crash!?) and extra airbags so as to save weight and further improve performance and fuel economy.

I love my Fit!
By PJ

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Dear future Fit owners! You know, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Well, its true! Two friends of mine have bought a Honda Fit in the last 2 years because of how much I have raved about mine! Honda should pay ME a royalty! LOL! All you have to do is open the door, get in the gi-normous cabin, turn it on & drive away- you'll be hooked! If you don't have a traffic-filled commute, get the 5- speed, the power is significantly better than the automatic. My bighearted little purple girl is perfect anywhere, anytime. Fast getting on the freeway, awesome going up mountain roads, great in the snow, and boy, so light that it flies watch out, you'll be doing 85 & not realize it

It's the cutest car on the road. I's a little mini moving van, 57 cf of cargo space, unbelievable what you can get in there! The MPG is outstanding! Handles like a dream. SO roomy even the tallest person has extra headroom & can feel comfortable. enough said, just by one! FOREVER GLAD I DID!

NONE!