Used 2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 246 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

>200K miles
By SK

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It goes and goes. >200000 miles and nary a problem. Front R axle broke at 201K (without warning, a little disturbing), but otherwise looks (from the outside) and drives like new. Original clutch, shifts without problems. Carpet interior is thin and wears quickly but new floor carpet mats made me feel like it was a new car. Not much "tech" but a cellphone with an auxillary jack is better than most car company proprietary tech. Engine could easily go another 100K miles. Can't keep up with Mercedes AMG but drives like a go-cart in traffic. INterior space is incredible and seat folding system is brilliant. Everyone should have to buy this car-no reason to own any other.

It Fits
By tim jinks

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Great mileage, solid and reliable, comfortable for a small car .I can carry almost anything I need,-bike, dogs. Lumber in the back.

Honda Fit Sport 2009
By M Lai

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Best option for purchase in 2009 compared to other models at similar price. Occasional acceleration issues, front bumper is too low, scrapes the driveway curb a lot.

2016 model seems to have addressed acceleration as well as height of front for scraping; also back up camera safety feature

Crazy Reliable! 40 mpg!!!
By ConcreteCowgirl

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with just a few miles on her and have gotten to 165,000 now without a single issue. I have replaced the brakes and tires and that's IT! I love my girl. I have the manual because of the wee engine and she's a champ. I really cannot recommend this car enough. If you want a reliable vehicle then this one is for you. My mechanic says these go forever and I can say shows no sign of slowing down. I'm not crazy about the interior materials, but I knew that when I bought her. There is wear on the floor carpet and that bugs me because I haven't been that hard on her - just loads of miles - so I can say that the interior carpet is cheap, but otherwise she ROCKS. I regularly get between 35-40 miles per gallon combined and almost always 40 mpg on the highway.

Does everything I ask with no problems
By ahull1

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 09 Fit Sport MT new and have put +110k miles on with no repairs beyond preventative maintenance. The car has delivered on all the reasons that I purchased it for: very low cost of ownership, fun to drive, TONS of cargo space (with rear seats flat), and great mileage (38-40mpg). The car has handled west MI winters well, even before I purchased snow tires.
Build quality has been good, although some plastic interior panels are beginning to get loose. I recommend switching from the stock tires as soon as they wear out.
Overall, no complaints. The car has been a champ, and I expect it will continue to well past 200k.

- 38-40mpg - +100k miles with no repairs - Fun to drive, great MT, good engine sound - Very versatile cargo space - iPod compatibility is great

- better ergonomics. The car is made for people with short legs and long arms. I'm 6'3", so I either have my knees against the wheel (seat forward) or get tight shoulders from reaching for the wheel (seat back). - road noise is high, but not unusually high for an economy car. I've found putting a blanket under the rear floor helps.