2009 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Best small car!
By Fitlover on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Previously, I owned a Nissan sentra with which I was very happy for 20 yrs. (yes!). Finally decided it was time for a new car. Researched well. Drove the versa, yaris and fit. Loved the fit. Handled like a sports car and was very comfortable with many safety features not standard on the others. Interior is very thoughtfully designed, with many little 'holders' for various things.

My fit at 18 months
By colofarmgirl on 03/21/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Fit. I don't know why the mileage is listed at 29 mpg. I get 40 mpg, although a lot of my driving is on the highway. I was really surprised at the acceleration, given the mileage. It has great cargo options. The interior is holding up well given that I always have a couple of dogs with me. The only drawback to the Fit is that it gets blown around in high winds. I wish it had cruise control, other than that I am really pleased with my decision to buy the Fit.

Built like a fine Swiss watch
By Lacy on 12/02/09 14:54 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had "Hissy" for 10 months. Best car I've ever had in 40 years. She's built like a fine Swiss watch. Wanted to buy American, but since I had major problems with Saturn when they came out (sorry Saturn), I promised myself to buy the best car regardless of country. All of the reviewers were correct in their evaluations of the Fit- - a truly superb 5 door sub-compact hatchback. Try as I may, nothing but superlatives can describe our "Hissy." Averaging 40-42 MPG in mostly small town driving (after discounting the onboard 44-47 MPG sensor by 10%). Comfortable, responsive, great stereo, still original engine oil at 4500 miles, just a great little car. Thanks, "Hissy," love ya.

My cute lil car
By amanda on 10/22/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Since I have gotten the car, it has never dipped below getting 35 mpg! I love that there is a display that tells you how many mpg you are getting. It makes me happy. It's as good as you get without paying for the hybrid.

Fuel Miser with terrific packaging
By Aay Kay on 10/22/09 15:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had an 08 Honda Fit Base MT, that I traded in for my 09 Subaru Tribeca but then sorely regretted having let the Fit go, and purchased an 09 Fit Sport MT as an addition to the Tribeca. The 09 Fit feels much more substantial than the 08 Base Fit and clearly feels stiffer and more sporty. The mileage with both my 08 Fit and the 09 Fit have been significantly better than the EPA estimates - 35-36mpg in mixed driving conditions, which I am very happy with. As a repeat Fit buyer, I don't think I would be letting this little gem go, anytime soon!

40 MPG and a Hoot to Drive
By skshrews on 08/24/09 19:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the base, manual model because I'm cheap, and I love to drive manual transmissions. I had good luck with my 2002 Honda Civic, but wanted the versatility of a 5 door. It's a hoot to drive, light steering, clutch. 40 MPG highway Fantastic seat maneuverability makes space behind driver usable in many different ways. Build quality is excellent. Surprisingly quiet for a small car with high revving engine.

BIG little car
By Alexander on 08/02/09 18:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a GREAT small car for the money. Have wanted a FIT for quite some time. Last year we needed to replace an aging minivan. Did a lot of research and fell in love with the FIT. However, it was just a tad too small for our needs as we needed the capability of transporting 6-7 in a pinch. Went with the Kia Rondo but dealer just did not want to give us fair value in trade in for the van so we decided to keep it. Well, it all worked out for the best since now we traded it in under the cash for clunkers program toward a new FIT. This car just impressed me from day 1. I love driving it. GREAT mpg, averaging 41.5 right now but I am admittedly babying it to see how much I can get.

to expensive
By Pancho on 07/31/09 09:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My fit is a EX version after 5 months of driving it i feel that I could get a better car for my money, the fit power is poor (and winth a/c on is worse), the engine noise in the cabin is loud, the plastic is to cheap, I donīt like it after 5 months,since I bought it, the dealer change 1 sun visor, 1 plastic cover on the floor, the center air vents because when you put the a/c on 3 or 4 it clouse, and the boring noises are on all over the car those that are form plastic to plastic.

Better than my mazda 3 hatch
By Liam on 06/21/09 20:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my 2007 Mazda 3 hatch M in for the fit. I have to say I like this car much more. In every day driving this car puts a bigger smile on my face. Obviously you can't push it as hard and when passing on the highway the Mazda was far superior. Seriously though, this car just makes you smile every time you get in it. If you can drive a manual car this is so fun to shift and smooth with a little practice. The ride is smooth for a car of this class Engine noise is a bit loud at high revs, and wind noise is a slightly intrusive at highway speeds but never punishing. I forgot how fun it is to drive a small low powered car hard.

By Lacy on 05/24/09 16:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Since initial review almost 4 months ago, "Hissy" continues to perform flawlessly. Not even a rattle. My wife is wheelchair bound and loves the easy front passenger access and egress. The hand grip situated near the top of each door is perfect for proper seating assistance. The hatchback rear allows for perfect wheelchair placement by using a bungee cord attached to standard equipped stowage hooks to prevent rolling with the magic seats UP. You could haul enough $100 bills to bail out both Chrysler and GM with the magic seats down. This FIT is the totally stripped down, least expensive FIT made. The only add-on is mud flaps. $15K for adequately equipped reliability is a bargain!!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Fit in VA is:

$98 per month*