Over 4 years later, still love it and no problems!
By cyanosissaur on
2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
I bought this car new in June 2008 for the price, style, space, and gas mileage. They were hard to get a hold of in my area because of popularity at the time, so I got lucky when mine arrived on a truck that the dealer wasn't expecting. I still love it. Aside from routine maintenance, I've had no problems with the car. That's even after being hit by another driver two separate times, so most of the body has been repaired. I drive from Ohio to Connecticut a lot and don't have a problem on long trips or in the city. Sure, there's road noise, but what do you expect from a compact car for the price? The road noise gets worse as tires wear, so new and well kept tires make a big difference!
Favorite Features
- Love that the rear seats fold down for cargo space. I can fit a papasan chair or disassembled desk inside, and have moved apartments using this car at least 3 times. - Enjoy the blue lights on the interior controls and dash. - My 6'4" husband can drive or ride in it comfortably, even for the 12 hour trip from Ohio to Connecticut. And for 5'2" me, it offers plenty of space. - Gas mileage is still excellent.
Suggested Improvements
- Different intervals on rear wiper (it's either on or off, there's no intermittent setting). - Map lights. - Heated side mirrors. - Beeping for seat belt in front passenger seat never stops when it "detects" enough weight! I know this after it beeped for a 4 hour drive moving when I had stuff piled on the front seat. - On driver's side floor, they put some sort of waterproof there, so the floor mat slides around rather than stays put - Note, I do not have the specific mats that are designed for the car, so it could just be the mat. - My actual buying experience and customer service from the Honda dealer where I purchased the car was AWFUL, but despite that the car was totally worth it