2008 Honda Fit Consumer Review: I like the fit more than my ol

2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

2008 Honda Fit

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

I like the fit more than my old Civic
By ctscream on

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

When my 1999 Civic was stolen and would have cost too much money to repair I was heartbroken. I didn't have much money at the time and couldn't afford to buy a new Civic (and the new ones didn't appeal to me) so I started looking at more affordable cars but really didn't want anything but a Honda. The Fit was a perfect match for me. What made me attracted to it was the hatchback and extra trunk space because I barely ever have passengers. When I had the Civic it was always a pain to fit things in the trunk and fold the seats down with only 2 doors. It felt cramped especially with passengers in the back seat.

Lots of cargo space, easy to fold seats, simple but quirky exterior shape, tight turning radius, fits in small parking spaces, great visibility out of all windows, defrosts and heats up quickly, tire pressure gauge, has a lot of pep, nice interior colors, extra protection with the ignition lock. The best part... nobody wants to steal a Honda Fit!

I wish the carpet materials were more durable and stood up to wear and dirt better. My car is in pretty good shape but the dirt get stuck in the felt floor and is impossible to get out. Also the back of the back seats aren't really durable for a spot where you may put down a lot of cargo... everything gets stuck in the fibers. I wish the front drivers seat had a tilt option. My biggest criticism is for the newer Fits, they totally ruined the body shape in my opinion... too curvy and too much going on visually on the exterior and interior to the point where I might not want to buy a Fit in the future.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review