Great if you only drive in the city
By lucarescigno on
2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my Fit new in 2008. At the time, I loved it. Since then, its various issues have worn down my support for the vehicle. Now I'm considering selling it even though it's still pretty new. The ride quality and road noise are getting to me, and the car lacks certain basic amenities like cruise control (my fault for getting the base model), adjustable intermittent length for the front wipers (that's right, it's every 4 seconds or nothing), and any intermittent setting for the rear wiper (it's either on or off).
Favorite Features
Handling is excellent. Super sharp and responsive. I can feel the road so much better than in most cars. Pedal response is sharp and responsive as well. Parking is extremely easy with such a small car. There's tons of cargo space for a car this size and the seat configurations are useful. Headlights are very good and gauges are easy to read.
Suggested Improvements
The ride quality is bad. You will be bounced around constantly. Road noise is like riding in an airplane beyond 50 mph. The AC works, but it's weak. Gas mileage is not bad, but it's not as good as you'd expect for such a small car. Not worth the trade off in size and comfort. I think one of the biggest problems is that the highest gear just isn't tall enough - the engine revs like mad above 55 mph. The driving position is bad too - the pedals are too close but the steering wheel is too far away. Think of this as more like a Smart car. Fine for the city, AVOID if you use highways.