Good Car Overall
By Jack on
2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)
This is our second car. We purchased it last week. Here are initial thoughts. As a second car intended for local driving, or as a city car, it is a good choice. The car handles well in turns and grips the road. The driver visibility is excellent, and the stylish interior appears to be of good quality (time will tell). We live in Pennsylvania with some steep slopes; the automatic transmission shifts gears going up hills. On occasion, the engine winds. Since it is a brand new car, I'm tentative about putting too much stress on the engine. The gas mileage is very good but not exceptional. One might expect more from such a light weight car.
Favorite Features
The interior allows for maximum use of space. The car also has a lot of head room; it seats four average size adults comfortably. People and things will "fit." Visibility is great, and responsive steering make driving fun. The price is good, and you get the assurance of the Honda brand.
Suggested Improvements
The car is light. Our other car is a Toyota Corolla, which is great. The Corolla is more solid. On long highway trips, we prefer the Corolla. There is no elbow rest between the driver and passenger seats; this takes getting used to (for me). My wife loves the car. I like it.