2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Fit is Fit for me
By Joe Fleming on 08/02/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best fuel economy car that Honda has to offer besides the hybrid. I love everything about this car, i loved the economy and performance so much i traded in my 2007 ridgeline for the fit. I will never get rid of this car it will be passed down to my daughter for her first car and will purchase another Honda. All in all this was the best move Honda had made, well done.

Too Much Fun
By Too Much Fun on 08/02/08 08:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Comments after 5 weeks. GOOD - 32 to 35mpg with the AC running 100 deg Arizona, Paddle shifters on steering wheel lots of fun, Good sound system, Inside space and seat position options awesome, Good AC in hot weather, Good handling with tight steering. NOT SO GOOD - Road noise, rides a little rough, 10.8 gal tank at 300 miles need to head for a gas station. SUMMARY - Due to my long commute I downsized from a Explorer SUV and I'm extremely happy....GT

Big guy in a little car.
By Jason on 08/01/08 07:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After reading many conflicting reviews about space for taller drivers I decided to test drive one to see if I'd 'fit' (sorry). To my surprise I had plenty of room, just as much leg room and lots more head room than my '97 Grand Prix. I'm 6'6" and 280+ w/ size 14 feet. I had no problems whatsoever with the pedals being too close to me or each other (in both the manual and the auto). The steering wheel does not feel too far away to me, in my normal driving position, my arms are still slightly bent, but if I want to feel "racy" I can press my back into the seat and feel like I'm driving a race car with my arms stretched out. It's got plenty of pep for a car of its class.

Fun Car!
By GDavis on 07/29/08 15:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got 42 mpg freeway from Phoenix, az to irvine, ca. City so far is about 27-28 mpg carrying 3 people most of that time. Fun to drive, lots of pep. Costco runs not a problem. So much room that the back seats don't need to be folded down. Picked up relative from the airport with luggage and could have still fit a 4th person in the car. Reasonably comfortable for the price point. This is a great choice to replace a large SUV because you can still "fit" lots of stuff and don't fee like you're giving anything up. Haven't used my Jeep commander in weeks because this is so much fun to drive and has much better mpg than my Jeep's 12 mpg city. Not the cutest, but definitely the most practical!

More fun than I expected
By Allison on 07/24/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I transitioned from a basic, bare-bones Toyota Echo to the 2008 Honda Fit--what a difference. MPG is less than I was used to, but this is much more of a car and well worth the slight decrease in mileage. This car is fun and solid to drive; pickup is great, especially for a car with such little horsepower, and the car is very comfortable on long road trips. The sport model is worth the higher price, since those little luxuries all factor into the enjoyment of driving this car.

What's not to love?
By Lizabelle on 07/21/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

So I had a Prius on hold across town, to replace my pricey Lexus, which had been costing me $200 a month in gas. But $28K is a lot of money. So on impulse, I drove into the Honda lot and saw Fit looking at me. He was hot! Drove like a dream, the folding options make him one big origami machine (for my gardening/furniture/ kid stuff). I'm getting over 30 MPG for $10K less than a Prius.

Nice car, needs a few more features
By iglehart on 07/17/08 07:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought it, so I cant comment on reliability. It's a blast to drive and get good gas mileage. It was reasonably prices.

Very Versatile
By sherri on 07/14/08 16:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I can carry passengers in comfort and almost anything I want. It's huge inside. I love to pull up to the door at Home Depot ready to load in a screen door and some 9 foot molding and see the look on everyone's face! It's really fun too.

2008 Fit Sport manual
By Amy on 07/13/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It handles great and mileage is better than advertised. We get 34-41 mpg city. My husbands feet have trouble with the pedals. He says there is not enough room for his feet if he is wearing boots.

Excellent
By Sam G on 07/11/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned a few cars in my lifetime. This by far is my Favorite. a lot of fun, good gas miles, and lots of room inside. not to many guys driving this car, but i don't care. i love it and I'm keeping it for a while. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.