Used 2008 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

True Honda Owner
By HondaFitJDM

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 1st vehicle from any dealership. I am impressed with what Honda has done with the Fit, interior/exterior design is great, quality of products used into the making, safety, overall is a great value for what it has to offer in comparison to other rival cars for the same price. This is an economy car, therefore it lacks power, if you need performance, go for the Nissan 350z.

Seats, wheels, comfort & quietness at high speeds

Gas mileage into the 40-50s for the same price, center vent flexibility. Include floor mats, hatch cover at no extra cost.

This special car ... "Fits!"
By Obie327

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven many cars in my day: legend, jetta, Fiat, Saturn, Toyota, etc... My car needs a good driving dynamics and personality. This car is all of that!: ergonomical, practical, efficient, responsive, spacious, peppy, and really fun. I feel like a citizen of the world when driving. Well thought out car. Get the armrest, tint, and a rubber liner for the trunk. I was impressed with winter driving, I mean having the gas tank closer to the front makes for better weight distribution (when full) for snow grip. (not ruling on tires yet) seats are wonderful for my back. Drove 1200 miles on a trip and never had any achy joints or anything! (just tired). Got over 40 mpg going 60+ mph. Great experience.

(Being the sport model) stereo is awesome, manual transmission, space, comfort, and performance. Getting the armrest was a really good move. Getting aftermarket parts for this car.

Tinting the windows would have been nice!? Just a few little more tweaks and it will fit me beautifully.

With a little help from its friends...
By wdb

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

...it gets a whole lot better. This is a very inexpensive car for a Honda, so I am not averse to fixing what I don't like. Odd driving position! I splay my knees out to the sides and use the cruise control as much as possible. I still grumble though. No dead pedal! Zeta dead pedal, HIGHLY recommended. No center armrest! I bought a pricey JDM Honda center console; inexpensive console/armrest addons are available. 22K miles so far and the car is still a pure hoot to drive, which is a big deal for me; boring cars stink. I get close to 40MPG without trying too hard. And it's still cute as a bug. I'm keeping mine!

Fun to drive factor, economy of operation, expected reliability/longevity, interior space and versatility, active aftermarket for performance and appearance doodads, did I mention it's fun to drive?

Design the ergonomics for American sizes, put an LSD option out there (so I can get it for mine), better wiper blades, a tad more noise dampening material.

Fit 2 Go
By Poopa

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is like a "mini-SUV" it can hold anything and go anywhere. I especially love the great gas mileage and the ease of parking or maneuvering around. I live in the snow belt and after putting snow tires on this vehicle, I had no problems whatsoever, getting about. A great addition to any family!

Lay flat seating and the back "hatch".

Quieter engine and easier seat configuration changes.

Fit is Fantastic
By Fit Fan

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Absolutely love my 2008 Fit Sport. Such a fun car to drive. Gas mileage is close to 40 MPG. Can't beat that with high gas prices. Love the seat configurations. Work out really great bringing husband home from hospital with knee replacement surgery. Folded front seat back and made the chaise-longue position. He was totally comfortable for the 3 hour drive home. Heating and AC systems work great. Love the sound system. Plenty of drink holders. Purchased the cargo mat and it works great when hauling plants. I could go on and on about this car. Totally fun and makes you feel good driving it. Love my Fit! Honda ... this is a wonderful product.

MPG and seat configurations