Used 2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 192 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Great car for your money
By tim_s11

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used, and have had it for four months now. I love it. It is fun to drive around town. Easy to park. I love all the room inside. Great car to take on vacations. I'm getting almost 40 mpg on highway, and 35 in the city. We love to take it to the drive in and to lay in the back. It makes it easy to load up the mountain bikes and take off. It is the best car that I have bought.

GAS MILEAGE! All the room inside. Fun to drive. It's a Honda so it should last awhile, and have great resale value.

None.

Great car, a few quirks
By Jason

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought brand new and now have 25k miles (lots of hwy miles the first yr). Overall, been a great little car. Haven't had any problems except a nagging dash rattle that comes and goes; very fun to drive. Tons of space for all my junk. I've crammed 3 mountain bikes along with people to ride them in it without much problem. Good stereo. Gas mileage is decent, I'm getting ~31 city, but that reflects my driving style. It has some quirks and lacks some features other modern cars have, but hey, it's an econobox. I would recommend to anyone who needs an inexpensive ride. Our first Honda, won't be the last.

Handling, cargo space flexibility, stereo, Honda reliability and resale, safety features.

Better carpet and seat fabric (impossible to keep clean inside!), armrest, dead-pedal, integrated i-pod (has aux jack), more power, more grown up styling, uhh... floormats, more durable cargo materials, better A/C for places where 100+ is common in the summer, better tires.

Biggest Little Car Made
By John

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. Easy to camp out of, haul strollers, and lumber alike. Some of the other reviews complain about MPG, mine is great. 36 to 40 MPG in town and 45 to 50 hwy every time. We have 35,000 trouble free miles. Stock tires are worn out already but they did excellent in snow and rain! First car I have ever owned - always had trucks and vans, but I have been able to haul everything the van did, still got my old truck though! Took the car camping and got it down the same trail all the 4x4's, only non truck at the camp site, buddies stop making fun of the Fit, well they have more respect anyway. I don't like that my leg hits the cup holders, but at 6'1" I am still comfortable.

Power, MPG, room, purchase price.

Honda, spend 6 more bucks and put in an arm rest! Spend 3 more and put in floor mats.

Love performance and space
By rterry

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought it used - 1 year old - and have had for almost a year. Just love it. Great handling. Bought it because I can put grandma's wheelchair behind the driver's seat without having to lift the chair. But come to find out it holds more than our Honda station wagon. Great headroom. Zips up the mountains. If there is a high wind, you can definitely feel it. Just slow down. Only had routine maintenance done. No problems at all.

Performance, space, looks.

Vanity mirror on passenger side, and lighted vanity mirror on both sides. The back seat headrests create blind spots - I took them down and just use them when have passengers.

Great car
By HondaFitdfw

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car. In 11,000 miles I have never gotten less than 33.5 mpg in all-city driving. Highway avg. between 39-41 mpg. A very flexible design and is great fun to drive.

Interior design, flexibility, turning radius, parking.

Center console with arm rest.