Used 2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Love performance and space
By rterry

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought it used - 1 year old - and have had for almost a year. Just love it. Great handling. Bought it because I can put grandma's wheelchair behind the driver's seat without having to lift the chair. But come to find out it holds more than our Honda station wagon. Great headroom. Zips up the mountains. If there is a high wind, you can definitely feel it. Just slow down. Only had routine maintenance done. No problems at all.

Favorite Features

Performance, space, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Vanity mirror on passenger side, and lighted vanity mirror on both sides. The back seat headrests create blind spots - I took them down and just use them when have passengers.

Great car
By HondaFitdfw

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car. In 11,000 miles I have never gotten less than 33.5 mpg in all-city driving. Highway avg. between 39-41 mpg. A very flexible design and is great fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Interior design, flexibility, turning radius, parking.

Suggested Improvements

Center console with arm rest.

Almost Great
By kenshanklin

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for almost 15 months. I like the roomy interior design and the handling. I am disappointed in the in-town mileage. It averages 24 mpg. The front air dam is too low and it should come with an arm rest. The suspension is rough on uneven surfaces. The interior fabric is a lint magnet. I added film to the window for sun protection and the vinyl protective mat to rear compartment. Overall I like the car.

Favorite Features

Interior design and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Needs center arm rest and more road clearance on the front. Improve the suspension. Better fabric on the interior would be nice.

2008 Honda Fit Motor Problem
By Carol Baird

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

At 69,000 kilometers the small engine block went on my 2008 Honda Fit. The Honda dealer will not put in a new engine. Just replace the small block. The Sales Manager at the dealership had the same problem, and Honda again only replaced the same thing. I am worried that the top of the engine will go after the warranty is off. I am wondering if this is an ongoing problem with the fits.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Automatic Seats

True Honda Owner
By HondaFitJDM

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 1st vehicle from any dealership. I am impressed with what Honda has done with the Fit, interior/exterior design is great, quality of products used into the making, safety, overall is a great value for what it has to offer in comparison to other rival cars for the same price. This is an economy car, therefore it lacks power, if you need performance, go for the Nissan 350z.

Favorite Features

Seats, wheels, comfort & quietness at high speeds

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage into the 40-50s for the same price, center vent flexibility. Include floor mats, hatch cover at no extra cost.