Used 2008 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Biggest Little Car Made
By John

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. Easy to camp out of, haul strollers, and lumber alike. Some of the other reviews complain about MPG, mine is great. 36 to 40 MPG in town and 45 to 50 hwy every time. We have 35,000 trouble free miles. Stock tires are worn out already but they did excellent in snow and rain! First car I have ever owned - always had trucks and vans, but I have been able to haul everything the van did, still got my old truck though! Took the car camping and got it down the same trail all the 4x4's, only non truck at the camp site, buddies stop making fun of the Fit, well they have more respect anyway. I don't like that my leg hits the cup holders, but at 6'1" I am still comfortable.

Power, MPG, room, purchase price.

Honda, spend 6 more bucks and put in an arm rest! Spend 3 more and put in floor mats.

Love performance and space
By rterry

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought it used - 1 year old - and have had for almost a year. Just love it. Great handling. Bought it because I can put grandma's wheelchair behind the driver's seat without having to lift the chair. But come to find out it holds more than our Honda station wagon. Great headroom. Zips up the mountains. If there is a high wind, you can definitely feel it. Just slow down. Only had routine maintenance done. No problems at all.

Performance, space, looks.

Vanity mirror on passenger side, and lighted vanity mirror on both sides. The back seat headrests create blind spots - I took them down and just use them when have passengers.

Great car
By HondaFitdfw

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car. In 11,000 miles I have never gotten less than 33.5 mpg in all-city driving. Highway avg. between 39-41 mpg. A very flexible design and is great fun to drive.

Interior design, flexibility, turning radius, parking.

Center console with arm rest.

Almost Great
By kenshanklin

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for almost 15 months. I like the roomy interior design and the handling. I am disappointed in the in-town mileage. It averages 24 mpg. The front air dam is too low and it should come with an arm rest. The suspension is rough on uneven surfaces. The interior fabric is a lint magnet. I added film to the window for sun protection and the vinyl protective mat to rear compartment. Overall I like the car.

Interior design and comfort.

Needs center arm rest and more road clearance on the front. Improve the suspension. Better fabric on the interior would be nice.

2008 Honda Fit Motor Problem
By Carol Baird

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

At 69,000 kilometers the small engine block went on my 2008 Honda Fit. The Honda dealer will not put in a new engine. Just replace the small block. The Sales Manager at the dealership had the same problem, and Honda again only replaced the same thing. I am worried that the top of the engine will go after the warranty is off. I am wondering if this is an ongoing problem with the fits.

Handling, comfort, gas mileage