2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Fit to Love!
By TnD on 08/23/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is ball to drive. Mileage is good, if not excellent. Interior is very good but could use some safety improvement on the door sill's and on the step bumper since gloss paint is very slippery when wet. They are offered as accessories added by the dealer but should come from the factory as part of the new vehicle. Honda slipped up there.

Most fun econohatch for tall people
By Jon on 08/23/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

For first car, wanted to get an economical hatch that didn't feel like "my dad's car." The Fit hit all of the buttons. Lots of usable cargo space, simple user-friendly interior, dash and controls, and is a blast to drive. Didn't think an economical car could be fun to drive, but the Fit is. Granted, it's no Mini or Mazda3 or real sports car, but it's by far the most sporty of the economy hatchbacks and while it may not have the power that a real sports car has, it sure feels like one. Has to count for something, IMHO. Requires extra responsibility when driving.

love it, but mileage terrible
By goldylocks on 08/15/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Ok, so I traded in a small SUV for this Milano Red Honda Fit Sport Automatic. Honestly, my SUV got better gas mileage, I have to fill up at 200 miles in city. I only live 2 miles from work. so the best mileage I've gotten is 24 mpg. But the majority is coming 20-21 mpg. I have not put it on the highway yet to test, but most of my driving is in the city, granted I live in Baton Rouge and we have terrible traffic, but i live 2 miles from work and don't go outside that realm during the week. I absolutely love everything about this car except the gas mileage. I just had the windows tinted, installed a sunroof and an armrest. Looks really sporty.

Cool Car!
By tomsandys on 08/14/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Really a fun car to drive, worst gas mileage so far is 40 mpg, best 46 mpg. Sturdy, quiet, and nimble for an economy car.

Excellent
By HONDA FIT on 08/14/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I really enjoy this car. The space is incredible. Use in my work with lots of equipment. Highway mileage is much higher than reported. Ride is a bit rough.

Not that small
By DAN BELL on 08/13/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

My new Honda fit look small but is huge inside, very smart design. Very quick consider 109 hp. Gas mileage so far 30-32 mpg mixed city & highways very stable at any speed especially on curves, it handles like any other car I drove before. Honda did a excellent job on this model

poor miage
By mitzie on 08/13/08 10:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my Honda Fit for the gas mileage, I was told it would get about 40 with a standard transmission. I really wanted an automatic. I have filled the tank twice and I am getting about 34 miles a gallon .. I am doing a lot of coasting and I am very disappointed. otherwise the care is great but gas counted. I was told the echo or yaris got about 40 also

My best experience ever
By damick on 08/09/08 23:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This Sport Fit is just great. I have as much front driving room as I had in a Mercury Sable. Just excellent for a 2 person car. I love it cause the room in the back when the seats are folded down is awesome. This little gas saver is loaded from a base sticker. I mean everything. Stereo is the best sound I have ever heard in a car. If you want to drive in a manual mode in an automatic transmission you can control that with a touch of a steering wheel button. You can gear down fast to a stop. I have had it up against so similar cars I will not mention and this one has class to it. The Sport I speak of. use to pay $65.00 per fill up now only $38.00 for the same distance. Buy one you will enjoy.

Love the Fit!
By Fit Fan on 08/04/08 14:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

On my first tank in my 5 speed I got 34.5 mpg and that included some mountain driving - with plenty of power. My second and third tanks have been slightly over 40mpg mixed driving. I don't know where they get the EPA estimate of 28-34. I'm also very happy with how fun it is to drive (sport-car feel), the great gas mileage, and the interior space that feels like it rivals my wife's Escape. Besides much better gas mileage than advertised, my 5 speed with the 1.5 liter engine has more spunk than my big old 6 cylinder Explorer does (or ever did). When some say the Fit doesn't have enough power I'm amazed unless maybe they have the automatic which isn't quite as good on power or mpg.

Sooo bummed about LOW, LOW mileage!!!!
By katrinka on 08/03/08 22:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my sixth 'new' Honda purchase, all others were Civics, both manual and AT,and I've never experienced such low mileage,in spite of driving in the same manner for 35 years. I average 20 (TWENTY!) mpg, with city/ highway combined. On one 'semi' long trip the mileage climbed to 24. Now, I am still below the supposed 1,000 mile 'break in' point, but do plan to have the vehicle examined, as I purchased it for its size, ease and mileage! GUARANTEED? Should the mileage PROBLEM be solved, I'd recommend this vehicle highly. There are options one can purchase to solve any concerns listed below. Most owners report great mileage. The MT FIT gets up to 40,as DOES my 1991/MT Honda Civ-140K!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.