2008 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
The Fit fits.
By Kristin on 10/09/08 15:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my Fit for 3 months now, it's my first new car and I love it. It fits so easily into tight parking spots, can turn in incredibly small areas and has plenty of room on the inside! However, I am only getting about 20-22 mpg.. WAY less than was advertised and the front lower spoiler that comes standard on the sport is too low. It scrapes whenever I have to go in or out of a driveway unless I am creeping very slowly, which doesn't work if I am entering or crossing traffic. But all in all I love my Fit, it is much superior to my '98 Saturn that I was driving. I would suggest this car to anyone who enjoys driving and often find themselves with a car full of people

Great Purchase
By Finnie on 09/20/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the Fit due to the great gas mileage and the design of the folding back sit. It works great! It is a very versatile car. The back holds a lot more than it appears to be able to hold. The gas mileage is between 27 with mostly city driving to 41 with all highway driving. It has a good average of 30 to 32 MPG combo. The only thing I wish it would redesign is that the gas tank hold more than 10.8 gal. It seems to go through gas faster that way. A 12 to 13 would be great. I average about 280 to 400 miles per fill up. This car is a great buy. Plus another added feature is it shows percent of oil life so it takes the guess work out of when to change the oil. AC works great too.

dont hate if you dont know how to drive!
By i H8 dee-te-dee's on 09/16/08 15:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I can't stand people who give truly bad reviews then end with but it's a good little car! car handles great, gas mileage is better than sticker! trust me, my car only knows 2 speeds, park & 75. Honda really did a great job with this one, compared to all in its class and by far the fit was the best in its class hands down! better equipped than the yaris and more fun to drive than the versa!

Slightly dissapointed
By chin on 09/09/08 11:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Got the fit sport 5 speed.after 2000 miles, the average MPG is around 33. strictly highway around 37.expected more from such a small car.(coming from a 02 Chevy Prizm) I drive the speed limit, slow starts and all the tricks on the book. 109hp feels weaker than 105 hp on a 96 geo prizm. engine screams at 70 mph.(over 3500 rpm) the good: perfect transmission, one of the best Ive seen. fun to drive.responsive engine.quality interior for the price.Honda reliability (hopefully)

Fit for me.
By Clifton on 09/08/08 21:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Fit has been a great car so far. Not only do I average 32-33 miles per gallon (less on E10, unfortunately), the tight steering and quick shifter makes every drive enjoyable. With only 109 horsepower it's not a stoplight racer, but the 1.5 L mill is more than adequate for driving in the city and pulling the Fit's ~2600 lbs up to highway speeds. While it's no plush luxury car, the Fit's interior space belies its diminutive size, as four people can fit in the Fit in relative comfort. Then with a few clicks of the "magic seats" you can fill the car with furniture, boxes, etc.

great car , bad mpg
By harry on 09/01/08 11:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am electrician and service eastern n.c. I keep record of all gas used. In 3 mo 13,000 miles and 400 gal = 32.5 mpg that's 95% hwy. I have gotten in one tank 27 mpg to 43 mpg in another tank. Most tanks average 30-32 hwy driving on the flatside of Raleigh nc to nc coast. My best hwy mpg has been driving Raleigh nc west to winston- salem nc. I have had it to dealer 4 times and they say computer said everything is working properly. I got the car for the high mpg. gas prices are my enemy. I owed a 91 civic and got 37 mpg. Wish I still had it.

No way 34 mpg -- more like 38 - 42 mpg!
By Dennis on 08/26/08 04:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Get the 5 spd stick - short throws it shifts like butter! As good as if not better than my Civic si which I sold to my son. I have driven 4200 miles. The car is beyond excellent! Combined street/highway the lowest mileage. With the a/c on is 37 mpg. One caveat. Drive the speed limit. No fast starts. Shift to the higher gear. You can easily be in 5th gear at 40 miles per hour. If you drive meticulously. I guarantee 39 - and I have many time average 41-42 mpg. I have owned the Accord, my wife has a Civic, my two sons each have a Civic si. But for excellent mileage. You cannot beat the Honda fit. Excellent build/ride/reliability. The car rocks. And I paid little over $14k tax included!

design needs help
By needs design improve on 08/23/08 13:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

The AC is weak and cannot overcome the black interior in the sun. A light gray interior needs to be standard. The seats need help, I have a strong back and never have back ache, but the seats on the Fit are bad on trips over 50 miles. Seats are also too hard. Rear visibility is blocked by the rear seat head rests. Tire noise is excessive. The "smart key" costs a fortune for less anti-theft benefit than a cheap "Club", and returns an insurance reduction of only $8 a year(10% off the theft portion), about a tenth the replacement key cost. HOLD TIGHT On the positive; the engine performance is adequate. The car is quite, tires excluded. The headroom is excellent, and leg room is great.

Fit to Love!
By TnD on 08/23/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is ball to drive. Mileage is good, if not excellent. Interior is very good but could use some safety improvement on the door sill's and on the step bumper since gloss paint is very slippery when wet. They are offered as accessories added by the dealer but should come from the factory as part of the new vehicle. Honda slipped up there.

Most fun econohatch for tall people
By Jon on 08/23/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

For first car, wanted to get an economical hatch that didn't feel like "my dad's car." The Fit hit all of the buttons. Lots of usable cargo space, simple user-friendly interior, dash and controls, and is a blast to drive. Didn't think an economical car could be fun to drive, but the Fit is. Granted, it's no Mini or Mazda3 or real sports car, but it's by far the most sporty of the economy hatchbacks and while it may not have the power that a real sports car has, it sure feels like one. Has to count for something, IMHO. Requires extra responsibility when driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.