Used 2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Cold weather starting
By Battery life

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Original battery replaced 10 months after car bought. As soon as -20+ temp hit there was no life in battery. Again Dec.2009 same thing happened. Car driven daily. Honda replaced first battery but advised that this battery only falls under original time frame of warranty and not from replacement of battery in Dec.2008. Apparently no larger battery with better cranking power will fit the space. Honda's suggested solution is to put battery charger and battery warmer on.

I love this car.
By Elaine_Avalon

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! The Fit's excellent for road trips. It holds so much! CD player, excellent mileage, comfortable seats, not too much road noise, huge amount of space, the jack thing that you can charge your phone with... The only annoying thing is the lack of a vanity mirror for the passenger. Honestly, who applies makeup while driving? And besides, you're supposed to be concentrating on the road, not your appearance.

Comfortable seats, CD player, mileage, and massive amount of space. Once had a guy over six feet drive it around. Didn't see him for a couple hours, he loved it so much.

Vanity mirror for passenger, iPod auxiliary thing.

Great car for your money
By tim_s11

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used, and have had it for four months now. I love it. It is fun to drive around town. Easy to park. I love all the room inside. Great car to take on vacations. I'm getting almost 40 mpg on highway, and 35 in the city. We love to take it to the drive in and to lay in the back. It makes it easy to load up the mountain bikes and take off. It is the best car that I have bought.

GAS MILEAGE! All the room inside. Fun to drive. It's a Honda so it should last awhile, and have great resale value.

None.

Great car, a few quirks
By Jason

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought brand new and now have 25k miles (lots of hwy miles the first yr). Overall, been a great little car. Haven't had any problems except a nagging dash rattle that comes and goes; very fun to drive. Tons of space for all my junk. I've crammed 3 mountain bikes along with people to ride them in it without much problem. Good stereo. Gas mileage is decent, I'm getting ~31 city, but that reflects my driving style. It has some quirks and lacks some features other modern cars have, but hey, it's an econobox. I would recommend to anyone who needs an inexpensive ride. Our first Honda, won't be the last.

Handling, cargo space flexibility, stereo, Honda reliability and resale, safety features.

Better carpet and seat fabric (impossible to keep clean inside!), armrest, dead-pedal, integrated i-pod (has aux jack), more power, more grown up styling, uhh... floormats, more durable cargo materials, better A/C for places where 100+ is common in the summer, better tires.

Biggest Little Car Made
By John

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. Easy to camp out of, haul strollers, and lumber alike. Some of the other reviews complain about MPG, mine is great. 36 to 40 MPG in town and 45 to 50 hwy every time. We have 35,000 trouble free miles. Stock tires are worn out already but they did excellent in snow and rain! First car I have ever owned - always had trucks and vans, but I have been able to haul everything the van did, still got my old truck though! Took the car camping and got it down the same trail all the 4x4's, only non truck at the camp site, buddies stop making fun of the Fit, well they have more respect anyway. I don't like that my leg hits the cup holders, but at 6'1" I am still comfortable.

Power, MPG, room, purchase price.

Honda, spend 6 more bucks and put in an arm rest! Spend 3 more and put in floor mats.