2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews 3

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
2008 Honda Fit Sport
By Craig on 02/15/10 10:24 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall good car. Great 5sp manual transmission, good handling, lots of room for size and I've been getting 30mpg (winter) to 40 mpg (summer). Biggest complaint so far is the dashboard rattles. Brought into dealership once and they fix a rattle, but another quickly emerged on uneven pavement

Compare price & needs to price & wants
By Tammii on 02/10/10 09:15 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in a F150 for 2 fits, so of course the gas mileage is better. Its a good car, floor mats, cruise control, tinted windows, ipod connection all thrown in by dealer. Price wise is good. We pay the same payments for two fits as we did for the F150. Gas mileage good in the beginning, but dropped off majorly after 6 months of driving,in both cars. Tires are an issue. Almost as if they are out of balance, but after taking it to dealer, I was told the tires just need to warm up. Never heard of such a thing. Getting a second opinion on that one. Good car. Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.

Honda Fit 2008
By kgsull on 02/09/10 06:45 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Even though I'm not crazy about the looks, I do enjoy driving the car...for me it's comfortable, accelerates well, and gets very good mileage. Recently the battery wouldn't start, and after reading other forums regarding this issue, I see that there are many, many people with even more mileage and less that have had either the same problem (battery not charging), or battery dieing within less than 2 years! That is why I gave it a low reliability rating. The battery is not replaceable either (no one seems to make a similar size so one is stuck with the poor quality battery).

love my fit
By michelle on 01/12/10 11:17 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We just bought our vivid blue Pearl fit. It is just beautiful. We love everything about it from the blue lights on the dash to the great gas sipping. We will buy hondas from now on.

fit for the economy
By mandmfarms on 01/10/10 11:42 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We just bought our fit and we love it. Its a beautiful vivid blue Pearl. I would recommend thehonda fit to anyone who wants to get great gas mileage. It has loads of room. This is our first Honda car but it wont be our last. It has a bumpy ride and you feel every bump.

Cold weather starting
By Battery life on 12/11/09 09:07 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Original battery replaced 10 months after car bought. As soon as -20+ temp hit there was no life in battery. Again Dec.2009 same thing happened. Car driven daily. Honda replaced first battery but advised that this battery only falls under original time frame of warranty and not from replacement of battery in Dec.2008. Apparently no larger battery with better cranking power will fit the space. Honda's suggested solution is to put battery charger and battery warmer on.

I love this car.
By Elaine_Avalon on 11/28/09 09:52 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! The Fit's excellent for road trips. It holds so much! CD player, excellent mileage, comfortable seats, not too much road noise, huge amount of space, the jack thing that you can charge your phone with... The only annoying thing is the lack of a vanity mirror for the passenger. Honestly, who applies makeup while driving? And besides, you're supposed to be concentrating on the road, not your appearance.

Great car for your money
By tim_s11 on 11/05/09 17:36 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used, and have had it for four months now. I love it. It is fun to drive around town. Easy to park. I love all the room inside. Great car to take on vacations. I'm getting almost 40 mpg on highway, and 35 in the city. We love to take it to the drive in and to lay in the back. It makes it easy to load up the mountain bikes and take off. It is the best car that I have bought.

Great car, a few quirks
By Jason on 10/14/09 08:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought brand new and now have 25k miles (lots of hwy miles the first yr). Overall, been a great little car. Haven't had any problems except a nagging dash rattle that comes and goes; very fun to drive. Tons of space for all my junk. I've crammed 3 mountain bikes along with people to ride them in it without much problem. Good stereo. Gas mileage is decent, I'm getting ~31 city, but that reflects my driving style. It has some quirks and lacks some features other modern cars have, but hey, it's an econobox. I would recommend to anyone who needs an inexpensive ride. Our first Honda, won't be the last.

Biggest Little Car Made
By John on 10/10/09 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. Easy to camp out of, haul strollers, and lumber alike. Some of the other reviews complain about MPG, mine is great. 36 to 40 MPG in town and 45 to 50 hwy every time. We have 35,000 trouble free miles. Stock tires are worn out already but they did excellent in snow and rain! First car I have ever owned - always had trucks and vans, but I have been able to haul everything the van did, still got my old truck though! Took the car camping and got it down the same trail all the 4x4's, only non truck at the camp site, buddies stop making fun of the Fit, well they have more respect anyway. I don't like that my leg hits the cup holders, but at 6'1" I am still comfortable.