Used 2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 192 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Great if you only drive in the city
By lucarescigno

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fit new in 2008. At the time, I loved it. Since then, its various issues have worn down my support for the vehicle. Now I'm considering selling it even though it's still pretty new. The ride quality and road noise are getting to me, and the car lacks certain basic amenities like cruise control (my fault for getting the base model), adjustable intermittent length for the front wipers (that's right, it's every 4 seconds or nothing), and any intermittent setting for the rear wiper (it's either on or off).

Handling is excellent. Super sharp and responsive. I can feel the road so much better than in most cars. Pedal response is sharp and responsive as well. Parking is extremely easy with such a small car. There's tons of cargo space for a car this size and the seat configurations are useful. Headlights are very good and gauges are easy to read.

The ride quality is bad. You will be bounced around constantly. Road noise is like riding in an airplane beyond 50 mph. The AC works, but it's weak. Gas mileage is not bad, but it's not as good as you'd expect for such a small car. Not worth the trade off in size and comfort. I think one of the biggest problems is that the highest gear just isn't tall enough - the engine revs like mad above 55 mph. The driving position is bad too - the pedals are too close but the steering wheel is too far away. Think of this as more like a Smart car. Fine for the city, AVOID if you use highways.

clutch
By disapointed7

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had only 32 thousand miles and clutch went.
My old hundai accent had 250 th on origional clutch. I do mostly highway driving.

Dealership led me to believe it was a defect and would cost me nothing
instead it cost well over a thousand dollars.
Will never own another. Next car with be Hundai.
The most reliable car I have ever owned.
The accent had only a need for brakes, and tuneups.
Had orgional stareter alternator tailpipe and muffler after 8 years and 250000 miles.

I like the fit more than my old Civic
By ctscream

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

When my 1999 Civic was stolen and would have cost too much money to repair I was heartbroken. I didn't have much money at the time and couldn't afford to buy a new Civic (and the new ones didn't appeal to me) so I started looking at more affordable cars but really didn't want anything but a Honda. The Fit was a perfect match for me. What made me attracted to it was the hatchback and extra trunk space because I barely ever have passengers. When I had the Civic it was always a pain to fit things in the trunk and fold the seats down with only 2 doors. It felt cramped especially with passengers in the back seat.

Lots of cargo space, easy to fold seats, simple but quirky exterior shape, tight turning radius, fits in small parking spaces, great visibility out of all windows, defrosts and heats up quickly, tire pressure gauge, has a lot of pep, nice interior colors, extra protection with the ignition lock. The best part... nobody wants to steal a Honda Fit!

I wish the carpet materials were more durable and stood up to wear and dirt better. My car is in pretty good shape but the dirt get stuck in the felt floor and is impossible to get out. Also the back of the back seats aren't really durable for a spot where you may put down a lot of cargo... everything gets stuck in the fibers. I wish the front drivers seat had a tilt option. My biggest criticism is for the newer Fits, they totally ruined the body shape in my opinion... too curvy and too much going on visually on the exterior and interior to the point where I might not want to buy a Fit in the future.

Honda Fit Sport 2008 very reliable
By tommyhonda71

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2008 Honda Fit Sport in January 2008. I've had it 3 yrs now and never had a problem. Rides very quite, handles awesome and is quick. Love the style and runs well on gas. I only have 15,000 miles over the 3 yrs.

Features i admire most are how all the seats can be folded down to fit large stuff in the back. It accelerates quickly, handles very well. The radio in the sport is good a quality system. I feel comfortable driving mainly cause theres not many obstructions in the way, the winsdheld is large.

I would like the option to have a sunroof

Excellent, Only Minor Complaints
By ozziepuppy

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome room inside and very creative use of space. Friend had leg surgery: We were able to put down the front seat (flat) & she sat in back with her leg completely extended. Transported a 9x12 rug with no problem. Got 42 mpg on a road trip out west. Minor complaints: the Sport trim hangs too low and gets scratched up easily. My fog lights have both broken twice (not protected enough?). No map lights. Road noise. Overall, though, a nearly perfect car in terms of economy, excellent use of space, being fun to drive, and (dare I say it?) basic cuteness. This is an AWESOME car for the price!!

The way the seats fold down flat. Being able to sit in the back right seat with the front right seat all the way down so you can extend your leg(s). Folding up the back seats to get 4' of vertical space. Excellent gas mileage. The way the car looks. The go-kart driving experience.

Fog lights should be better protected from rocks and debris. There should be map lights. The sport trim side skirts should not hang down so low. A little more insulation (less road noise) and plushier seats would be nice.