Used 2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Most Helpful|
Great for tall people
By fitfitfit

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We are a family of four who have had our Fit for 2.5 years. People are continually surprised that my husband, at 6'7", can even get into such a small- looking car. He even fits in the back seats, which seems to be true for most Hondas, but not other makes. The Fit also has ample headroom. It is fun to drive, easy to park ANYWHERE, gets great gas mileage, and has a highly versatile interior. We also love the 6 speaker sound system.

Favorite Features

Roominess, affordability, interior versatility, minimal depreciation

Suggested Improvements

Seat comfort, standard window tinting

Junk
By bbb15

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing about this car lives up to the hype. It shakes over 60mph, the clutch is horrible, and everything in the interior rattles while I drive. It feels cheap and is incredibly uncomfortable to drive. I've owned $500 cars that were far better. I very much regret buying this car.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Clutch. Road noise. Engine shakes at high speed.

Gutless Wonder
By ronsbiz

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Honda Fit in 2012 with 37,000 miles, and have since put 91,000 on it. Like some Honda's, this is a well built, functional car but not well engineered. I can't explain why Honda has a penchant for putting under-powered engines in their cars (like the 2.0L engine in early CR-V's), but here they did it again. 109 horsepower and 106 pounds of torque may be fine for over-taxed and over-regulated Europeans, but when you are competing with V-8's for lane space on American highways, 109 horse's relegates you to the slow lane. I understand the new Fit's have 117 horse's, but the vehicle has gotten bigger since 2008 as well,so you're back to square one. If Honda were to offer the 1.8L en

Favorite Features

Smooth transmission, nimble handling.

Suggested Improvements

If you call something a "sport", add a sporty engine.

Great!
By rog

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car has been nothing but great! In any given week I am commuting over 1000 miles, I live in Maine so this means in snow, ice, and summer humidity and this car sails through it all! I can seemingly fit almost anything into it, and I know it is as safe as it can be while driving my daughter around. It is far and away the best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

most everything.

Suggested Improvements

winter requires the defroster to be on high all of the time. Some serious blind spots.

Happy with my fit UNTIL 150,000!! BEWARE!
By matt331

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I would say up until a couple of months ago I would rated my Honda Fit a easy 5 out 5 stars UNTIL I crossed the 150,000 mark. I will let it be known I've been the sole owner of this car and have all maintenance done at Honda (oil changes/inspections). Since passing the 150k mark I've had the car towed twice once for a bad fuel pump ($700) the second time because the accelerator coils and water pump went out completely. The second issue ended up costing around $1500 because valve adjustments and new parts. The check engine light has come on several times since and needless to say I'm now afraid of driving this thing down the street. So beware after 150k, it's a money pit!