Used 2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Fun, Practical, Great Value
By swift

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Fit last September. Had to order because they were in short supply. It is a manual transmission, the only way to go in my opinion as it is very peppy and fun to drive. Have been getting up to 44 mpg in ideal conditions, but usually in the mid to upper 30's with a mix. Strictly town it has been under 30mpg at times. So, mpg varies widely depending on how you drive and what kind of traffic. The manual transmission is so fun to drive that mpg can suffer from that. (The best mpg is conservative driving.) It has an amazing amount of cargo space and that is what really sold us on this car. We keep the back seats folded down almost all of the time. We love this car!

All the space with the back seats folded down. Peppy and fun to drive in the manual transmission version. Quality feel. Great value!

Drivers door armrest uncomfortable. Live mpg monitor. Back windows that roll all the way down. Diesel version! Hybrid version! Better gas mileage - we had a 1988 Mazda 323 that consistently got upper 30's mpg way back then. The technology is out there to consistently be getting 40 & 50 mpg. Do it!

You can't go wrong with the fit
By dabell

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car amazes me with all the space this car has to offer, I was looking for a wagon but I can't afford the price of VW Jetta, Passat, Audi and some other wagons on the market, the Honda fit is very useful, affordable & very well made, excellent handling, nice ride

Radio, all the seats, seat and side air bags with no extra charge , ride interior space [roomy]

Antenna on the roof got to go

Love it
By mec

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2008 Sport Fit for 6 weeks. I purchased it for two reasons: fuel economy and the ability to park in those tiny San Francisco street spots. I recently took a road trip of about 500 miles. I was amazed that even with 2 teenagers, loaded with camping gear and driving w/ the A/C on; I still managed 40 mpg. Amazing.

Most of my driving is city driving. The Fit is perfect for driving about town. I can park it anywhere. I love the back seat folding options. I can fit plenty of gear in the back. Take off the front tire of my bike, it fits too, with room for one passenger in the back seat also.

There is not much room for the left foot. The wheel well doesn't provide you much space. The car absolutely cannot climb up hill on the freeway. I continually had to take the cruise control off and downshift to maintain speed.

Fit - Great Decision
By Linda

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

My 2008 Fit handles smooth and swift yet sturdy and quiet. Very pleased at the quick acceleration for a small car. Surprised at the great amount of space inside for both front and rear passengers plus storage/hauling space. Great versatility and unique options for folding down the seat backs and magic rear seats. Great mileage: City 29-30 mpg, Highway 39-40 mpg.

Quick smooth acceleration. Mileage. Can turn on a dime and seems to glide. Great leg room and interior space.

Upgrade the carpet.

2008 Honda Fit
By CCurtis

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has exceeded my expectations. It is fun to drive and great on gas mileage. (36 MPG on mainly rural and city driving.) It can fit four people comfortably and has lots of room for storage. It corners and hugs the road like a champ and I just took it on the freeway and it did great. It was actually hard to not go over the 70 MPH speed limit. The noise level was normal for this size of car and not much different then the Accord that I just had.

European design, roominess, gas mileage, handling.

Vanity mirror on the passengers side, larger gas tank, somewhat bumpy ride.