Used 2008 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews - 192 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Dan's fun car
By dan129

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I'm 60 years old and have owned a lot of different cars, including a corvette a 240z and various full size cars. My Honda fit is fun fun to drive and I'm getting without it totally broken in 32 to 37 mpg. it only has 900 hundred miles on it. mine is storm silver and looks great. you can't go wrong with the fit.

the seats. the get up and go. the sound system. the fuel mileage

My first Fit
By fetyka

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Well, I really like this car. Runs smooth, very easy to get use to it. Even though, this is a small compact car, I still have the feeling of driving a very well built, very good quality vehicle. Before I purchased it I had visited other competitors in the same class and this car had definitely won the interior design contest for me. Gas mileage in the city is around 29/30, it's not bad, but not very impressive either. I recommend this car to anyone who wants to save money on the long run, prefers good quality, not looking for something fancy and doesn't have a big family.

Very easy to fold the seats and make room even for a kayak. Very cool interior design. Paddle shifters, comfortable seats, handling, style.

More powerful engine and better A/C. The car is very sensitive for rough roads. Bigger fuel tank; it's about 8.5-9 gallon to fill it up. The front bumper due to its design is placed at a very low height and easy to curb it and damage it. Armrest!

Fabulous Fit
By Andy

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We're thrilled with our Fit sport. It has delivered great gas mileage, 30MPG around town, 33-38 MPG highway. It's interior is well thought out and comfortable. For an entry level car, the interior materials and quality are superb. The exterior design is excellent. The Sport trim gives the car a better look versus the standard model. While it's not a rocket, the engine has some pep and good torque. The hills in our area are no problem for motor. When the A/C is on, the small displacement of the engine robs some of the power. The handling is great for this little car. It's a firm ride, the lower profile tires don't help, but the trade off is you get crisp handling and grip. I like the steering too

Interior design and flexibility. Exterior design on the Sport Trim. Handling and steering. Sound system.

Drivers side vanity mirror. A/C robs power from the small displacement engine. Optional interior colors. Integrated Blue Tooth option for cell phone.

Fun, Practical, Great Value
By swift

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Fit last September. Had to order because they were in short supply. It is a manual transmission, the only way to go in my opinion as it is very peppy and fun to drive. Have been getting up to 44 mpg in ideal conditions, but usually in the mid to upper 30's with a mix. Strictly town it has been under 30mpg at times. So, mpg varies widely depending on how you drive and what kind of traffic. The manual transmission is so fun to drive that mpg can suffer from that. (The best mpg is conservative driving.) It has an amazing amount of cargo space and that is what really sold us on this car. We keep the back seats folded down almost all of the time. We love this car!

All the space with the back seats folded down. Peppy and fun to drive in the manual transmission version. Quality feel. Great value!

Drivers door armrest uncomfortable. Live mpg monitor. Back windows that roll all the way down. Diesel version! Hybrid version! Better gas mileage - we had a 1988 Mazda 323 that consistently got upper 30's mpg way back then. The technology is out there to consistently be getting 40 & 50 mpg. Do it!

You can't go wrong with the fit
By dabell

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car amazes me with all the space this car has to offer, I was looking for a wagon but I can't afford the price of VW Jetta, Passat, Audi and some other wagons on the market, the Honda fit is very useful, affordable & very well made, excellent handling, nice ride

Radio, all the seats, seat and side air bags with no extra charge , ride interior space [roomy]

Antenna on the roof got to go