2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Great Car
By perseverance8 on 12/12/07 19:04 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my little fit for about three weeks now and am lovin it, it is a great little car for a small family, the comfort is very good as I am 6' 2" and I fit quite comfortably, the power from the 1.5L VTEC is quite adiquite, and the maual shift is silky smooth, I would have liked to have seen more durable carpeting but the quailty is still superb (remember this is a Honda), the first time I filled up I calculated right at 37 MPG 50/50 city/hwy driving which im very happy about. I think honda has put together a winning package that will put a smile on your face whenever you take it for a spin.

Very Happy So Far
By Tigercat on 12/07/07 22:19 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a tall guy (6'6") who was looking for lots of leg and head room along with good fuel economy, and without spending lots of money. The Fit really fits! The legroom is fine, and the headroom is amazing (over 2"). I've filled the tank twice now, and got over 37 MPG each time--excellent for a car that's not even broken in yet. Acceleration isn't bad for such a small engine, and I can climb most grades at 55 MPH without downshifting out of 5th. All the useful options (cruise, power, side airbags) come standard on the Sport Fit. I like to drive my cars into the ground (10+yrs typ) so I don't miss the expensive-to-fix Lexus-type stuff at all. My impression is the Fit will go the distance.

Solid and fun
By dyussen on 11/28/07 12:59 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car after tiring of reliability issues and gas cost with a Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg; the flexibility in storage space came in handy my first week. I was sold on this car before I even drove it, but then was even more impressed with it. It is fun and peppy to drive despite not having a giant engine - can't beat the fuel economy short of spending double for a Prius, and it is solid design. Inside fuel cover area fills takes water during car wash, cheaped out on some little things (awful stock Dunlop tires), TPMS is a terrible requirement - makes winter wheels expensive!

Love my fit
By icuucme2 on 11/23/07 09:42 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love my fit, try to find reasons to take it out. Took it on a trip to a national park and it handled great on the highway, and it holds more than my old sedan did. Wow!!!

Lots of car without spending lots of money
By TPINES on 11/19/07 21:09 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

A really fine value. The Fit is fun to drive, economical, roomy, very practical. Build quality and reliability is classic Honda excellent.

As Advertised
By Photo/Video on 11/15/07 11:14 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excels at city driving, cargo hauling, parking, etc. Road manners, noise, seats can get old on highway trips over 90 minutes.

Great car, great price...and it's cute!
By LT on 11/12/07 11:29 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We picked up our new car on Friday and I got to drive it off of the lot (I hate that part!) Driving home on the interstate, it hardly felt like I had to apply any pressure to the gas pedal. This car wanted to go! And it had no problems maintaining 70 mph going up a large, long hill! Very zippy and fun to drive. The seat fits me perfectly and it's comfy! I'm looking forward to the good gas mileage now that gas it topping $3.17 here. The ride is quiet; there is no rattling of any car parts. On the interior, everthing fits together perfectly.

Worth the money
By rkvl on 11/12/07 07:11 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We needed a utility vehicle, and the Fit is really great. The seats that fold up are great for transporting our dog while the seats that fold down really help in carrying larger loads. The fuel economy is great. I drive only short distances to work and school, but it also does really well on the highway. I haven't taken it above 65, however. Not sure what it would do at faster speeds. The style is also great. I got a black one, and people really say it is a sharp car. I recommend the Fit highly.

Great Car
By adkmehrman on 11/07/07 09:04 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for about a month and simply love it. I test drove every other car in the class and the fit was by far the best car. I live in the mountains and commute over 100 miles a day to and from work on winding roads, and this is by far the most fun I have had driving to work. This car's handling rivals many sports cars. I was initially a little worried about the small engine but it seems to be fairly pepppy. The cars interior especially the magic seats are truely first rate. I put the back seats in tall mode and put a blancket down on the floor and it is a perfect place for my dog to ride. I have been averaging about 34 miles to the gallon with fairly aggresive driving. Love it.

Surprisingly great car!
By CaptainZeep on 10/29/07 21:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A job with a 30 mile commute, A big dog and and a baby on the way all conspired against my Acura RSX. My wife and I looked at a Subaru wagon but were not impressed with the fuel economy. The Fit caught our eye so we took a look. It had all the room and features we needed. After a quick test drive, we were sold. It is very fun to drive and overall very appealing. The space and flexibility of the interior is truly amazing. After waxing the Fit this weekend, my opinion continues to improve. The blackberry pearl paint is flawless. The materials quality, and finish is impressive, regardless of price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.