2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Unbelievable Value
By Connecticut Man on 02/09/08 12:24 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just got the car a month ago. Originally read that it would be too small for me. I'm over 6 feet tall. This car is big enough for me and people taller than me with no problems. It has huge interior and cargo area. It performs like a sports car. Unlike other people reviewing this car, I have no problems with road noise at 80 mph, and can hear the radio just fine. It has a stiff suspension so on bumpy roads, these will transmit into the cockpit, but on most good roads the ride is quiet.

Best Car We Could Have Bought
By Don on 02/07/08 17:29 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We needed a good commuter car that was reasonably priced and good gas mileage. After reading all the reviews I could find, it became apparent the Fit was the way to go. We were sold on it at as soon as we test drove one. In our area it was hard to find the Sport with the manual transmission. We love this car, it is amazing how such a small car can fit 4 large people fairly comfortably. For the price it is the best deal out there.

Pleasant surprise
By bpenn on 01/28/08 19:46 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is for anyone like me that was very hesitant to buy such a little car. I wrestled back and forth between the Civic and Mazda3 wagon. When I sold my gas guzzling truck for less than I hoped to get for it I only could afford the Fit. I've only had this a short time but I could not be happier with the Fit. This thing feels so much bigger inside then what it looks like. I find it to be a huge surprise and I'm relly digging this little thing. If you are walking the fence on this car I would suggest taking a long test drive. You may find what I found. This is a great car and Honda will have a huge hit on there hands.

Over all a good car
By 700312 on 01/24/08 06:20 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

First, going from a V6 to a 4 cyl engine is a huge adjustment. The blue back lit display is very easy to read. Nice large display. My biggest complaint is that the engine does not like to accelerate. Especially from a stop. Once it gets going it is ok. I recently moved and being able to fold down the back seats flat helped a lot in moving. Given the attention to safety that Honda gives, it is too bad that the ABS, traction control, and stability control are not standard features. The steering wheel does not telescope so I am having to reach and there is no center console. I have been doing mostly city driving in heavy traffic so the gas mileage is not what it was advertised to be.

It's a little buzz box
By Bob Howland on 01/18/08 07:57 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Pro: Great space utilization. Quick and direct handling. Incredibly good gear shift linkage. Good interior controls. Fairly economical (33MPH in northern winter). Adequate horsepower for my purposes. Con: Very short wheelbase yields a somewhat choppy ride. VERY firm suspension doesn't help. Lots of wind and tire noise at 75 MPH, so high that I won't use the radio above 65MPH. Geared short - 20MPH/1kRPM, which makes noise worse. Wanted to buy a set of snow tires the the tire pressure sensors double the per wheel cost. My 1997 Honda Civic got better gas mileage. I just wish I hadn't totaled it.

Excellent
By ken on 01/06/08 16:49 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent, good handling good audio, easy to drive, excellent on gas, very roomy, fun to drive.

Not Disappointed Yet!
By Happy in FLA on 01/01/08 19:40 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I got one of the first Fit's available in '06 when they were introduced (05/06) and I have put 40,000 happy commuter miles on it so far. The car is tight handling and the paddle shifters option works great as a way to zip around traffic without smashing the gas peddle. I've had zero maintainence issues. Honda did a good job at building a reliable and sporty Econo box.

2008 Fit Sport, Audio System
By Portulaca on 12/24/07 09:00 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle handles well and is a joy to drive. However, the road noise is greater than what I expected and the radio reception is unacceptable with constant static on local FM stations. The radio is fine as long as the car is not in motion. It immediately begins to crackle when in motion. The car has plenty of power for it's size and the gas mileage is wonderful. The head rests are set at a severe angle for short people and can't be adjusted unless a person removes them and reinstalls them backwards, with the angle toward the back seat.

"Fits" my needs perfectly.
By gs850gx on 12/23/07 10:47 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Practical to the core! I have about 2500 miles on the car since purchased new in August 2007. Gas mileage has been getting better as it breaks in and currently gets 35+ on a trip and 31 around town, all spirited driving. The car handles great and has proved itself worthy in slush and snow with the factory tires. The drive is Sporty and very enjoyable, decent comfort and stereo make the miles slide by. The interior is very versatile and convenient to access with no stretching and fishing to get things in and out. Build quality seems good. The low beams have been my only real complaint and I had to adjust the headlamps up a bit in thw hilly area where I live. They are pleny bright however.

More Can Cost Less
By Archidive on 12/18/07 21:11 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Well overall I am VERY happy with this car. Last 5 vehicles were 2 Dodge Shelbys, 2 SUVs, and lastly my Acura RSX and I can say that the FIT offers something that I loved in each of those vehicles. I commute about 30 minutes one way in mixed driving in upstate NY. Only getting about 27 MPG which I'm a bit disappointed with since my RSX gave me 31 MPG right up until the day I traded it in at 108,000 miles. However, it has been very cold and snowy here and I have been using the heat/fan more than I normally would, so I am hoping my ave. MPG over a year will jump up quite a bit. I am hoping I just don't have the 1 Sport AT FIT that likes to eat gas as much as it does people and cargo.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Fit in NJ is:

$198 per month*