2008 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Outstanding economy and utility
By tedguy on 03/30/08 19:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my '04 Accord, as I needed more space and maximum mileage. The Fit hasn't disappointed. I average 36- 37 mpg in open and rush-hour driving. I've carried lots of cargo, including a 46" TV upright right behind the driver's seat. Seating configurations are great. It's easy and fun to drive, maneuver, and park. The only thing I miss from my Accord (which I loved) is the automatic temperature control.

Fit is Go!
By FitIsGo on 03/27/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought at 08 Fit Sport 5AT in blaze orange in Dec 07 for my 20 yr old son. Was so impressed bought same car for myself 3 weeks ago in Milano red. MPG reading on first 200 miles of driving was 33.3 in mix of city/interstate driving on 12-mile commute. I got my Fit for $50 over invoice which was hard to believe, if stories of $4/gallon gas this summer come true. There are a lot of people driving big trucks and SUVs that get 10-12 MPG in real world driving that are going to be severely impacted. Supply and demand drives the prices for goods and services and if Americans would start driving high-MPG vehicles and cut our national consumption, we would see gas prices fall by $1/gallon.

fun fun fun!
By whackgirl17 on 03/27/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After getting through a terrible ordeal with the dealership, my Honda Fit is great! I'll list my cons first: I agree with comments that there should be a center arm rest & a dead pedal next to the clutch. I also wish that the rear window wiper had an intermittent speed. There is quite a bit of road noise coming up from the floor at highway speed. On a day to day basis though, these things do not really bother me. Having used an automatic transmission Fit while waiting for my real car, I definitely recommend the manual transmission and would not even buy an automatic in this model. I love the zippiness of my Fit & the sound system is good. It is so cute, well designed & fun to drive.

Great car but lacking in a lot of areas
By v724510 on 03/26/08 17:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was excited to get the fit but disappointed when I realized it maxed out at 35 mpg. In reality I'm getting 25 mpg and I drive mostly on the HWY. I hear this will get better in time. Right now Honda is purposefully not making many Fits to drive demand. Most dealerships are charging an additional 1500 to every car because of this false demand Honda is creating. Also the Fit does not come with floor mats. When you buy them you can't just lay them down but you need to cut into the floor of the car. What were they thinking with that???!!! Overall I do like the fit. It's fun to drive and looks cool in my opinion. Its a Honda so I trust it will be reliable. Time will tell.

Good little car, but needs improvements
By Sam on 03/26/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car right off the delivery truck...and, at first, absolutely loved it. However, after driving it for awhile, I have found some issues with it, but, all around, and for the price, it's a good little car.

Honda Fit for a Queen and the Big Guy
By grandma on 03/23/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Inside it's a big car, drives like a little car, parks anywhere and is FUN to drive. My 6'3 husband can finally sit up in my car. Adjustable seat belts mean I don't get choked anymore. Total city driving I'm getting 27+ and a 50 50 mix I'm getting 33. The dash panel is full of information, easy to set/reset everything with good outside noise insulation (for a small car) and easy to use radio, heater, and ac while driving. Love the idea of extra cargo room and even nap time with the fold down seats. Glad I finally own a Honda! Looking forward to a long life. I'll give it 5 stars overall.

Love it! Best of all worlds!
By Rob M on 03/16/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My decision to purchase the Fit seems smarter everyday. It gets an overall average 33 mpg, it fits all my music gear and it's fun to drive. I've had 4 adults in it comfortably and 5 adults in it for a (thankfully) short trip without complaint. It more than satisfies my needs and I get to have fun and be thrifty while I get to work, practices and errands. It handles fantastically and it feels like it feels faster than it is, which I like. Pretty decent stereo (6 speakers) and the dash is attractive and well laid out. My only complaint is the car came standard with window tinting, I guess it did because I can't see any tinting anywhere. That's just a quibble. Overall, I'd recommend it for anyone.

Fantastic
By Tom on 03/10/08 04:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I own my own shop and my son who is 14 wanted to "do up " a Honda, so we bought a used Civic with 190,000 miles and added bolt ons.The performance increase was outstanding and gas mileage did not suffer thus I decided to buy a new Honda due to gas prices. I never heard of the Fit but my son did some research. Well we bought the Fit and I must say that around town im getting 34mpg, the vehicle is worth every penny and the comfort level is superb. This vehicle is worth thousands more so get yours while they are still resonable.I rate it 10 out of 10

Love My Car!
By LeahInLaguna on 03/03/08 04:13 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The last time I filled my Jeep it cost me $74, and vowed the following weekend to get rid of it. I wanted a Honda Civic, but after driving that and the Fit I was hooked on the Fit! This is an amazing big car stuck in a little car body. The outside appears to be so compact yet once inside there is so much room it's unbelievable. I am happy with aspect of this car so far. The cargo capacity is huge and the comfort is what's expected of a small car, so not bad at all. The ability to maintain in traffic is there, I have no trouble with acceleration or braking; I am so pleased with the performance I sometimes forget I am driving a compact car! I would recommend to anybody with kids and pets!

Still in Love
By ellenoc on 02/24/08 11:47 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I now have 5,000 miles on my Fit - all in winter. Average of all fuel use is 36 mpg. When I first started looking for a new car, I fell in love with the Fit. Looked at half a dozen probably suitable models and the Fit was the only one that affected me that way. Everything about it suited what I needed, and test drives on highway and suburban roads were FUN! Still have trouble believing such an economical car has features such as ABS brakes, cruise control, and so many safety features my insurance is no higher than for the 10-yr old car I replaced. And the car is CUTE. Still haven't gotten over how cute. Unlike some others, I like the TPMS. It's worked for me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.