2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews 16

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
It's Purple!
By seeremlive on 04/03/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I traded a 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad cab 4.7L V-8 for a 2008 Honda Fit 1.5L I- 4? What was I thinking? I'll tell you what I was thinking. After 3 months of research and test drives, this is simply the best car, period. It may not be as large as a Hummer or as cushy as a Caddy, but this beats just about every other car on the market in the price you pay versus standard features and gas mileage. This results in much less engine noise. After 2000 miles. I commute 50 mi each way half interstate half stop and go. I have yet to get less than 33 MPG averaging 78 on the Interstate portion. And I can still pack in 8 2x6 8ft boards. FYI... At 70 MPH the AT runs the engine 1K RPM lower than the MT.

Fit Rules
By Pleatia on 04/02/08 08:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car runs and runs fast. You will think there is a bigger motor than the mini mill. All the Honda quality is there and not any real issues. You may have to live without a few items, but the gas pump will not make you pay. The lack of a dead pedal is not a problem either. The driving position is a bit awkward on a long road trip. It is workable however. This car is highly recommended. Keep looking and find a dealer who will work with you and don't buy from the arrogant Honda dealer.

Outstanding economy and utility
By tedguy on 03/30/08 19:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my '04 Accord, as I needed more space and maximum mileage. The Fit hasn't disappointed. I average 36- 37 mpg in open and rush-hour driving. I've carried lots of cargo, including a 46" TV upright right behind the driver's seat. Seating configurations are great. It's easy and fun to drive, maneuver, and park. The only thing I miss from my Accord (which I loved) is the automatic temperature control.

Fit is Go!
By FitIsGo on 03/27/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought at 08 Fit Sport 5AT in blaze orange in Dec 07 for my 20 yr old son. Was so impressed bought same car for myself 3 weeks ago in Milano red. MPG reading on first 200 miles of driving was 33.3 in mix of city/interstate driving on 12-mile commute. I got my Fit for $50 over invoice which was hard to believe, if stories of $4/gallon gas this summer come true. There are a lot of people driving big trucks and SUVs that get 10-12 MPG in real world driving that are going to be severely impacted. Supply and demand drives the prices for goods and services and if Americans would start driving high-MPG vehicles and cut our national consumption, we would see gas prices fall by $1/gallon.

fun fun fun!
By whackgirl17 on 03/27/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After getting through a terrible ordeal with the dealership, my Honda Fit is great! I'll list my cons first: I agree with comments that there should be a center arm rest & a dead pedal next to the clutch. I also wish that the rear window wiper had an intermittent speed. There is quite a bit of road noise coming up from the floor at highway speed. On a day to day basis though, these things do not really bother me. Having used an automatic transmission Fit while waiting for my real car, I definitely recommend the manual transmission and would not even buy an automatic in this model. I love the zippiness of my Fit & the sound system is good. It is so cute, well designed & fun to drive.

Great car but lacking in a lot of areas
By v724510 on 03/26/08 17:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was excited to get the fit but disappointed when I realized it maxed out at 35 mpg. In reality I'm getting 25 mpg and I drive mostly on the HWY. I hear this will get better in time. Right now Honda is purposefully not making many Fits to drive demand. Most dealerships are charging an additional 1500 to every car because of this false demand Honda is creating. Also the Fit does not come with floor mats. When you buy them you can't just lay them down but you need to cut into the floor of the car. What were they thinking with that???!!! Overall I do like the fit. It's fun to drive and looks cool in my opinion. Its a Honda so I trust it will be reliable. Time will tell.

Good little car, but needs improvements
By Sam on 03/26/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car right off the delivery truck...and, at first, absolutely loved it. However, after driving it for awhile, I have found some issues with it, but, all around, and for the price, it's a good little car.

Honda Fit for a Queen and the Big Guy
By grandma on 03/23/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Inside it's a big car, drives like a little car, parks anywhere and is FUN to drive. My 6'3 husband can finally sit up in my car. Adjustable seat belts mean I don't get choked anymore. Total city driving I'm getting 27+ and a 50 50 mix I'm getting 33. The dash panel is full of information, easy to set/reset everything with good outside noise insulation (for a small car) and easy to use radio, heater, and ac while driving. Love the idea of extra cargo room and even nap time with the fold down seats. Glad I finally own a Honda! Looking forward to a long life. I'll give it 5 stars overall.

Love it! Best of all worlds!
By Rob M on 03/16/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My decision to purchase the Fit seems smarter everyday. It gets an overall average 33 mpg, it fits all my music gear and it's fun to drive. I've had 4 adults in it comfortably and 5 adults in it for a (thankfully) short trip without complaint. It more than satisfies my needs and I get to have fun and be thrifty while I get to work, practices and errands. It handles fantastically and it feels like it feels faster than it is, which I like. Pretty decent stereo (6 speakers) and the dash is attractive and well laid out. My only complaint is the car came standard with window tinting, I guess it did because I can't see any tinting anywhere. That's just a quibble. Overall, I'd recommend it for anyone.

Fantastic
By Tom on 03/10/08 04:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I own my own shop and my son who is 14 wanted to "do up " a Honda, so we bought a used Civic with 190,000 miles and added bolt ons.The performance increase was outstanding and gas mileage did not suffer thus I decided to buy a new Honda due to gas prices. I never heard of the Fit but my son did some research. Well we bought the Fit and I must say that around town im getting 34mpg, the vehicle is worth every penny and the comfort level is superb. This vehicle is worth thousands more so get yours while they are still resonable.I rate it 10 out of 10