2008 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
First Ride Impression
By basanch73 on 04/17/08 12:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 5 spd MT Sport has more than enough get up and go with the 100+ horse at under 2500 lbs. Great handling, but at a cost of firm ride. Of course, firmness lends itself to the noisy buzz at hwy speeds, but easily tolerable when taking the Avg 31 mpg on first tank into effect. And that's before engine break-in. Can't wait to see the MPG #'s with a KN typhoon system that adds +5hp at the 5-10K mile mark. Obviously, parking space is no longer an issue anywhere.

Quality discomfort
By Dave on 04/12/08 05:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car was a big disappointment after driving it for a couple of weeks. The engine, build quality, fuel economy, and fun to drive factor were all there. However, the seating position and lack of a dead pedal left me feeling very uncomfortable. The gas pedal is too close to the driver, which resulted in constantly lifting one's foot off the accelerator in order to properly control the throttle. Move the seat back too far and you can't reach the clutch and steering wheel. Also the lack of a dead pedal (or even a flat spot), leaves one's foot on a round bump. This was such a shame because the car really zips around and is fun to drive.The new FIT is out this fall & I advise to wait.

Economy and utility
By Bryncrrd on 04/11/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Fit was purchased for economic utility, and it serves those ends admirably. It is very well designed and, as far as I can tell at this point, very well manufactured. The interior space, when all the rear seats are folded flat, is amazing. The front seats are fr more comfortable than they look, although the upholstery seems to attract every bit of fluff in the area. It's not a vehicle that flourishes at high speeds; the engine becomes very busy and high-speed stability is not a strong point. But for the purposes cited above, I know of nothing to equal it currently available on the market.

The Fit fits Everything
By Melissa on 04/11/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the Fit for only 6 months and I like it more and more everyday. Gas mileage is great. There is so much cargo space for such a little car. I can fit my Mountain Bike in the back without having to break it down. Love the cargo space. Its great in the snow for such a little car. This little car has some power behind it. The ratio between the steering wheel and the pedals is a bit uncomfortable. I think a telescoping steering wheel would easily solve this. Sound system is loud and on the loudest setting no static!

Surprising Fit
By Great Dog on 04/10/08 09:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've only had my Fit Sport for a month but the word surprise keeps coming to mind. I'm a big, 6'-1" and,..eh, not dainty. This car is more comfortable than the Dakota P/U it replaces and gets twice the gas mileage. I drove from RI to NY and back with my two sisters in one day, they were both impressed with it's relative comfort over 400 miles. The Fit is fun and light on it's feet on curvy roads, like driving a go-cart. I'm a dog trainer, having space for a pet divider or dog crate is crucial; the seats fold flat in an instant to accommodate even XL crates and there's tie downs in the floor to secure them. Fit, finish, and ergonomics are all top notch at a lower cost than most hybrids.

Honda Fit sport 2008 mpg over 30 noway
By thurst1963 on 04/09/08 14:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Well first off I gave the 2008 Honda fit sport auto trans 10 rating on every thing I really really like this car I had driven this car in Brazil in 2004 way before they came here and just fell head or heals for the car but I drive this car to work at 5.00am no traffic all highway 15 miles one way so we will say 80-85 % highway and that is low the first 700 miles I got 17 mpg from 700 to 1600 got 24 mpg drove from Champaign il to Cincinnati last week end all highway no stopping 70 miles per got 27 mpg then Champaign to ind 2 days ago got 28 mpg so if it was summer and I had the ac on and driving in a city I can't see more then 17 or 18 mpg so I will be trading this in soon for a Toyota

Amazing ! Fit is for sure
By svofan1 on 04/08/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is one very Nice car!. For the price nothing was left out. Fun to drive. Tight on turns and rapid acceleration. All in all everything honors ots name. It is a tight fit. Interior volume is hard to judge from the outside, only appreciated once seating in..

Love My Honda FIT!
By Bruce May on 04/06/08 17:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I just got my 2008 Honda FIT Sport Trim with Automatic. I love every bit of it. It is stylish, fun to drive, excellent room and great gas mileage. The only things needed are power driver seat, intermittent rear windshield wiper with washer, center console, actual oil change specification, automatic headlights on at dark, Also include as standard, floor mats, rear cargo cover, and multiple 12 volt DC plugs and several 120 volt AC plugs. I highly recommend the Automatic Sport Trim FIT, you can go with the automatic or shift without touching a clutch. The AC and radio are GREAT! I also recommend the 8 year 100,000 mile extended warranty, cargo cover and extra window tinting.

Fit for a King... a Queen, and 2 dogs
By Chirsg619 on 04/05/08 09:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

When we went looking for a car, we had never heard a Fit much less saw of one. After having seen one, my wife said "It looks like if got punched in the nose." Needless to say, we were less than impressed; at first. Once we saw the type of room inside, you can fit an Alpaca for God's sake, we were intrigued. After the test drive, it was time to do some online research. A week later, we drove home in our new little buddy. I parked my Mazda RX-8 in the garage and was able to pay for the Fit with gas savings alone. After 6 months, we already have 20,000+ miles on it and it still runs like a champ. The only issue was a dent received in a parking lot and a cracked windshield. We love it!

2008 Honda Fit
By chris on 04/04/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my car last month. I've put 1000 miles on it so far and I am rather pleased. the only item i have regrets with is not having cruise control. i am getting 30-32 mpg which is double what my previous car was getting. I only wish i could have waited to take a look at the 2009 fit.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.