Used 2008 Honda Fit Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Junk
By bbb15

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing about this car lives up to the hype. It shakes over 60mph, the clutch is horrible, and everything in the interior rattles while I drive. It feels cheap and is incredibly uncomfortable to drive. I've owned $500 cars that were far better. I very much regret buying this car.

None

Clutch. Road noise. Engine shakes at high speed.

Great if you only drive in the city
By lucarescigno

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fit new in 2008. At the time, I loved it. Since then, its various issues have worn down my support for the vehicle. Now I'm considering selling it even though it's still pretty new. The ride quality and road noise are getting to me, and the car lacks certain basic amenities like cruise control (my fault for getting the base model), adjustable intermittent length for the front wipers (that's right, it's every 4 seconds or nothing), and any intermittent setting for the rear wiper (it's either on or off).

Handling is excellent. Super sharp and responsive. I can feel the road so much better than in most cars. Pedal response is sharp and responsive as well. Parking is extremely easy with such a small car. There's tons of cargo space for a car this size and the seat configurations are useful. Headlights are very good and gauges are easy to read.

The ride quality is bad. You will be bounced around constantly. Road noise is like riding in an airplane beyond 50 mph. The AC works, but it's weak. Gas mileage is not bad, but it's not as good as you'd expect for such a small car. Not worth the trade off in size and comfort. I think one of the biggest problems is that the highest gear just isn't tall enough - the engine revs like mad above 55 mph. The driving position is bad too - the pedals are too close but the steering wheel is too far away. Think of this as more like a Smart car. Fine for the city, AVOID if you use highways.

clutch
By disapointed7

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had only 32 thousand miles and clutch went. My old hundai accent had 250 th on origional clutch. I do mostly highway driving. Dealership led me to believe it was a defect and would cost me nothing instead it cost well over a thousand dollars. Will never own another. Next car with be Hundai. The most reliable car I have ever owned. The accent had only a need for brakes, and tuneups. Had orgional stareter alternator tailpipe and muffler after 8 years and 250000 miles.

My fit fits me
By jim

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently took a trip from Lima Ohio to Middlesboro Ky and and back to Lima. I averaged 42.1 MPG. for the trip, with my 2008 5 speed manual Fit.

I can fit my bike in the back and shut the hatch.

stronger armrest, i have almost popped it off just leaning on it.

I love this car.
By Elaine_Avalon

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! The Fit's excellent for road trips. It holds so much! CD player, excellent mileage, comfortable seats, not too much road noise, huge amount of space, the jack thing that you can charge your phone with... The only annoying thing is the lack of a vanity mirror for the passenger. Honestly, who applies makeup while driving? And besides, you're supposed to be concentrating on the road, not your appearance.

Comfortable seats, CD player, mileage, and massive amount of space. Once had a guy over six feet drive it around. Didn't see him for a couple hours, he loved it so much.

Vanity mirror for passenger, iPod auxiliary thing.