2008 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Junk
By bbb15 on 12/12/11 20:19 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing about this car lives up to the hype. It shakes over 60mph, the clutch is horrible, and everything in the interior rattles while I drive. It feels cheap and is incredibly uncomfortable to drive. I've owned $500 cars that were far better. I very much regret buying this car.

Great if you only drive in the city
By lucarescigno on 05/24/11 08:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fit new in 2008. At the time, I loved it. Since then, its various issues have worn down my support for the vehicle. Now I'm considering selling it even though it's still pretty new. The ride quality and road noise are getting to me, and the car lacks certain basic amenities like cruise control (my fault for getting the base model), adjustable intermittent length for the front wipers (that's right, it's every 4 seconds or nothing), and any intermittent setting for the rear wiper (it's either on or off).

clutch
By disapointed7 on 05/19/11 09:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had only 32 thousand miles and clutch went. My old hundai accent had 250 th on origional clutch. I do mostly highway driving. Dealership led me to believe it was a defect and would cost me nothing instead it cost well over a thousand dollars. Will never own another. Next car with be Hundai. The most reliable car I have ever owned. The accent had only a need for brakes, and tuneups. Had orgional stareter alternator tailpipe and muffler after 8 years and 250000 miles.

My fit fits me
By jim on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently took a trip from Lima Ohio to Middlesboro Ky and and back to Lima. I averaged 42.1 MPG. for the trip, with my 2008 5 speed manual Fit.

I love this car.
By Elaine_Avalon on 11/28/09 09:52 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! The Fit's excellent for road trips. It holds so much! CD player, excellent mileage, comfortable seats, not too much road noise, huge amount of space, the jack thing that you can charge your phone with... The only annoying thing is the lack of a vanity mirror for the passenger. Honestly, who applies makeup while driving? And besides, you're supposed to be concentrating on the road, not your appearance.

Great car for your money
By tim_s11 on 11/05/09 17:36 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used, and have had it for four months now. I love it. It is fun to drive around town. Easy to park. I love all the room inside. Great car to take on vacations. I'm getting almost 40 mpg on highway, and 35 in the city. We love to take it to the drive in and to lay in the back. It makes it easy to load up the mountain bikes and take off. It is the best car that I have bought.

Fit 2 Go
By Poopa on 03/06/09 07:29 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is like a "mini-SUV" it can hold anything and go anywhere. I especially love the great gas mileage and the ease of parking or maneuvering around. I live in the snow belt and after putting snow tires on this vehicle, I had no problems whatsoever, getting about. A great addition to any family!

1st Honda, Very Disappointed
By UnFit4Me on 12/10/08 10:02 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Rattly, horrid in snow, terrible AC/heat venting, windshield is impossible to keep clear in snow/ice, headlight covers hard to keep clear, terrible visibility, tire system needs dealer reprogramming for snow tires, poor door lock system, expensive key, ground clearance too low, fishtails in snow horribly, center vents TOO HIGH, blasting air in eyes, heat and A/C insufficient, gas pedal odd angle and stressful to keep in one position, rear window in rain, in short, in 5 months, too many dislikes - will be selling soon.

Fit for me.
By Clifton on 09/08/08 21:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Fit has been a great car so far. Not only do I average 32-33 miles per gallon (less on E10, unfortunately), the tight steering and quick shifter makes every drive enjoyable. With only 109 horsepower it's not a stoplight racer, but the 1.5 L mill is more than adequate for driving in the city and pulling the Fit's ~2600 lbs up to highway speeds. While it's no plush luxury car, the Fit's interior space belies its diminutive size, as four people can fit in the Fit in relative comfort. Then with a few clicks of the "magic seats" you can fill the car with furniture, boxes, etc.

No way 34 mpg -- more like 38 - 42 mpg!
By Dennis on 08/26/08 04:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Get the 5 spd stick - short throws it shifts like butter! As good as if not better than my Civic si which I sold to my son. I have driven 4200 miles. The car is beyond excellent! Combined street/highway the lowest mileage. With the a/c on is 37 mpg. One caveat. Drive the speed limit. No fast starts. Shift to the higher gear. You can easily be in 5th gear at 40 miles per hour. If you drive meticulously. I guarantee 39 - and I have many time average 41-42 mpg. I have owned the Accord, my wife has a Civic, my two sons each have a Civic si. But for excellent mileage. You cannot beat the Honda fit. Excellent build/ride/reliability. The car rocks. And I paid little over $14k tax included!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.