2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Gutless Wonder
By ronsbiz on 05/29/13 20:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Honda Fit in 2012 with 37,000 miles, and have since put 91,000 on it. Like some Honda's, this is a well built, functional car but not well engineered. I can't explain why Honda has a penchant for putting under-powered engines in their cars (like the 2.0L engine in early CR-V's), but here they did it again. 109 horsepower and 106 pounds of torque may be fine for over-taxed and over-regulated Europeans, but when you are competing with V-8's for lane space on American highways, 109 horse's relegates you to the slow lane. I understand the new Fit's have 117 horse's, but the vehicle has gotten bigger since 2008 as well,so you're back to square one. If Honda were to offer the 1.8L en

Excellent, Only Minor Complaints
By ozziepuppy on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome room inside and very creative use of space. Friend had leg surgery: We were able to put down the front seat (flat) & she sat in back with her leg completely extended. Transported a 9x12 rug with no problem. Got 42 mpg on a road trip out west. Minor complaints: the Sport trim hangs too low and gets scratched up easily. My fog lights have both broken twice (not protected enough?). No map lights. Road noise. Overall, though, a nearly perfect car in terms of economy, excellent use of space, being fun to drive, and (dare I say it?) basic cuteness. This is an AWESOME car for the price!!

Glad I got it....
By Gringotimo on 04/01/10 17:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Fit at the end of December and have driven it through ice, snow, rain, and dry. So far, I am completely satisfied in every way. As many reviews I read stated, it exceeds the stated gas mileage under all conditions. By driving around 65 mph, it usually gets around 37-38 mpg on the highway. No dragster, it still has enough pep to handle most situations easily. One of the few negatives I've noticed is the design of the rear roof posts. When backing out of a diagonal parking space, the one on the right rear corner obstructs the driver's view; not enough to be a hazard, more of a nuisance. Overall, it's a nice handling, comfortable, little car that feels like a much larger car.

Honda quality?
By Disappointed on 03/23/10 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Now that I have had the car for almost 2 years, I feel qualified to comment on it. The build quality is not what I would have expected from Honda. This is my first and likely last Honda due to the many silly little problems it has. CONS: 1) The clutch started chattering within 15K miles 2) There dash has rattles 3) The coolant is going somewhere unknown and requires refills every few weeks (no leaks to be found) 4) The shifter is notchy. It was not that way new. Sometimes hard to engage gear 5) The brakes make odd popping noises when first used after sitting all day or overnight PROS 1) Fuel economy is excellent (32 city) 2) Peppy for an economy car 3) Quick handling

2008 Honda Fit Sport
By Craig on 02/15/10 10:24 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall good car. Great 5sp manual transmission, good handling, lots of room for size and I've been getting 30mpg (winter) to 40 mpg (summer). Biggest complaint so far is the dashboard rattles. Brought into dealership once and they fix a rattle, but another quickly emerged on uneven pavement

Compare price & needs to price & wants
By Tammii on 02/10/10 09:15 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in a F150 for 2 fits, so of course the gas mileage is better. Its a good car, floor mats, cruise control, tinted windows, ipod connection all thrown in by dealer. Price wise is good. We pay the same payments for two fits as we did for the F150. Gas mileage good in the beginning, but dropped off majorly after 6 months of driving,in both cars. Tires are an issue. Almost as if they are out of balance, but after taking it to dealer, I was told the tires just need to warm up. Never heard of such a thing. Getting a second opinion on that one. Good car. Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.

Great car, a few quirks
By Jason on 10/14/09 08:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought brand new and now have 25k miles (lots of hwy miles the first yr). Overall, been a great little car. Haven't had any problems except a nagging dash rattle that comes and goes; very fun to drive. Tons of space for all my junk. I've crammed 3 mountain bikes along with people to ride them in it without much problem. Good stereo. Gas mileage is decent, I'm getting ~31 city, but that reflects my driving style. It has some quirks and lacks some features other modern cars have, but hey, it's an econobox. I would recommend to anyone who needs an inexpensive ride. Our first Honda, won't be the last.

Biggest Little Car Made
By John on 10/10/09 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. Easy to camp out of, haul strollers, and lumber alike. Some of the other reviews complain about MPG, mine is great. 36 to 40 MPG in town and 45 to 50 hwy every time. We have 35,000 trouble free miles. Stock tires are worn out already but they did excellent in snow and rain! First car I have ever owned - always had trucks and vans, but I have been able to haul everything the van did, still got my old truck though! Took the car camping and got it down the same trail all the 4x4's, only non truck at the camp site, buddies stop making fun of the Fit, well they have more respect anyway. I don't like that my leg hits the cup holders, but at 6'1" I am still comfortable.

Great car
By HondaFitdfw on 07/21/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car. In 11,000 miles I have never gotten less than 33.5 mpg in all-city driving. Highway avg. between 39-41 mpg. A very flexible design and is great fun to drive.

This special car ... "Fits!"
By Obie327 on 03/19/09 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven many cars in my day: legend, jetta, Fiat, Saturn, Toyota, etc... My car needs a good driving dynamics and personality. This car is all of that!: ergonomical, practical, efficient, responsive, spacious, peppy, and really fun. I feel like a citizen of the world when driving. Well thought out car. Get the armrest, tint, and a rubber liner for the trunk. I was impressed with winter driving, I mean having the gas tank closer to the front makes for better weight distribution (when full) for snow grip. (not ruling on tires yet) seats are wonderful for my back. Drove 1200 miles on a trip and never had any achy joints or anything! (just tired). Got over 40 mpg going 60+ mph. Great experience.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.