2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Gutless Wonder
By ronsbiz on 05/29/13 20:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Honda Fit in 2012 with 37,000 miles, and have since put 91,000 on it. Like some Honda's, this is a well built, functional car but not well engineered. I can't explain why Honda has a penchant for putting under-powered engines in their cars (like the 2.0L engine in early CR-V's), but here they did it again. 109 horsepower and 106 pounds of torque may be fine for over-taxed and over-regulated Europeans, but when you are competing with V-8's for lane space on American highways, 109 horse's relegates you to the slow lane. I understand the new Fit's have 117 horse's, but the vehicle has gotten bigger since 2008 as well,so you're back to square one. If Honda were to offer the 1.8L en

Over 4 years later, still love it and no problems!
By cyanosissaur on 01/30/13 08:38 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in June 2008 for the price, style, space, and gas mileage. They were hard to get a hold of in my area because of popularity at the time, so I got lucky when mine arrived on a truck that the dealer wasn't expecting. I still love it. Aside from routine maintenance, I've had no problems with the car. That's even after being hit by another driver two separate times, so most of the body has been repaired. I drive from Ohio to Connecticut a lot and don't have a problem on long trips or in the city. Sure, there's road noise, but what do you expect from a compact car for the price? The road noise gets worse as tires wear, so new and well kept tires make a big difference!

Reliable After 4 Years of Ownership
By strawberries on 09/20/12 12:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is our daily driver. We have had zero issues with this car. The car is still using the original light bulbs from day one! Just regular semi annual service at the dealership. This car can hold a lot of stuff with the seats folded down.

Fun & Practical, but...
By joshnbecki on 09/07/12 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is a cute, practical little car, but it seems to make a lot of compromises. I would expect a little better milage from the small, overly busy engine. The ride is rough with the Sport setup, harsh even, though this means it has GREAT handling...that the power can't live up to. Just another 20-30 hp would do the trick & more match the MPG. NEVER take it on a long drive--don't even think about it. The constant engine whine and wimpy attempts to get up hills, combined with supportive but rigid and uncomfortable seats, made worse by peddle position, will drive you NUTS.

Junk
By bbb15 on 12/12/11 20:19 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing about this car lives up to the hype. It shakes over 60mph, the clutch is horrible, and everything in the interior rattles while I drive. It feels cheap and is incredibly uncomfortable to drive. I've owned $500 cars that were far better. I very much regret buying this car.

Great if you only drive in the city
By lucarescigno on 05/24/11 08:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fit new in 2008. At the time, I loved it. Since then, its various issues have worn down my support for the vehicle. Now I'm considering selling it even though it's still pretty new. The ride quality and road noise are getting to me, and the car lacks certain basic amenities like cruise control (my fault for getting the base model), adjustable intermittent length for the front wipers (that's right, it's every 4 seconds or nothing), and any intermittent setting for the rear wiper (it's either on or off).

clutch
By disapointed7 on 05/19/11 09:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had only 32 thousand miles and clutch went. My old hundai accent had 250 th on origional clutch. I do mostly highway driving. Dealership led me to believe it was a defect and would cost me nothing instead it cost well over a thousand dollars. Will never own another. Next car with be Hundai. The most reliable car I have ever owned. The accent had only a need for brakes, and tuneups. Had orgional stareter alternator tailpipe and muffler after 8 years and 250000 miles.

I like the fit more than my old Civic
By ctscream on 03/06/11 13:37 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

When my 1999 Civic was stolen and would have cost too much money to repair I was heartbroken. I didn't have much money at the time and couldn't afford to buy a new Civic (and the new ones didn't appeal to me) so I started looking at more affordable cars but really didn't want anything but a Honda. The Fit was a perfect match for me. What made me attracted to it was the hatchback and extra trunk space because I barely ever have passengers. When I had the Civic it was always a pain to fit things in the trunk and fold the seats down with only 2 doors. It felt cramped especially with passengers in the back seat.

Honda Fit Sport 2008 very reliable
By tommyhonda71 on 02/26/11 12:20 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2008 Honda Fit Sport in January 2008. I've had it 3 yrs now and never had a problem. Rides very quite, handles awesome and is quick. Love the style and runs well on gas. I only have 15,000 miles over the 3 yrs.

Excellent, Only Minor Complaints
By ozziepuppy on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome room inside and very creative use of space. Friend had leg surgery: We were able to put down the front seat (flat) & she sat in back with her leg completely extended. Transported a 9x12 rug with no problem. Got 42 mpg on a road trip out west. Minor complaints: the Sport trim hangs too low and gets scratched up easily. My fog lights have both broken twice (not protected enough?). No map lights. Road noise. Overall, though, a nearly perfect car in terms of economy, excellent use of space, being fun to drive, and (dare I say it?) basic cuteness. This is an AWESOME car for the price!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.