2007 Honda Fit Consumer Review: Keeps on going.....

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Keeps on going.....
By fitgator on

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I last posted a review in 2010.
I still own this car and still love it.
Knock on wood, I still have never taken it in for a repair (just routine maint), and it has 150k on it.
I just calculated my mileage the other day, and, after driving some highway, some windy mtn roads, I was averaging 40.5 mpg!!!! That is amazing for a car of this age.
Yes, the interior (like the floor "carpet") can be a little shoddy, but the seats have held up fine.
When I wash it, it still looks like a new car.
I have the 5-speed (wouldn't have an automatic with a 1.5L engine), and I have plenty of power for highway passing and climbing hills.
When merging on the interstate, I can fly and blow past folks.

Gas mileage and reliability. The stock sound system is pretty good. Overall, it's comfy to drive. Plenty of engine power for such a small engine. While it may look small from the outside, inside it's huge. I have actually slept in this car with the back seats folded down. I am 6'0" and can lie diagonally and sleep in there. Really is an awesome car.

Better floor material. Also, as others have stated, the tires do wear quickly (I have been told by tire dealers that it's the Sport model tires that tend to wear quickly...maybe the base model doesn't have this problem?). Wish it could have a sunroof option.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review