2007 Honda Fit Consumer Review: Fit Flaws

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Fit Flaws
By SportFit on

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's all wrong ! The transmission setup is really awful. The gearing ratio into first gear and second result in a noticeable hesitation as the computer tries to match up with the short gear and the computer fuel delivery system. These tiny engine/trans crammed into a tiny space don't leave much room for clutch travel. Whereby we have a short time to ease the clutch out and get moving. The feel is not really smooth at all, and I have always enjoyed sticks. But in this car, get the auto and spare yourself the grief. This car even chatters backing up a hill. I am sorry I bought mine, it's very peppy and looks racy and cute, but I can't get comfortable with the transmission.

The seat storage versatility, flat floor, and large rear door, and don't forget the MPG.

How about we start using some plastic on the interior, dashboard, etc that doesn't scratch so dang easy. I mean kids have toys you can throw across the road and they don't show a mark. But get into the front seat with a backpack or purse and see what the zipper does to your glovebox door. Nice.