2007 Honda Fit 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Don't have to spend a

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Don't have to spend a ton for a good car
By FitLover on

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Sport model with 5-speed in Aug 2006. Have no complaints about its performance. I bought it for the gas mileage and it hasn't disappointed. In mixed driving, I still get about 35-36 mpg, and it has 80,000 miles on it now. Taken trips from ATL to: Memphis; Pennsylvania; WV (in winter); FL. Average about 41 mpg on these trips. Also haul around 3 kids. It may not be extra spacious for them, but you don't have to drive a gas-guzzling SUV when you have more than 1 child. I can't stand seeing big suburbans getting 10 mpg while my Fit hauls 3 kids just fine. So far, all is well with my Fit. I highly recommend it!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage (even after 80k miles). Seat configuration. Passing ability at hwy speeds (can fly around cars when I drop it down into 4th). Unlike editor's review, it's really not too loud at highway speeds. Even at 80 mph, it's still smooth as can be with no rattling.

Suggested Improvements

Only 2 things, wish it had a temperature gauge, only has an "H" light and a "C" light (luckily never seen the "H" light, fingers crossed). Second, on the sport model, the cost to replace the tires seems exorbitantly high, tire place told me that size wheel with directional tires costs a lot.