A Nice Fit
By LoveTexas on
2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I use my Fit to run around town, drive to work, get groceries, take short road trips (2 hrs), etc. Typically it's just me in the car but at least a few times a week I'm hauling two or three other tall adults along with me. I'm 6' 1" and the rest range between 5' 10" and 6'. Handling is responsive, engine is reliable, and fuel economy is great. The Fit usually gets between 30 and 32 mpg with a mixture of city and highway. However, I drive pretty aggressive so I'm very impressed considering my '03 Montero Sport averaged 16 to 17 mpg. Stereo works great but I'm not an audiophile. I wish the AC had a bit more cooling capacity but after getting darker window tinting this is not as big of an issue.
Favorite Features
I really appreciate the MP3 audio input. I love the storage capacity and how easy it is to change the seating configuration. I love how well the car handles both on city streets and on the highway. Feels safe and stable at 70mph. Love the look especially with the spoiler and sport rims.
Suggested Improvements
I think the great fuel economy would get a boost from a 6 speed manual instead of the 5 speed. And the engine noise would be less noticeable. At 70 the car's at 3500rpm. Or offer the 6 speed on the sport option. Would really love an arm rest. Kinda like the CRV, out of the side of the seat?