2007 Honda Fit 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 90K miles and counting

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

90K miles and counting
By volksheime on

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 90K mile on my fit since 4/06. Average 38.5mpg in summer, 33.5 in winter 90% highway. Cargo room is unbelievably useful and well designed - I put a water heater, car engine, tv boxes etc you do not need a truck. Sporty and fun to drive - nice dash instrumentation broke 2 windshields b/c of stress cracks, rattle in the dash started, wore factory tires out in 30K, tires rubbed and wore through the loose plastic fenderwell, rims have curbrash, drivers seat is tolerable but not the best, need a center armrest. Power steering acts up when cold out and American Honda wont replace it for free ($800 fix) even though there is a bulletin. I love my car for what it is.

Favorite Features

Unreal cargo room for the car size, good mileage, no engine/ trans problems yet, appearance, gauges, handling (but not in snow). I find it hard to beat a fun driving cargo hauler that gets 38mpg for 16K.

Suggested Improvements

Interior shows marks/dirt really bad, needs a 6th gear (Si version), needs armrest, needs some soundproofing, and a 100K B2B warranty for Honda people who crank on miles like me. Pedals too close together, windshield design, seat comfort is poor.