Used 2007 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

43 MPG!
By Phoebe's Mom

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Fit! Her name is Phoebe, because her color is Lunar Mist, and I decided that she should have a lunar name, so she is named after Saturn's 18th moon - Phoebe. Took a drive to friends, who live over 150 miles from me, and Phoebe got just under 43 MPG round trip! Called my mechanic to find out if this is possible. He said yes. I love this little car, and I couldn't be happier with it. If you are looking to get a great small car, you will not be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Easy to parallel park. Very spacious inside. Comfortable seats. Love the color!

Suggested Improvements

Smaller back headrests. I removed mine to improve vision out of rear window. (I know they did this with the newer Fits, so that's been handled.)

Should've been a "Jazz".
By Joe P

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I previously reviewed my Fit on 4/20/07. Since then not much has changed except for one very disappointing thing. In cold weather there is a spectacularly annoying rattle coming from the center dash. Very unHonda-like! Of course this is my only real complaint. Overall I love this car. It's a blast to drive. As a matter of fact driving my Fit in Chicago is (dare I say it?) almost fun. The utility in this car is amazing. I've had a lawn mower, a weed wacker (both Hondas), 8 bags of mulch and fertilizer and all sorts of small plants in the back. All delivered in one trip. Who needs an SUV?

Favorite Features

As before, there's no one feature that really stands out. The whole package is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to identify the cause of that rattle and offer a fix. From reading several blogs I know I'm not the only one with that problem. Oh, and one more thing. Where's my Fit Si?

Greatest small car ever
By Sam

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We had to unexpectedly buy a new car when our Chevy Malibu developed fatal issues. The Fit was on my short list of replacements. I found one certified preowned and jumped on it. It is easily the best, most enjoyable car I've ever owned. The interior room is nothing short of amazing. I'm 6'2", so whether I can fit into a car is a big concern for me. The Fit is a little snug, but not uncomfortable in the least. It literally zips around like a big go-kart; the power from such a small engine was a pleasant surprise. I'm still on my first tank of gas, but so far it appears to be getting around 40 MPG highway.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, fun to drive factor, interior room, overall vehicle quality

Suggested Improvements

Armrest would be nice.

Love my Fit!
By Gil

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great fun car to drive. Handles well for a small car. Very roomy inside and lots of cargo space with rear seats folded. Averaging 40-42 mpg highway. Looks are deceiving from the outside, handles like a mid size from the inside. Lots of head room.

Favorite Features

Cargo space, folding rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Sport steeling wheel has lumps on each lower side, very uncomfortable on the hands. Front end is a bit too close to the ground.

Sporty and fun, with a few glitches
By Cathy

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

The stiff sport suspension lets you feel every nuance of the road, making this little car seem fast and responsive. It gets in and out of tight spots easily, making parking a breeze. The interior is bigger than it looks from the outside, and the flexible seat arrangements are genius.

Favorite Features

The optional cargo mat and all-weather floor mats are awesome if you live in muddy/snowy places. The paddle shifters are great for engine braking. The AUX in jack lets me hook up my music player. The placement of the tweeters high on the door (where you can hear them) is perfect.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like: a CD player that doesn't glitch when it gets below 32F, stronger paint, a better battery, a center armrest, more 12V sockets, stronger floor mat clips, non-scratching plastic over the gauges, a dead pedal, a glove box that won't bang my knees when open, a locking gas cap