2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews 6

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
The Fit fits every need
By georgia on 07/01/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We get 30-32 mpg city & 37-38 hwy. Fast, sporty, cute. Good going up mts. & narrow roads. Lots of room in front & back seats. We weigh 290 lbs. & 195 lbs. & have no problem getting in/out of the car. Love the headrests turning backwards. Put new brake pads & rotors on after 65,000 miles. Great car! Uncomfortable on long drive. Stop every 2-3 hrs. To rest our backs. We stopped in our caddy, too. No regrets.

Have a fit
By Tif on 06/23/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love my fit, it's fun to drive, excellent performance and steering. I can fit as much in the back as I did in my truck. I do wish the gas tank was a few gallons larger though.

perfect for me
By cl on 06/18/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Fit is fantastic. I needed something fuel efficient, and something to transport dogs and bikes. I looked at other hatchbacks, new and used, and this seemed like the most bang for the buck, even brand new. I was in awe at the amount of interior space for such a tiny-looking car. With the back seats folded flat, I can fit 2 bikes, luggage, 2 dogs and 2 people! I can also fit both dogs in the back/hatchback area and 4 people in the car simultaneously. I have friends that borrow the Fit to move furniture (chairs, dressers) - something typically reserved for trucks, but the Fit can handle it!

Not as good as a '95 Tercel.
By Court Owen on 06/13/08 22:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've had four new Hondas over the years plus one Prelude I bought used. I thought I could trust Honda to build a good car. Wrong. My wife's car is a (shorter) '95 Tercel 2-DR automatic. The mileage is low on the Fit because the Tercel is more fun to drive for all small-load trips, both grocery- store and X-country. Here's why: Seats too low; no lumbar support; paddled steering wheel uncomfortable; body too wide (turn radius, parking, traffic); ride jittery and steering too quick (needs constant attention on frwy); instruments poor, and disappear in sunlight; fast cornering not fun; windshield posts too thick (pedestrians); transmission gasps; mileage mediocre. The brakes are good.

Love my Red Fit
By Jeff on 06/10/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Love my fit. Great economy. drives a whole lot like my 2000 Miata, this just a great car

My little Fit that can
By donaldchudsonjr on 06/09/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I currently have 23,000 miles on my Fit Base model that I purchased for my wife in September 2007. I have had no issues period with this car. It has made several east coast trips in the last few months. One trip down to FL averaged 42 MPG (with a tail wind)!!! That is just as good as my 1996 Civic CX that has 420,000 miles. The ABS system in this car is awesome, even while trailering to motorcycles. I made my own trailer hitch and have been moving everything I own down to FL, much cheaper than renting a truck. The interior is extremely comfortable, and the ride feels sporty even while lacking the get up and go to match it. All in all a great quality car well worth my cash.

I love my car
By Demifate on 05/30/08 20:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I keep saying that "I love my car". My family is sick of it. I ran my fit to the empty line on gas. With air conditioning blaring on high all the time, it gets 25/30. With it on low most the time, I got 34/36 mpg. Yes, 36 mpg while commuting highway! It took over a year for my Fit to even show decent gas mileage, but they dealer had warned me about this, and knowing a great number mechanics and tow companies helped with not hading ridiculous expectations. It runs well, and with constant upkeep and regular checkups it shifts perfectly, and does not pull as a few other reviews have said. Keep your tire pressure up properly, and the noise goes away too.

First Car Purchase
By Tim Mendoza on 05/29/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love driving my '07 Honda Fit Sport 5AT. I gets great gas mileage & can park anywhere

My fit
By jbadams on 05/19/08 16:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Great sporty little car. A lot of interior room.Looks small on the outside but a lot on the inside. I put a 8 ft book case in back. The car handles excellent. Great cornering ans stability.The gas mileage less than advertised.30 mpg on highway and about 26 in town. Still ok but a lot less than advertised. In the winter time the windows fog up very easily. Very frustrating.

Versatile, Zippy and Reliable
By Sable on 05/09/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Fit! I live in the city, and the Fit's small size makes parking a breeze. But, I'm also a performer and I need to haul all manner of costumes, props and set pieces to and from shows. Despite the Fit's deceptively small exterior, I can pack a TON into the back. And, when I'm not hauling a full load of cargo, my two dogs and I pile in and we can zip around town. My only criticism is in regards to gas mileage. I've never achieved the 31-38 mpg range advertised. I average about 26 mpg in the city and (if I'm lucky!) 30 mpg on the highway. Other than that- no complaints at all!