Used 2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Fit Flaws
By SportFit

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's all wrong ! The transmission setup is really awful. The gearing ratio into first gear and second result in a noticeable hesitation as the computer tries to match up with the short gear and the computer fuel delivery system. These tiny engine/trans crammed into a tiny space don't leave much room for clutch travel. Whereby we have a short time to ease the clutch out and get moving. The feel is not really smooth at all, and I have always enjoyed sticks. But in this car, get the auto and spare yourself the grief. This car even chatters backing up a hill. I am sorry I bought mine, it's very peppy and looks racy and cute, but I can't get comfortable with the transmission.

Favorite Features

The seat storage versatility, flat floor, and large rear door, and don't forget the MPG.

Suggested Improvements

How about we start using some plastic on the interior, dashboard, etc that doesn't scratch so dang easy. I mean kids have toys you can throw across the road and they don't show a mark. But get into the front seat with a backpack or purse and see what the zipper does to your glovebox door. Nice.

Not in love with it
By RockyRaccoon

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive (in good weather) and gets great mileage, but beware of driving it in the rain or snow. It just doesn't handle snow and ice like all the other Hondas that I've owned since 1974. I actually had to have it towed once and the snow wasn't really that deep. Tires are expensive and hard to find. A big part of the money you save in gas goes towards maintenance and tires. $$$ I should have purchased a Civic.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, easy to parallel park.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires, bigger tires, better handling in bad weather.

Balanced
By vin

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Has been 1.5 years and still running well. I like its practicality, roomy interior and simple dash layout make it easy to control - too simple that it looks a bit dull. Good engine performance for its class, although the AC lacks it sometimes (good maintenance would be to minimize it). Having much trouble with its huge front pillar, making a blind spot when turning.

Favorite Features

magic seat, fuel econ, easy to park

Suggested Improvements

Resize the front pillar! It makes a huge blind spot.

Tundra to FIT= easier than it looks
By Florida Fit

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I went from a Tundra to a Fit. The savings on gas alone is close to the monthly payment. Being able to fold the seats flat I have been able to fit everything that I have needed to. It is a surprisingly fun car to drive and I can fit the kids and enough stuff for a long weekend. Only complaint is a creaking sound from the dash.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, fold flat seats, Ipod jack.

Suggested Improvements

A rear 12V power outlet, better carpet.

Bumpy Ride
By nic815

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is not good if you are planning to have children, you cant fit the stroller in the trunk with many grocery bags. The back seat is small and with the car seat you can only fit one adult. There is not much leg room for a tall man in the passenger seat, your knees hit the dash board. Unless you live where the roads are paved smooth this car isn't for you, if you go over a pebble it feels like you wrecked the car. I didn't know the tires didn't have locks, and some low life robbed all my alloy wheels and tires, cost 1,000.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, ipod jack

Suggested Improvements

More leg room, the radio is better in a Ford Focus, so, better radio, better suspension, ride is too bumpy. Needs arm rest.