Used 2007 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Don't buy this car!
By Roch53

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is awful. I feel so unsafe in this car plus it is so uncomfortable and I am very short. The car rattles and the mechanics can't find the problem. Gas mileage is not what they say it is. The tires that come with the car do not last. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Stop manufacturing this car

Un-Fit
By eddie.b

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We drove 2 new Civic manual trans for 12 yrs each with no problems. As for the Fit: Wire harness recall. Starter motor replaced at 34,000 m. Broken front axle, and manual trans. replaced at 39,000. We've lived in the same place since 1984, same driving conditions, same avg. miles per yr. Fit's a relatively new model, and its reliability hasn't really been tested until now. We'll soon know if the car's Fit to be called a Honda.

Favorite Features

Storage capacity. Fuel economy. Interior quality.

Suggested Improvements

Mechanical! In over 25 years experience with Hondas, only the Fit has been proven to be unreliable. And it's not cheap compared with other cars in its class.

Love the car, hate the noise
By WallabysDad

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I test drove the Fit, I listened for road noise/cabin noise because I drive quite a bit. I should have driven the car longer. The cabin noise is simply overwhelming at times. I will consider other tires to see if this helps, but the noise is so loud, it makes the car feel cheap and tinny. Don't get me wrong: I love this car - I just can't stand the amount of road noise I hear. And my wife doesn't like the stereo playing at full blast in order to drown it out!

Favorite Features

The MPG is fantastic, but I mostly love the maneuverablity, handling, and ability to park just about anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Honda has to address the cabin noise. Simply saying that it is to be expected in a car at this price is a lame excuse. If it doesn't improve, this will sadly be my last Honda.

Best mpg I've ever seen
By solarpete

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I get 40 mpg on the hi-way! If it is cooler in the season and the a/c doesn't need to be on that little car is great. It will drop down to about 37 mpg hi-way with the a/c turned on. I'm planning on driving it up to NE Georiga next month, so the truth will be known on the mpg then, but It's great to fill it up on a meer 10.00 while others are laying out 20-50 dollar per fill up

Suggested Improvements

Wish it has a bit more leg room since I'm 6'4" Wish the parts on a 2009-2010 would fit on a 2007. I just love those new back seats

Great people and cargo hauler
By Alex

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

After 3 years and 25k miles, I haven't had to change a thing, not even the windshield wiper rubber! It lives up to the Honda reputation. Ample room and flexible seat arrangements allows you to carry big or long items, saving the cost of buying a truck. Its headroom is larger than most SUV and midsize cars.

Favorite Features

Utility. I once put in a 4 feet plant in it at upright position, which amazed people around me.

Suggested Improvements

I'd love it to be a larger car and feel more robust. Honda offers FRV (or Edix) in Europe and some Asian nations, which is a "Civic-based Fit". The car seats 6, and is as versatile as Fit. I wonder why it is n/a in my nation. It would save me the money for a van.