2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
A Nice Fit
By LoveTexas on 02/04/09 11:17 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I use my Fit to run around town, drive to work, get groceries, take short road trips (2 hrs), etc. Typically it's just me in the car but at least a few times a week I'm hauling two or three other tall adults along with me. I'm 6' 1" and the rest range between 5' 10" and 6'. Handling is responsive, engine is reliable, and fuel economy is great. The Fit usually gets between 30 and 32 mpg with a mixture of city and highway. However, I drive pretty aggressive so I'm very impressed considering my '03 Montero Sport averaged 16 to 17 mpg. Stereo works great but I'm not an audiophile. I wish the AC had a bit more cooling capacity but after getting darker window tinting this is not as big of an issue.

Honda's little roller skate!
By Yormsane on 01/08/09 21:15 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Fit is a great urban runabout that was purchased to replace a 2002 Corolla. Reliability has been 100% over the first 30,000 miles. Comfortable front seats, easy gear change with the 5-speed stickshift. Engine is a bit short on torque, but then it's only a 1.5 liter. The OEM Dunlop tires were awful, and only lasted 18,000 rough and noisy miles. The replacement set of Coopers have been much smoother, quieter and better in the snow. Honda's fueling systems are so good that the car runs at 3,000 feet or 11,000 feet without any discernible difference. Would have bought the base model, but cruise control was not available - even as an option.

Fun like a go cart
By rodney on 10/20/08 10:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive. had it since mid 06 sometime. Was trading in my explore for a accord or civic when they were putting them on the showroom floor. Was impressed with them and bought the first one from that dealership. Have been happy with it every since. Have had it on a 3400 mile and 2 2200 mile trips. Love it. have 43,000 mile on it. I use Royal Purple oil because i believe there is no better oil. Have done nothing to it. Kept my tires checked and oil change. My wife drives it instead of our Accord 6 cyl. She love it.

Great commuter car
By BW on 09/28/08 05:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving my car for almost two years now, putting 100 miles daily. I love it. Fit is efficient and reliable. I waited 5 months for this car, back then it was "a new thing on a market". I already know it from Europe - they also loved it there. I put a lot of highway miles daily but it is no so big expense anymore. I easily get 40 mpg. It is surprisingly spacious inside - I often have a full trunk and things fit easily. Everything works well. The only thing I had to replace was tires, after 36,000.There is one thing that I don't like - the noise of the engine inside the car.

2 Years, No Complaint !
By Al G on 09/09/08 22:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I had this car for 2 years and have put 20,000 miles on it. It haven't had any problem except for 2 very minor issues, such as rear window wiper cable disconnection. Those are easy fix. Best looking and mileage among all sub-compact cars. Honda builds great cars and manages their service shops very well. This is my 3rd post on this car for Edmunds.

like it so far
By vtfit on 08/18/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a new Fit in 2007. So far we've seen an incredible savings in gas: anywhere from 32-38. Zoomy, responsive. Seats are a bit cheap and uncomfortable on long drives. We bring a pillow to sit on. Driver's legroom is not great for tall people. My husband is just 6 feet and needs the pillow to give his legs another few inches. Not many bells and whistles but that's not why we bought it. Very dependable so far. Great cargo space. We have been able to fit a TON of stuff in the back when you put the seats down. We joke that we can "fit" it in any parking space and we can "fit" anything into it. Handled well in the Vermont snow. Backseat is not super roomy but it's not terrible.

Best in its class and then some
By eldaino on 08/13/08 13:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is everything you can ask for in a small, fuel efficient vehicle. and then it goes a step further. it offered handling and steering feel that is superior to the civic ex coupe and is trounced only by the si in terms of handling prowess. The controls are logically placed, the interior is top notch and a few steps ahead of all the cars in its class, that being that it also the oldest design. Economy is great, i average 33mpg mixed spirited driving, and maintenance has been very cheap. no major issues so far, as is typical in a Honda. Other sub 17k cars make you feel embarrassed or even bad getting into them everyday. You look forward to the drive with the Fit.

great value
By Missouri Breaks on 08/03/08 12:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

12 months and 60,000 miles. I think it's broken in. It is what I expected it to be. Get 40 mpg when I drive like an old man. My highway mileage is closer to 35 mpg. The ride is on a par with my Mustang GT. The workmanship is ok. The power is about what is expected from a 90 ci engine. I will say the acceleration is about like my old Buick 225's. 455 vs 90 ci. I'll take the 90. Passing? Chose the right gear, keep the rev's up and it does ok. Center armrest? Get a big, long, round pillow. A/C can't keep up? Tint the windows. Doesn't perform like you wish? It is what it is. Pretty darn good car, especially when you look at the price. Cheap carpet? Oh well, look at the price.

Lots of Fun!
By alawabla on 07/20/08 17:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We have now owned our Fit for 14 months and are very pleased with it. Sold our 2004 CR-V, which about 21 mpg, and purchased the Fit. This is my wife's car and she absolutely loves the Vivid Blue color. Her driving is about 50/50 city/highway and she averages about 33 mpg AND SHE DRIVES WITH A LEAD FOOT. No mechanical problems to date. We love it.

2nd review Honda FIT
By Joan on 07/11/08 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

2nd review now that owned a year. 40+ hwy mileage, 26-29 city. Previous mileage problems now blamed on gas pumps. Car is stylish, very comfortable-great seats but don't clean easily with very nice interior design. Car has much more storage room than one thinks with very versatile interior. Front of car is very very low and often hits. Front of car is not visible so cannot judge distance and will hit parking blocks. Car has no pick up but then gets the mileage. The ride is comfortable for such a small car and handles nicely and zips right along on long trips. Load maximum is 850 which isn't much and wasn't discussed. Paint seems to mark easily and is necessary to wash with care.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.