Used 2007 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

A Great Car With A Few Flaws
By CF

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love my car. I love the Electric Blue color, the size, the interior space & driving it. It is absolutely amazing how much you can fit inside. It's also roomy & comfortable for all the passengers. The gas mileage is great at 33-40 mpg depending on city/hwy, how close it is to needing an oil change or if the AC is running. A few things have bothered me: the fact that the AC is auto on with the defrost, my dome light burned out at 45000 miles (I've never replaced this in any other car (even over 150K miles), the paint scratches really easily, no front car mats & the tires did wear quickly as others have said. Overall I'm happy with this car, except maybe should've gotten the Sport instead.

Color: Electric Blue, Ease of parking in any space, Interior space & capacity, Seats & how they can be positioned in different ways, MPG, Maintenance Minder, Hatchback

Maintenance minder, tires, front floor mats, optional AC with defrost, better quality dome light, Cost for maintenance seems ridiculous @ dealers & inconsistency with dealers maintenance schedule vs. Honda's. Radio antenna doesn't get as good reception as previous cars.

Don't buy this car!
By Roch53

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is awful. I feel so unsafe in this car plus it is so uncomfortable and I am very short. The car rattles and the mechanics can't find the problem. Gas mileage is not what they say it is. The tires that come with the car do not last. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

None

Stop manufacturing this car

Un-Fit
By eddie.b

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We drove 2 new Civic manual trans for 12 yrs each with no problems. As for the Fit: Wire harness recall. Starter motor replaced at 34,000 m. Broken front axle, and manual trans. replaced at 39,000. We've lived in the same place since 1984, same driving conditions, same avg. miles per yr. Fit's a relatively new model, and its reliability hasn't really been tested until now. We'll soon know if the car's Fit to be called a Honda.

Storage capacity. Fuel economy. Interior quality.

Mechanical! In over 25 years experience with Hondas, only the Fit has been proven to be unreliable. And it's not cheap compared with other cars in its class.

Love the car, hate the noise
By WallabysDad

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I test drove the Fit, I listened for road noise/cabin noise because I drive quite a bit. I should have driven the car longer. The cabin noise is simply overwhelming at times. I will consider other tires to see if this helps, but the noise is so loud, it makes the car feel cheap and tinny. Don't get me wrong: I love this car - I just can't stand the amount of road noise I hear. And my wife doesn't like the stereo playing at full blast in order to drown it out!

The MPG is fantastic, but I mostly love the maneuverablity, handling, and ability to park just about anywhere.

Honda has to address the cabin noise. Simply saying that it is to be expected in a car at this price is a lame excuse. If it doesn't improve, this will sadly be my last Honda.

Best mpg I've ever seen
By solarpete

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I get 40 mpg on the hi-way! If it is cooler in the season and the a/c doesn't need to be on that little car is great. It will drop down to about 37 mpg hi-way with the a/c turned on. I'm planning on driving it up to NE Georiga next month, so the truth will be known on the mpg then, but It's great to fill it up on a meer 10.00 while others are laying out 20-50 dollar per fill up

Wish it has a bit more leg room since I'm 6'4" Wish the parts on a 2009-2010 would fit on a 2007. I just love those new back seats

• SUV