2007 Honda Fit Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2007 Fit Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Sort Reviews by

Fun car, big enough for the kids!
By Katy Lopez

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

What a great car! Superb handling and smooth ride. Awesome styling, interior and exterior, lots of room. My two young daughers can sit comfortably in the back with enough room inbetween them for their toys. The best part is, it's a fun, young car...not a boring minivan :) Definitely the best car I have owned (and I've had 2 other Hondas).

Favorite Features

Powerful stereo system, nice gauge display, really comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller rear headrests as they do obstruct visibility slightly.

Nice little ride
By carfanatic

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The MT Fit Sport is a nice little ride. It handles superbly, like a sports car. Pick-up is good for a 1.5 litre engine. Build quality is excellent. This is a great little car.

Favorite Features

Build quality, manual transmission, color.

Suggested Improvements

Center Arm Rest.

What a CAR!!!!
By Jason

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is the best car I ever bought. Everything about this ride rocks. There is so much space inside. Everyone should buy one. The interior is incredible. The outside is stylish. The gas mileage is incredible. What's not to like. Well, I guess the 109 hp engine is the only down side... but, that equals the rocking gas mileage. Buy one... you won't regret it.

Favorite Features

Everything... there is nothing I don't like.

Suggested Improvements

Put a 750 hp engine in the next sport model... maybe 4 wheel drive with a 12" lift kit. That will show those Hummer bums who's boss!!!

Great car but missing some stuff
By gerard

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ok...I traded my car for this one just a few days ago. Believe it or not, I had an '05 Acura RSX Type-S. I wanted the extra room and the gas mileage as well as a more user friendly package and lower insurance rates. I was impressed with everything with this FIT. The instrument cluster is BETTER than the RSX, there's a ton more room, and the ingress and degress is what sold me. Power is lacking but that's what's sacraficed for MPG.

Favorite Features

Love the look, packaging of interior, seat configuration, MP3 standard, Accessory jack for iPod included, fog lights included, peppy for only 109 hp, runs on regular unleaded, eye catcher.

Suggested Improvements

Add the following: , driver's armrest, map lights, driver's left foot rest, make floormats standard, availability of XM or Sirius, express up and down for all windows, centre consol storage, power outlet for back seat or ad another one somewhere else.

"Perfect" Fit
By Shelbydel

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love the FIT. I have had my FIT for 2 weeks now and it is a Perfect FIT for me and my daughter. Drives like a dream and the room inside is incredible! I have a 30 mile commute each way and it has made getting to and from work FUN. The gas mileage is wonderful! I average 35 mtg. GREAT car for the money!!!

Favorite Features

the ease of driving a 5 speed again and the room!!!

Suggested Improvements

larger gas tank, less trips to the gas station.

Just Starting
By Orange Blossom

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is an excellent economical car with high quality features. Little engine that can, does the job. Excellent handling and braking characteristics with a firm ride on rough roads. Great head and legroom front and rear. Very good space with flexible interior for carrying wide variety of stuff. Interesting maintenance reminders via the screen which also tells you how well your oil and filter are performing.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage and flexible interior space with headroom and legroom for both front and rear occupants. Great safety with ten airbags and side impact protection protecting both front and rear passengers.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a driver's seat with height adjustment and better lumbar support.

Love the car, but not the MPG
By Maksimka

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Was looking for a car that will be easy on the wallet and high fun and convenience. This car fit's the bill, and overall I am very happy with it. One disappointment is gas mileage, I only get 24MPG in the City instead of the promised 31 and with a 10 gallon tank that means that you have to fill up about every 200 miles.

Favorite Features

Because of it's size, chances of finding a parking at least triple. This car has the spare horsepower when you need make a sudden dash to beat the light or to merge into Belt Parkway on an uphill. Larger interior than cars twice its size.

Suggested Improvements

Car only does 24 MPG instead of the promissed 31 in the City, and it only has a 10 gallon tank. Mirrors are very poorly located, there is a huge blind spot on the right side

I love my Fit!!!
By nwlove

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a Honda Fit! My main goal was to get better fuel efficiency for my two hour a day commute. The Fit has really paid off! I averaged 34 miles to the gallon on my first tank, which will only get better as the engine breaks in:) I have two children and we aren't having any problems finding room for everyone and their stuff! The Fit rides smooth, looks great, and is all around fun to drive! The AUX jack that comes standard on the Sport model was also a plus! Honda really thought this vehicle out before releasing it, it's got it all!

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the paddle shifters, the AUX jack for my ipod, and the blaze orange metallic paint!

Suggested Improvements

If I could add one thing to the Fit it would be an arm rest! I've never owned a car that didn't have arm rests on the front seats. I'm getting used to it now, but it was irritating at first.

My FIT is GO!
By mathprof

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

So far, the Fit is GO! I live in a rural area, and even when carrying 4 other teenage boys to the skatepark up a good hill, no problem!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the price I pay at the pump...when I have to go!

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof, ski rack, locking gas cap, headlight adjusters (like on the Jazz)

The Perfect FIT
By happy

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm happier with this car in the one week that I've owned it than I was with my Beetle... the first car that I ever loved:) This car is much more practical for today's varied needs. The design puts safety first, and flexibility a close second. This car can be set up like a computer lounge or a comfortable ride for the dogs... I can't say enough good things about it! Also, I just went on a 400 mile trip and was comfortable the entire time listening to my Ipod through the 200 watt speakers... was never bothered with engine noise or felt like I needed to 'stand up and shake out my legs' from sitting too long. And I was smiling at the gas station!

Favorite Features

Seat configuration - make anyone happy...even the dogs!

Suggested Improvements

I'm not crazy about the fabric on the door panels. My dogs jump up to look out the window and fabric is harder to clean than plastic after a day at the park...