2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Don't buy this car!
By Roch53 on 09/20/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is awful. I feel so unsafe in this car plus it is so uncomfortable and I am very short. The car rattles and the mechanics can't find the problem. Gas mileage is not what they say it is. The tires that come with the car do not last. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Un-Fit
By eddie.b on 09/18/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We drove 2 new Civic manual trans for 12 yrs each with no problems. As for the Fit: Wire harness recall. Starter motor replaced at 34,000 m. Broken front axle, and manual trans. replaced at 39,000. We've lived in the same place since 1984, same driving conditions, same avg. miles per yr. Fit's a relatively new model, and its reliability hasn't really been tested until now. We'll soon know if the car's Fit to be called a Honda.

Love the car, hate the noise
By WallabysDad on 09/04/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I test drove the Fit, I listened for road noise/cabin noise because I drive quite a bit. I should have driven the car longer. The cabin noise is simply overwhelming at times. I will consider other tires to see if this helps, but the noise is so loud, it makes the car feel cheap and tinny. Don't get me wrong: I love this car - I just can't stand the amount of road noise I hear. And my wife doesn't like the stereo playing at full blast in order to drown it out!

Best mpg I've ever seen
By solarpete on 08/01/09 21:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I get 40 mpg on the hi-way! If it is cooler in the season and the a/c doesn't need to be on that little car is great. It will drop down to about 37 mpg hi-way with the a/c turned on. I'm planning on driving it up to NE Georiga next month, so the truth will be known on the mpg then, but It's great to fill it up on a meer 10.00 while others are laying out 20-50 dollar per fill up

Great people and cargo hauler
By Alex on 07/27/09 22:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

After 3 years and 25k miles, I haven't had to change a thing, not even the windshield wiper rubber! It lives up to the Honda reputation. Ample room and flexible seat arrangements allows you to carry big or long items, saving the cost of buying a truck. Its headroom is larger than most SUV and midsize cars.

Fit Flaws
By SportFit on 07/03/09 23:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's all wrong ! The transmission setup is really awful. The gearing ratio into first gear and second result in a noticeable hesitation as the computer tries to match up with the short gear and the computer fuel delivery system. These tiny engine/trans crammed into a tiny space don't leave much room for clutch travel. Whereby we have a short time to ease the clutch out and get moving. The feel is not really smooth at all, and I have always enjoyed sticks. But in this car, get the auto and spare yourself the grief. This car even chatters backing up a hill. I am sorry I bought mine, it's very peppy and looks racy and cute, but I can't get comfortable with the transmission.

Not in love with it
By RockyRaccoon on 06/22/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive (in good weather) and gets great mileage, but beware of driving it in the rain or snow. It just doesn't handle snow and ice like all the other Hondas that I've owned since 1974. I actually had to have it towed once and the snow wasn't really that deep. Tires are expensive and hard to find. A big part of the money you save in gas goes towards maintenance and tires. $$$ I should have purchased a Civic.

Balanced
By vin on 06/06/09 07:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Has been 1.5 years and still running well. I like its practicality, roomy interior and simple dash layout make it easy to control - too simple that it looks a bit dull. Good engine performance for its class, although the AC lacks it sometimes (good maintenance would be to minimize it). Having much trouble with its huge front pillar, making a blind spot when turning.

Tundra to FIT= easier than it looks
By Florida Fit on 06/03/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I went from a Tundra to a Fit. The savings on gas alone is close to the monthly payment. Being able to fold the seats flat I have been able to fit everything that I have needed to. It is a surprisingly fun car to drive and I can fit the kids and enough stuff for a long weekend. Only complaint is a creaking sound from the dash.

Bumpy Ride
By nic815 on 06/01/09 18:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

This car is not good if you are planning to have children, you cant fit the stroller in the trunk with many grocery bags. The back seat is small and with the car seat you can only fit one adult. There is not much leg room for a tall man in the passenger seat, your knees hit the dash board. Unless you live where the roads are paved smooth this car isn't for you, if you go over a pebble it feels like you wrecked the car. I didn't know the tires didn't have locks, and some low life robbed all my alloy wheels and tires, cost 1,000.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.