2007 Honda Fit Sport Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2007 Fit Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Sort Reviews by

Keeps on going.....
By fitgator

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I last posted a review in 2010. I still own this car and still love it. Knock on wood, I still have never taken it in for a repair (just routine maint), and it has 150k on it. I just calculated my mileage the other day, and, after driving some highway, some windy mtn roads, I was averaging 40.5 mpg!!!! That is amazing for a car of this age. Yes, the interior (like the floor "carpet") can be a little shoddy, but the seats have held up fine. When I wash it, it still looks like a new car. I have the 5-speed (wouldn't have an automatic with a 1.5L engine), and I have plenty of power for highway passing and climbing hills. When merging on the interstate, I can fly and blow past folks.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and reliability. The stock sound system is pretty good. Overall, it's comfy to drive. Plenty of engine power for such a small engine. While it may look small from the outside, inside it's huge. I have actually slept in this car with the back seats folded down. I am 6'0" and can lie diagonally and sleep in there. Really is an awesome car.

Suggested Improvements

Better floor material. Also, as others have stated, the tires do wear quickly (I have been told by tire dealers that it's the Sport model tires that tend to wear quickly...maybe the base model doesn't have this problem?). Wish it could have a sunroof option.

Don't have to spend a ton for a good car
By FitLover

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Sport model with 5-speed in Aug 2006. Have no complaints about its performance. I bought it for the gas mileage and it hasn't disappointed. In mixed driving, I still get about 35-36 mpg, and it has 80,000 miles on it now. Taken trips from ATL to: Memphis; Pennsylvania; WV (in winter); FL. Average about 41 mpg on these trips. Also haul around 3 kids. It may not be extra spacious for them, but you don't have to drive a gas-guzzling SUV when you have more than 1 child. I can't stand seeing big suburbans getting 10 mpg while my Fit hauls 3 kids just fine. So far, all is well with my Fit. I highly recommend it!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage (even after 80k miles). Seat configuration. Passing ability at hwy speeds (can fly around cars when I drop it down into 4th). Unlike editor's review, it's really not too loud at highway speeds. Even at 80 mph, it's still smooth as can be with no rattling.

Suggested Improvements

Only 2 things, wish it had a temperature gauge, only has an "H" light and a "C" light (luckily never seen the "H" light, fingers crossed). Second, on the sport model, the cost to replace the tires seems exorbitantly high, tire place told me that size wheel with directional tires costs a lot.

Love it all except
By SJD

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The driver's front seat can be a bit harsh on long trips. I am over 6 Ft tall and it takes some getting used to the lack of comfort. Buy a K&N Drop In Filter, I drive 90% highway and got a TRUE 42 MPG on my last tank doing 70 MPH. Buy an armrest on ebay ($50 bucks), best investment in the world for this car. Everything else is great as far as driving, was skeptical based on reviews here but I have seen none of the problems others have posted. MINOR DISLIKES: Taching 3500+ RPM at 70 MPH, Drivers seat needs to go back farther, not enough interior lighting, seats attract every piece of fuzz. See, I said they were minor.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage-If you get less than 37 MPG in this thing, there is something wrong, stereo is great for an economy car, gear box is very precise and fun to shift, lots of room for stuff, interior gauges are sweet

Suggested Improvements

Really should have a 6th gear, if there was a 6th gear, this thing would easily obtain 50 MPG or better, more comfortable seats, make armrest standard

Internal Door Rust - Door Lock Failures
By JES_MA

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have garaged my FIT nightly and weekends in Massachusetts. My driver's side rear door after locking would not open with key, door pull, outside handle, or inside handle. With 35,000 miles and 37 months of ownership cost me $465 to have door forced open and entire lock / motor mechanism replaced due to severe rusting on mechanism. Makes me wonder if recalls for SRS Air bag failure due to water and the more recent drivers door electrical switches for water shorting indicate if there are leaks in the doors. Now concerned other 3 doors will need lock replacements. Has anyone else had the lock failures on their Fit? If yes check or ask about server rusting as a cause.

Favorite Features

Capacity to haul items around, mileage get about 40 in summer and 38 in winter.

Suggested Improvements

Give this vehicle a Hyundai like warranty to Honda figures it out. Stop restricting supply of the vehicle, if Japan manufacturing is too expensive move it to Mexico.

Honda Fit 2007
By Napo Barto

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is but the best car from Hondas. Love the paddle, it is just fun driving this car. Mileage I got is a lot better than epa's rating. Great Little Car. Will keep mind for a long time. Thnx Honda, keep the good work.

90K miles and counting
By volksheime

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 90K mile on my fit since 4/06. Average 38.5mpg in summer, 33.5 in winter 90% highway. Cargo room is unbelievably useful and well designed - I put a water heater, car engine, tv boxes etc you do not need a truck. Sporty and fun to drive - nice dash instrumentation broke 2 windshields b/c of stress cracks, rattle in the dash started, wore factory tires out in 30K, tires rubbed and wore through the loose plastic fenderwell, rims have curbrash, drivers seat is tolerable but not the best, need a center armrest. Power steering acts up when cold out and American Honda wont replace it for free ($800 fix) even though there is a bulletin. I love my car for what it is.

Favorite Features

Unreal cargo room for the car size, good mileage, no engine/ trans problems yet, appearance, gauges, handling (but not in snow). I find it hard to beat a fun driving cargo hauler that gets 38mpg for 16K.

Suggested Improvements

Interior shows marks/dirt really bad, needs a 6th gear (Si version), needs armrest, needs some soundproofing, and a 100K B2B warranty for Honda people who crank on miles like me. Pedals too close together, windshield design, seat comfort is poor.

Un-Fit
By eddie.b

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We drove 2 new Civic manual trans for 12 yrs each with no problems. As for the Fit: Wire harness recall. Starter motor replaced at 34,000 m. Broken front axle, and manual trans. replaced at 39,000. We've lived in the same place since 1984, same driving conditions, same avg. miles per yr. Fit's a relatively new model, and its reliability hasn't really been tested until now. We'll soon know if the car's Fit to be called a Honda.

Favorite Features

Storage capacity. Fuel economy. Interior quality.

Suggested Improvements

Mechanical! In over 25 years experience with Hondas, only the Fit has been proven to be unreliable. And it's not cheap compared with other cars in its class.

Love the car, hate the noise
By WallabysDad

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I test drove the Fit, I listened for road noise/cabin noise because I drive quite a bit. I should have driven the car longer. The cabin noise is simply overwhelming at times. I will consider other tires to see if this helps, but the noise is so loud, it makes the car feel cheap and tinny. Don't get me wrong: I love this car - I just can't stand the amount of road noise I hear. And my wife doesn't like the stereo playing at full blast in order to drown it out!

Favorite Features

The MPG is fantastic, but I mostly love the maneuverablity, handling, and ability to park just about anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Honda has to address the cabin noise. Simply saying that it is to be expected in a car at this price is a lame excuse. If it doesn't improve, this will sadly be my last Honda.

Fit Flaws
By SportFit

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's all wrong ! The transmission setup is really awful. The gearing ratio into first gear and second result in a noticeable hesitation as the computer tries to match up with the short gear and the computer fuel delivery system. These tiny engine/trans crammed into a tiny space don't leave much room for clutch travel. Whereby we have a short time to ease the clutch out and get moving. The feel is not really smooth at all, and I have always enjoyed sticks. But in this car, get the auto and spare yourself the grief. This car even chatters backing up a hill. I am sorry I bought mine, it's very peppy and looks racy and cute, but I can't get comfortable with the transmission.

Favorite Features

The seat storage versatility, flat floor, and large rear door, and don't forget the MPG.

Suggested Improvements

How about we start using some plastic on the interior, dashboard, etc that doesn't scratch so dang easy. I mean kids have toys you can throw across the road and they don't show a mark. But get into the front seat with a backpack or purse and see what the zipper does to your glovebox door. Nice.

My Little Blue Beast
By Coldfoot

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Vroom vroom baby!!! This little car has a lot of "get up and go" as my mother put it and it is soooo much fun to drive. I picked up a queen size, four post bed frame last week with ease all because of the 40/60 flip down back seating area. Also, the seats flip up for a different kind of space. I use that feature on a daily basis so my dogs don't get the seat furry. All my friends are jealous of my seemingly "never empty" gas tank because I get such great gas mileage. Oh and the color! People are always checking me out and asking me if it's a hybrid. Thank you Honda!!! I love my car!

Favorite Features

Flip up seats, stereo system, all the cup holders and the pen holder.

Suggested Improvements

Have you seen the 2009 Fit? 'nough said.