Used 2007 Honda Fit Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

What a great FIT for me!
By Charles Kesl

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely zero mechanical problems after 100,000 miles. Roomy interior can fit furniture, bikes, and luggage other SUV's, trucks and large vehicles cannot. Handles really well, and driver visibility is great. Car vibrates heavily above 80mph. Outstanding gas mileage. Low chassis clearance requires caution with curbs, potholes, etc. Could use a little more legroom, like my 1993 Civic. Overall awesome, efficient, practical, useful, solid, high quality.

Great Gas Milage
By Jenny

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Gets good gas Milage 36-42 miles per gallon.
Seats are very comfortable.
Lots of room. Low maintenance.
You can lay the back seats down to make more room in the trunk area to haul things.

Best car ever!!!!
By legalavin

I've owned
infinity' s and Lexus most of my
'driving' life. Great cars. Then when my son was ready to go off to college we bought him a FIT. It was so much fun I stole it from him and gave him my old G20.

My son is 6'1" and carries sports equipment, robots and his buddies. The car needed to have headroom and cargo room. Plus my husband is 6'3" and a musician so we needed room for him too. This car has a ton of headroom and the cargo space/backseat is huge depending upon the configuration you use. The gas mileage is unreal, it sips rather than guzzles. To fill up the car at current prices ($3.85) it costs $35. I fill up every week and a half. It's also a blast to drive its responsive peppy, and powerful enough to get me onto the freeway at speed limit. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Also, before I bought the car I asked strangers in parking lots how they liked the car, they all loved it.

I hate the location of the off button for the radio. It's tiny and in a weird place.

Bad Driver Seat Ergonomics
By k morash

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the fit, but I can't keep it. The gas pedal is 5" off the floor and this keeps my foot almost perpendicular no matter what position I put the seat in, at the end of 30 mins I have leg cramps and heel pain. My husband is 6' and there is not enough leg room for him as the center console is too close to the gas pedal to be comfortable. The amount of time a dealer offers to test drive, it would be almost impossible to discover the bad gas pedal placement, this has developed over months of commuting. I spoke to Honda and this has not been changed in any current models, so I have to trade for something other then a Fit and maybe something other then a Honda. Too bad.

The interior hatchback space and the headroom.

Driver side ergonomics, suggestion of 6th gear to get better fuel mileage.

A tank in snow
By Fit for Anything

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We live in northern NY and for the last couple of winters have put some very aggressive snow tires on. It's a tank. Easily beats big SUVs off the line at snowy/icy stop lights. (Yeah, cheap thrill, I know.) Interior room is amazing. Only complaint is the seats are painful to sit in for much more than a couple hours at a time.

Paddle shifters, rear cargo carrying capability.

More comfortable front seats.