Used 2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Best car ever!!!!
By legalavin

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned infinity' s and Lexus most of my 'driving' life. Great cars. Then when my son was ready to go off to college we bought him a FIT. It was so much fun I stole it from him and gave him my old G20.

Favorite Features

My son is 6'1" and carries sports equipment, robots and his buddies. The car needed to have headroom and cargo room. Plus my husband is 6'3" and a musician so we needed room for him too. This car has a ton of headroom and the cargo space/backseat is huge depending upon the configuration you use. The gas mileage is unreal, it sips rather than guzzles. To fill up the car at current prices ($3.85) it costs $35. I fill up every week and a half. It's also a blast to drive its responsive peppy, and powerful enough to get me onto the freeway at speed limit. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Also, before I bought the car I asked strangers in parking lots how they liked the car, they all loved it.

Suggested Improvements

I hate the location of the off button for the radio. It's tiny and in a weird place.

Keeps on going.....
By fitgator

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I last posted a review in 2010. I still own this car and still love it. Knock on wood, I still have never taken it in for a repair (just routine maint), and it has 150k on it. I just calculated my mileage the other day, and, after driving some highway, some windy mtn roads, I was averaging 40.5 mpg!!!! That is amazing for a car of this age. Yes, the interior (like the floor "carpet") can be a little shoddy, but the seats have held up fine. When I wash it, it still looks like a new car. I have the 5-speed (wouldn't have an automatic with a 1.5L engine), and I have plenty of power for highway passing and climbing hills. When merging on the interstate, I can fly and blow past folks.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and reliability. The stock sound system is pretty good. Overall, it's comfy to drive. Plenty of engine power for such a small engine. While it may look small from the outside, inside it's huge. I have actually slept in this car with the back seats folded down. I am 6'0" and can lie diagonally and sleep in there. Really is an awesome car.

Suggested Improvements

Better floor material. Also, as others have stated, the tires do wear quickly (I have been told by tire dealers that it's the Sport model tires that tend to wear quickly...maybe the base model doesn't have this problem?). Wish it could have a sunroof option.

Love my Fit 07
By sharonartist

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Fit used with 45K on it. Mileage is 92K now PROS: I'm 5'3" & find it very comfortable on my round trip commute of 50 miles and 4 hour trips. 2. It has huge cargo capacity for it's size. Hauls all my art and display equipment. Brakes work fine. Tires were new when I bought it & still have them after 47K more miles. I rotate seasonally. It runs like a champion!!! I'll buy another one! CONS: the quality of the seat covers & floor covering - sub standard. Carpet has worn easily and everything sticks to it. 2. The front bumper is very low & doesn't clear average bumper stops -beware & stop before you hit it. 3. Automatic trans. shifts a bit rough...just minor problems.

Favorite Features

Interior size Price Reliability Low maintenance

Suggested Improvements

better quality carpet and seating fabric higher front bumper

Fun to drive and soo cute ! Awesome Gas mileage
By mickmarion

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I just wished she was taller. I get tired of hitting the dips, cars should not be made so low at 4 inches taller or more. But she is so roomy, we have 3 dogs and all fit back there perfectly. The seats never sit upright. She doesn't look roomy from the outside until you look inside. That is why she is a Fit, can fit everything !!

Favorite Features

Mileage 36-45 on the highway here in Utah !! Roomy, stylish and cute. Quiet cabin and have never had any issues with her yet. We are at 65,000 miles and just took her to Honda to get serviced - nothing wrong at all.

Suggested Improvements

Make them taller.

Love it!
By m_n_mcandy

2007 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I didn't make the decision to purchase this car. It was the only car on the lot that fit my budget, I didn't even like the color (red) but I had no choice. However, I have not been disappointed, other than the low front bumper that I had to get repaired twice. (at no cost). I just recently took my littel red car to PA from VA. She did great!!! I filled up my tank once going and once leaving, without stopping for gas I made it to my destinations leaving 1/4 tank of gas. She drove smoothly, kept up with the flow of traffic, and I was comfortable because of the space in the car.

Favorite Features

The headlights, radio/cd/aux console, space, pick up, cruise control is great!

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had armrests, automatic lights turn off feature and automatic door lock feature when getting ready to drive.