2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:
Keeps on going.....
By fitgator on 09/09/13 18:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I last posted a review in 2010. I still own this car and still love it. Knock on wood, I still have never taken it in for a repair (just routine maint), and it has 150k on it. I just calculated my mileage the other day, and, after driving some highway, some windy mtn roads, I was averaging 40.5 mpg!!!! That is amazing for a car of this age. Yes, the interior (like the floor "carpet") can be a little shoddy, but the seats have held up fine. When I wash it, it still looks like a new car. I have the 5-speed (wouldn't have an automatic with a 1.5L engine), and I have plenty of power for highway passing and climbing hills. When merging on the interstate, I can fly and blow past folks.

Don't have to spend a ton for a good car
By FitLover on 06/24/10 07:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Sport model with 5-speed in Aug 2006. Have no complaints about its performance. I bought it for the gas mileage and it hasn't disappointed. In mixed driving, I still get about 35-36 mpg, and it has 80,000 miles on it now. Taken trips from ATL to: Memphis; Pennsylvania; WV (in winter); FL. Average about 41 mpg on these trips. Also haul around 3 kids. It may not be extra spacious for them, but you don't have to drive a gas-guzzling SUV when you have more than 1 child. I can't stand seeing big suburbans getting 10 mpg while my Fit hauls 3 kids just fine. So far, all is well with my Fit. I highly recommend it!

Love it all except
By SJD on 04/23/10 08:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The driver's front seat can be a bit harsh on long trips. I am over 6 Ft tall and it takes some getting used to the lack of comfort. Buy a K&N Drop In Filter, I drive 90% highway and got a TRUE 42 MPG on my last tank doing 70 MPH. Buy an armrest on ebay ($50 bucks), best investment in the world for this car. Everything else is great as far as driving, was skeptical based on reviews here but I have seen none of the problems others have posted. MINOR DISLIKES: Taching 3500+ RPM at 70 MPH, Drivers seat needs to go back farther, not enough interior lighting, seats attract every piece of fuzz. See, I said they were minor.

Internal Door Rust - Door Lock Failures
By JES_MA on 04/09/10 13:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have garaged my FIT nightly and weekends in Massachusetts. My driver's side rear door after locking would not open with key, door pull, outside handle, or inside handle. With 35,000 miles and 37 months of ownership cost me $465 to have door forced open and entire lock / motor mechanism replaced due to severe rusting on mechanism. Makes me wonder if recalls for SRS Air bag failure due to water and the more recent drivers door electrical switches for water shorting indicate if there are leaks in the doors. Now concerned other 3 doors will need lock replacements. Has anyone else had the lock failures on their Fit? If yes check or ask about server rusting as a cause.

Honda Fit 2007
By Napo Barto on 02/14/10 05:53 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is but the best car from Hondas. Love the paddle, it is just fun driving this car. Mileage I got is a lot better than epa's rating. Great Little Car. Will keep mind for a long time. Thnx Honda, keep the good work.

90K miles and counting
By volksheime on 12/21/09 21:32 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 90K mile on my fit since 4/06. Average 38.5mpg in summer, 33.5 in winter 90% highway. Cargo room is unbelievably useful and well designed - I put a water heater, car engine, tv boxes etc you do not need a truck. Sporty and fun to drive - nice dash instrumentation broke 2 windshields b/c of stress cracks, rattle in the dash started, wore factory tires out in 30K, tires rubbed and wore through the loose plastic fenderwell, rims have curbrash, drivers seat is tolerable but not the best, need a center armrest. Power steering acts up when cold out and American Honda wont replace it for free ($800 fix) even though there is a bulletin. I love my car for what it is.

Un-Fit
By eddie.b on 09/18/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We drove 2 new Civic manual trans for 12 yrs each with no problems. As for the Fit: Wire harness recall. Starter motor replaced at 34,000 m. Broken front axle, and manual trans. replaced at 39,000. We've lived in the same place since 1984, same driving conditions, same avg. miles per yr. Fit's a relatively new model, and its reliability hasn't really been tested until now. We'll soon know if the car's Fit to be called a Honda.

Love the car, hate the noise
By WallabysDad on 09/04/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I test drove the Fit, I listened for road noise/cabin noise because I drive quite a bit. I should have driven the car longer. The cabin noise is simply overwhelming at times. I will consider other tires to see if this helps, but the noise is so loud, it makes the car feel cheap and tinny. Don't get me wrong: I love this car - I just can't stand the amount of road noise I hear. And my wife doesn't like the stereo playing at full blast in order to drown it out!

Fit Flaws
By SportFit on 07/03/09 23:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's all wrong ! The transmission setup is really awful. The gearing ratio into first gear and second result in a noticeable hesitation as the computer tries to match up with the short gear and the computer fuel delivery system. These tiny engine/trans crammed into a tiny space don't leave much room for clutch travel. Whereby we have a short time to ease the clutch out and get moving. The feel is not really smooth at all, and I have always enjoyed sticks. But in this car, get the auto and spare yourself the grief. This car even chatters backing up a hill. I am sorry I bought mine, it's very peppy and looks racy and cute, but I can't get comfortable with the transmission.

My Little Blue Beast
By Coldfoot on 05/01/09 08:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Vroom vroom baby!!! This little car has a lot of "get up and go" as my mother put it and it is soooo much fun to drive. I picked up a queen size, four post bed frame last week with ease all because of the 40/60 flip down back seating area. Also, the seats flip up for a different kind of space. I use that feature on a daily basis so my dogs don't get the seat furry. All my friends are jealous of my seemingly "never empty" gas tank because I get such great gas mileage. Oh and the color! People are always checking me out and asking me if it's a hybrid. Thank you Honda!!! I love my car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.