Used 2007 Honda Fit Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Fit

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Keeps on going.....
By fitgator

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I last posted a review in 2010. I still own this car and still love it. Knock on wood, I still have never taken it in for a repair (just routine maint), and it has 150k on it. I just calculated my mileage the other day, and, after driving some highway, some windy mtn roads, I was averaging 40.5 mpg!!!! That is amazing for a car of this age. Yes, the interior (like the floor "carpet") can be a little shoddy, but the seats have held up fine. When I wash it, it still looks like a new car. I have the 5-speed (wouldn't have an automatic with a 1.5L engine), and I have plenty of power for highway passing and climbing hills. When merging on the interstate, I can fly and blow past folks.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and reliability. The stock sound system is pretty good. Overall, it's comfy to drive. Plenty of engine power for such a small engine. While it may look small from the outside, inside it's huge. I have actually slept in this car with the back seats folded down. I am 6'0" and can lie diagonally and sleep in there. Really is an awesome car.

Suggested Improvements

Better floor material. Also, as others have stated, the tires do wear quickly (I have been told by tire dealers that it's the Sport model tires that tend to wear quickly...maybe the base model doesn't have this problem?). Wish it could have a sunroof option.

Don't have to spend a ton for a good car
By FitLover

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Sport model with 5-speed in Aug 2006. Have no complaints about its performance. I bought it for the gas mileage and it hasn't disappointed. In mixed driving, I still get about 35-36 mpg, and it has 80,000 miles on it now. Taken trips from ATL to: Memphis; Pennsylvania; WV (in winter); FL. Average about 41 mpg on these trips. Also haul around 3 kids. It may not be extra spacious for them, but you don't have to drive a gas-guzzling SUV when you have more than 1 child. I can't stand seeing big suburbans getting 10 mpg while my Fit hauls 3 kids just fine. So far, all is well with my Fit. I highly recommend it!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage (even after 80k miles). Seat configuration. Passing ability at hwy speeds (can fly around cars when I drop it down into 4th). Unlike editor's review, it's really not too loud at highway speeds. Even at 80 mph, it's still smooth as can be with no rattling.

Suggested Improvements

Only 2 things, wish it had a temperature gauge, only has an "H" light and a "C" light (luckily never seen the "H" light, fingers crossed). Second, on the sport model, the cost to replace the tires seems exorbitantly high, tire place told me that size wheel with directional tires costs a lot.

Love it all except
By SJD

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The driver's front seat can be a bit harsh on long trips. I am over 6 Ft tall and it takes some getting used to the lack of comfort. Buy a K&N Drop In Filter, I drive 90% highway and got a TRUE 42 MPG on my last tank doing 70 MPH. Buy an armrest on ebay ($50 bucks), best investment in the world for this car. Everything else is great as far as driving, was skeptical based on reviews here but I have seen none of the problems others have posted. MINOR DISLIKES: Taching 3500+ RPM at 70 MPH, Drivers seat needs to go back farther, not enough interior lighting, seats attract every piece of fuzz. See, I said they were minor.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage-If you get less than 37 MPG in this thing, there is something wrong, stereo is great for an economy car, gear box is very precise and fun to shift, lots of room for stuff, interior gauges are sweet

Suggested Improvements

Really should have a 6th gear, if there was a 6th gear, this thing would easily obtain 50 MPG or better, more comfortable seats, make armrest standard

Internal Door Rust - Door Lock Failures
By JES_MA

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have garaged my FIT nightly and weekends in Massachusetts. My driver's side rear door after locking would not open with key, door pull, outside handle, or inside handle. With 35,000 miles and 37 months of ownership cost me $465 to have door forced open and entire lock / motor mechanism replaced due to severe rusting on mechanism. Makes me wonder if recalls for SRS Air bag failure due to water and the more recent drivers door electrical switches for water shorting indicate if there are leaks in the doors. Now concerned other 3 doors will need lock replacements. Has anyone else had the lock failures on their Fit? If yes check or ask about server rusting as a cause.

Favorite Features

Capacity to haul items around, mileage get about 40 in summer and 38 in winter.

Suggested Improvements

Give this vehicle a Hyundai like warranty to Honda figures it out. Stop restricting supply of the vehicle, if Japan manufacturing is too expensive move it to Mexico.

Honda Fit 2007
By Napo Barto

2007 Honda Fit Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is but the best car from Hondas. Love the paddle, it is just fun driving this car. Mileage I got is a lot better than epa's rating. Great Little Car. Will keep mind for a long time. Thnx Honda, keep the good work.