Used 2007 Honda Fit Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Fit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Best car ever!!!!
By legalavin

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned infinity' s and Lexus most of my 'driving' life. Great cars. Then when my son was ready to go off to college we bought him a FIT. It was so much fun I stole it from him and gave him my old G20.

My son is 6'1" and carries sports equipment, robots and his buddies. The car needed to have headroom and cargo room. Plus my husband is 6'3" and a musician so we needed room for him too. This car has a ton of headroom and the cargo space/backseat is huge depending upon the configuration you use. The gas mileage is unreal, it sips rather than guzzles. To fill up the car at current prices ($3.85) it costs $35. I fill up every week and a half. It's also a blast to drive its responsive peppy, and powerful enough to get me onto the freeway at speed limit. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Also, before I bought the car I asked strangers in parking lots how they liked the car, they all loved it.

I hate the location of the off button for the radio. It's tiny and in a weird place.

Bad Driver Seat Ergonomics
By k morash

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the fit, but I can't keep it. The gas pedal is 5" off the floor and this keeps my foot almost perpendicular no matter what position I put the seat in, at the end of 30 mins I have leg cramps and heel pain. My husband is 6' and there is not enough leg room for him as the center console is too close to the gas pedal to be comfortable. The amount of time a dealer offers to test drive, it would be almost impossible to discover the bad gas pedal placement, this has developed over months of commuting. I spoke to Honda and this has not been changed in any current models, so I have to trade for something other then a Fit and maybe something other then a Honda. Too bad.

The interior hatchback space and the headroom.

Driver side ergonomics, suggestion of 6th gear to get better fuel mileage.

A tank in snow
By Fit for Anything

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We live in northern NY and for the last couple of winters have put some very aggressive snow tires on. It's a tank. Easily beats big SUVs off the line at snowy/icy stop lights. (Yeah, cheap thrill, I know.) Interior room is amazing. Only complaint is the seats are painful to sit in for much more than a couple hours at a time.

Paddle shifters, rear cargo carrying capability.

More comfortable front seats.

snow handling
By vinny

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a certified 2007 honda fit with 19,000 miles.I was very pleased with this car till it snowed. The dealer had put on 4 new tires--whatever they were they are horrible....maybe the car is just too light.I thought my vw jetta was bad in the snow but the fit is ridiculous. I cant get out of my driveway even after I've shoveled it out.I got stuck on a level alleyway pulling out to a level street! After the road was plowed the remaining snow was throwing me all around even though the larger car in front of me was ripping right along.Now I'm scared to venture out with even the lightest snowfall.I 'll have to do more research next car purchase time.

fold down seats for lots of storage and combinations-its like a small minivan fun driving 4 doors and hatchback

replace the cheap carpet and excessive scratchable plastic I don't think there is anything they can do to help the snow driving problem

Spend Your Money Elsewhere
By fit2006

2007 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased Honda Fit 8/2006. LOCK: After 2 years, the driver's lock stopped working. Honda did not stand by the lock. Passenger lock also failing. BRAKES: Passenger brake caliper stuck causing the pad to wear down on that side only. Honda fixed it and promised it wouldn't happen again. This time, slider sticking, brake pad on passenger worn again! VISIBILITY: The side curtain airbags cause two very large blind spots for people my size (under 5'3"). HANDLING: The car has a high center of gravity. Wind causes the car to dance a bit on the highway. BODY INTEGRITY: Any kind of minor collision causes this car to crumple and the bumper to come off! The car is very boring.

I do love the interior of the car -- room for a lot of stuff. I also love the safety features that came standard with the car.

1.) More power ports -- there is only one power port!!! Ipod Docking? 2.) BODY INTEGRITY! Come on Honda! 3.) Better locks -- geez!!! 4.) Lower center of gravity 5.) More comfortable seats 6.) Tires that last longer 7.) Fuel economy. 8.) Better visibility