Used 2010 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Most Helpful|
Not for everyone
By Pudde

2010 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you need a great little car for commuting then this is the one! I wasn't the target type for this car but its ended up being just right for me. The various cargo arrangements are great! Mpg is over 25 for light city driving (4.9 miles to work for me) and always nice to have the awd on hand.

Favorite Features

Awd, stereo, navi

Suggested Improvements

tad more ground clearance and better fuel tank location/protection

Won't start again
By Not Happy

2010 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a new Honda Element in May and it has been in the shop 2 times this time over a week and getting response "we don't know the techs are looking at it". will not run if not started daily. Left me stuck in Washington DC and 3 additional times at home. Honda will not provide a rental call while they guess at issue. Also, purchases Honda Civic SI 2010 same time have had no issues with that so far. what a bummer!

Favorite Features

like the safety of doors since have a 3 year old.

Suggested Improvements

Need to provide alternative transportation if you have to take back a brand new vehicle and not leave customers stuck...

Love the car except
By MrMike

2010 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a perfect sized vehicle for my needs. I totally removed the back seats and use it as a van. I have some disappointments like The stereo system is ok at best. The front seats should've been able to go all the way forward when in forward position. The rust proofing found under the fender wells should've been sprayed everywhere on the undercarriage. It deceives a buyer into thinking he has rustproofing there. In my opinion, even a weekend car painter knows that all the door jambs should be painted the same as the rest of the vehicle. My Element is like that n some parts of the jambs while the rest is the same as what you find under the hood. I cant believe this is standard for a car

A return customer
By walter

2010 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 03 Element for a 2010. I was able to get mine with manual tranny! That's important for me; I just had to nag the salesman to beat on the computer network a bit. We found a dealer trade just 60 miles away. This car (like my old one) is the most practical car out there. In all the 102k miles I put on my old one, the only expense outside of scheduled maintenance was to replace battery and tires, and it never left me stranded. I use it almost like a truck and it serves me very well. I'm happy in my element!

Favorite Features

I like the seats and their versatility. I like the simplicity of a car that is not trying to Look a certain trendy way, but is content to just Be what it is. The XM radio and all the audio bits are great for my needs. I'm glad Honda ditched the moon roof; it was stupid.

Suggested Improvements

Keep the manual transmission. Bring the 2.4 liter diesel engine to the US from Europe. The horn is too wimpy; I already have an aftermarket horn to supplement it.

A fantastic car for a narrow segment
By tictoknsac

2010 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Element is a fantastic car for a very specific segment of car owners. If you want a car that can haul an incredible amount size-wise; and, has AWD to go skiing; and, gets decent gas mileage for commuting; and, is large in terms of driver and passenger seating/comfort (4 max) and is incredibly reliable AND you can appreciate its boxy shape as a necessary attribute of much of the above for < $25K - THEN you can/will love this car. Otherwise, you either will not be interested at all -- OR you point out all the cars that will do SOME of these things better. But you won't find a car that does ALL these things better. This is my 2nd Element and I could not think of another car I wanted.

Favorite Features

Space for hauling large objects -- overall comfort, high reliability, AWD performance in snow and ice

Suggested Improvements

Better sound proofing/wind noise abatement. Minor features like heated outside mirrors and rear view camera that does not require navigation system.